Forced to dance

Savej

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's been here 7 years, doesn't mean I ever thought it was ok. I've heard others complain.

I’ve only ever seen it used on the fleet or when people are grouping around a social area. If it’s such a problem, all you need to do is stand 10m away from them and you stop ;)

Move your character a hair and it'll stop dancing, problem solved.

Moving "a hair" doesn't work - have to leave the area. He can follow and re-cast it at will so I'm basically playing chase unless I can pop a vehicle (can't do that in places like the wz starting areas). Even if I start a "rest" ability he can recast and I'll start dancing again. If someone could do this irl I can guarantee whoever threw up that disco ball would get beat up a lot.

Moving "a hair" doesn't work - have to leave the area. He can follow and re-cast it at will so I'm basically playing chase unless I can pop a vehicle (can't do that in places like the wz starting areas). Even if I start a "rest" ability he can recast and I'll start dancing again. If someone could do this irl I can guarantee whoever threw up that disco ball would get beat up a lot.

In other words you have a dance troll? So yeah, that sucks. I’ve never come across one of these before.

Someone decides they want me to dance in a non-combat area, they can make me do it. No consent. How is that cool?

#FirstGalaxyProblems.

Unless, of course, you enjoy watching your character stand still next to others. I mean -- the gameplay isn't that bad.

To each his / her own. <<sips martini>>

Dasty

Edited by Jdast

Someone decides they want me to dance in a non-combat area, they can make me do it. No consent. How is that cool?

I agree. In 7th grade they lined us up in two rows in the gym and we had to dance a Virginia reel, and then made us square dance.

Hated every moment of it.

I've found it annoying, but not to the level of the OP.

Wow.

I didn't really tell you how I feel about it, I just presented the facts. When they -are- spelled out it sounds worse than it is. But it's something that can be abused and there should be some way to counter it when I don't feel like dancing badly (which is most of the time).

I agree. In 7th grade they lined us up in two rows in the gym and we had to dance a Virginia reel, and then made us square dance.

Hated every moment of it.

I had to take formal dance lessons when I was 15 - who wants to do the Cha-cha or the Rhumba at 15? No one. I've never used it since.

I see movies where the bully shoots at helpless people's feet to make them "dance". That's what I see on screen when it happens to my character. The area affect of disco balls isn't actually small.

Edited by Savej

I guess some can't resist the need to troll. That's a new one to me. Like you, if someone did this in real life, which they wouldn't because they're keyboard commando's, it would be a completely different ending.

Yea, this makes the situation different. I had it when they did the dance thing in the area where I was but when I moved I stopped but never had someone actually keep following me just to do that. This is something very different.

The party bomb ain't that bad tbh, the worse troll device I ever saw was back in the early days of Star Trek Online, you could get hit with a freeze granade and it would freeze you in a block of ice for a few seconds... but a huge problem until you had 5 peole hitting you one after another..... hame with the party popper things, those can still be a pain in the backside there.

The party bomb ain't that bad tbh, the worse troll device I ever saw was back in the early days of Star Trek Online, you could get hit with a freeze granade and it would freeze you in a block of ice for a few seconds... but a huge problem until you had 5 peole hitting you one after another..... hame with the party popper things, those can still be a pain in the backside there.

In SWG the Medics had an ability called 'Stasis', two of them actually, one for yourself and one for another group member. The ability if I remember correctly made the person it was used on immobile and immune to damage for a brief time. We always had one of the Medics in the group that would intentionally use it on a group member while cruising through their Heroics, similar to FP's here. I always thought it was funny. Someone busts out a dance emote here, I throw down the Clubdance emote.

Regarding the original post, have fun with it. If people know they're getting under your skin, they'll continue. And if they persist, file a ticket.

In other words you have a dance troll? So yeah, that sucks. I’ve never come across one of these before.

RPer here, this sort of trolling is extremely common. It's one of the most used tactics of those people with no lives who harass RPers interacting in public areas like the Fleet. Party bombs, /rally, sitting on top of groups with giant mounts, spammable AoE attacks with big animations like Force Storm, spamming built in emotes that get around /ignore so they can make the chat scroll too fast to read... like I said, these sad people have no lives, so they come up with all kinds of ways to bother others to get their jollies.

Best way to deal with stuff like Party Bomb trolling is to use certain emotes that fix you in a set pose or small animation loop. This prevents your toon from dancing. I'm fond of /map myself for this purpose.

Edited by AscendingSky