"bioware did a great job at balance" - yeah right

mmjarec

so.. what is exactly balanced about a class with max range having higher armor and better dps than a melee class that gets no stealth opener bonus and has the lowest armor.. why play stealth class again?

suposedly giving up armor would imply more dps but i havent been in an instance yet where my damage output wasnt doubled by a sniper sitting there in cover spamming the same buttons.

the only option for pvp survivability is tank spec which makes you subpar tanking and gimps your dps so you are niether a tank or dps because you gimp your damage by going tank and gimp your tanking by going damage

at least give us a reason to go within 4m and actually use melee moves besides enjoying getting CC'ed to oblivion either nerf the spec or buff assasins/shadows because while they might be one of the more represented classes in warzones it in no way implies that the class is anything other than average. arent assasins supposed to assassinate people? thats hard to do when u get knocked back,

kited and owned as soon as you pop stealth.

its nearly impossible to stay within melee range. and i'm sure you will not even read this far then blame my skill or gear, well.. i ahve the best gear you can get for my level and snipers 2 levels below me still out dps me.. why is this? because aguy can sit there in cover with 2x the armor and do 2x the damage... how is that balanced? the only way you can even kill one is to find one already half dead and finish him off.

your flames do not scare me, i am used to them, you know its the truth, roll something besides a sniper and try objectively evaluating the class balance.

"oh i kill plenty of snipers" .. yeah well they were probably afk or noobs.

They can do damage from 30m away and have more aoe attacks, of course they will do more DPS. They aren't going to make your attacks 50% more powerful to offset the time you need to spend sneaking around.

Bigger issue is whether you can take them down 1 vs 1, and I think the answer to that is yes, at least some of the time.

I am confused, is this about PVP? If so then lol "balance". It will never be "right" because someone will always complain.

If this is about PvE then people should stop waving the e-peen around (won't happen) and just be nice.

Already, last night I seen a group looking for any class but a JC because they "suck."

right. and someone that sits there and spams the same 2 or 3 buttons does vs having to maneuver behind an opponent is sooo skillful. nice contribution.

Yet they fold like paper when attacked. The problem is most people have no situational awareness and ranged players can simply plink away at the tunnel-visioning melee with little threat to themselves.

bah, this post reminds me of a guildmate

he's actually complaining about the same, but i know him and this kind of people

they only wanna play wit a OPclass, so they can brag about it how awsome they are

otherwise they are whinning like litle children

i hope this treat is clossed, in mine point of vieuw, the classes are wellballanst

stuppid idiots about there whinning that they are not OP considering the other classes

so.. what is exactly balanced about a class with max range having higher armor and better dps than a melee class that gets no stealth opener bonus and has the lowest armor.. why play stealth class again?

suposedly giving up armor would imply more dps but i havent been in an instance yet where my damage output wasnt doubled by a sniper sitting there in cover spamming the same buttons.

the only option for pvp survivability is tank spec which makes you subpar tanking and gimps your dps so you are niether a tank or dps because you gimp your damage by going tank and gimp your tanking by going damage

at least give us a reason to go within 4m and actually use melee moves besides enjoying getting CC'ed to oblivion either nerf the spec or buff assasins/shadows because while they might be one of the more represented classes in warzones it in no way implies that the class is anything other than average. arent assasins supposed to assassinate people? thats hard to do when u get knocked back,

its nearly impossible to stay within melee range. and i'm sure you will not even read this far then blame my skill or gear, well.. i ahve the best gear you can get for my level and snipers 2 levels below me still out dps me.. why is this? because aguy can sit there in cover with 2x the armor and do 2x the damage... how is that balanced? the only way you can even kill one is to find one already half dead and finish him off.

your flames do not scare me, i am used to them, you know its the truth, roll something besides a sniper and try objectively evaluating the class balance.

I am pretty sure you're just a baddie heheh

lol OP is a noob. You let the sniper just sit there and shoot you. Run up to him. :p

have you even tried playing assasin? you use one CC break only to get snared and cc'ed again.. they die so easy? try having light armor.. at least they have the ability to snare and use range. i have to get to my target and am nearly dead by the time i even get within the 4m range.

and blah blah level 50 whatever, so i'm supposed to just suck for 49 levels?

i'm speaking from experience, complaining about level 50 unless u have actually pvped as a sniepr and assasin at 50 then reallyl are just blowing smoke if you cant speak from experience dont speak at all.

it pertains to both pve and pvp. its just worse in pvp cause you have to contend with CC. you can complain that snipers are so squishy yet you still have 2x the armor as a light armor melee class. you want heavy armor and a shield on top of your max range and insane dps... yeah thats the right direction.

from pvp forums:

"Yes that is right. On my Bounty Hunter I have found it more successful to to stop keybinding and stop running around after the enemy player and stop trying to kite enemy players. Instead I click every ability which seems to time perfectly with the gcd system. I sit there and unload on anything that comes at me. I was number one in damage and kills. "

try not lying to yourself and be honest like this guy.. they obviously are in need of tweaking or upgrade assasins.

you can deny all you want, in reality, the class will be first on the nerf list.

Edited by mmjarec

Im a Sith Assasin, when PVP'ing and what not I am always the top 1 or 2 in kills and usually the least in deaths. I don't see what your problem is, do you use you stuns properly? If you stun them move behind them and do a backstab that gets em pretty quick. I think you should really look at your skill set and use them to that point. This isn't a stupid WoW game where you can just sit there and use your abilities with no strat.

have you even tried playing assasin? you use one CC break only to get snared and cc'ed again.. they die so easy? try having light armor.. at least they have the ability to snare and use range. i have to get to my target and am nearly dead by the time i even get within the 4m range.

and blah blah level 50 whatever, so i'm supposed to just suck for 49 levels?

i'm speaking from experience, complaining about level 50 unless u have actually pvped as a sniepr and assasin at 50 then reallyl are just blowing smoke if you cant speak from experience dont speak at all.

it pertains to both pve and pvp. its just worse in pvp cause you have to contend with CC. you can complain that snipers are so squishy yet you still have 2x the armor as a light armor melee class. you want heavy armor and a shield on top of your max range and insane dps... yeah thats the right direction.

from pvp forums:

"Yes that is right. On my Bounty Hunter I have found it more successful to to stop keybinding and stop running around after the enemy player and stop trying to kite enemy players. Instead I click every ability which seems to time perfectly with the gcd system. I sit there and unload on anything that comes at me. I was number one in damage and kills. "

try not lying to yourself and be honest like this guy.. they obviously are in need of tweaking or upgrade assasins.

you can deny all you want, in reality, the class will be first on the nerf list.

Who would of ever guessed.....heavy armor blocks magic/force now!!

Dude, if you think a bh is easy, go try it, bet you still get owned. go back to wow and whine, not here sally. Just saying. You don't like it, there's the door.

BTW, I have an assas and a bh, my assas rocks him.

TL;DR but currently my guildie and I are level 50 Assassins and I will say this: while we have little complaints about the benefits or lack there-of from stealth, we feel as if we are the squishiest class with lackluster dps. Either buff our survivability (He's tank spec, I'm DPS spec - Deception) or buff our burst. Sure, our dps is fine. I do great in PvE and I'm pretty high on the damage meter, if not first in Warzones but it takes me absolutely forever to kill someone while everyone else seems to get kills in half the time and certainly can almost one or two shot me.

i'm a dps jugg and have killed snipers/gunslingers in pvp in wz's and wpvp that ganked me just fine.

i've also killed each of every class just fine as dps jugg in more or less 1v1 situtations.

as well i'm aware sins get run speed boosts in combat that should make kiting them more dificult than other melee classes. as well i've even seen qq about sins/shadows being OP themselves.

My main is a Sorc, but whenthe wife wanted to try BH I figured why not roll a sniper. Afterall they are mad OP right? /sarcasm off.

So I have fun with it and if I catch a player already engaged with one of my teammates I can kill him fairly easy. I usually get a full combo off before he even realizes he's actually fighting two of us. But when someone gets the drop on me I die just as easily.

I had a Trooper looking at me from across the WZ and waving. He comes running up, with me already in cover, he gets in range and starts nuking me. As I am already in cover I start unloading on him. So here we are, Trooper and Sniper going toe to toe. No LOS bs, just straight up unloading on each other, and he owns me.

I'm sorry but Snipers aren't OP. If I catch you unaware and nuke you while you run straight at me or ignore me to keep attacking my teammate, I'm probably gonna kill you. I'm a sniper, I'm DESIGNED to do that. If you get the drop on me and keep me in melee range, you're probably gonna kill me. So where is the OP?

Edited by HouseMcCune