PvP gear : No thx!

Poje

It's perfect like it is right now!

Why am i talking about this?

Well it was brought up in the SWTOR Central stream that you were thinking about bringing it back. (Musco & Keith)

This was my answer :

Basicly Expertise is artificial and stupid. Gear is gear, that's it.

It was logical to remove it, like it was logical to make all planets usefull by having your lvl ajusted automaticly.

You guys made good changes to the game in the last few years, continue to think about the futur, not the past.

Poje

One way to reimplement Expertise would be to change it to a Tank-only stat, one that reduces the damage that Tanks receive from other players but does NOT boost their own damage output, and can only be found on Tank gear with other Tank stats. So you can get it as a Tank but not a DPS Skank, you'd have to give up DPS stats to get it.

One way to reimplement Expertise would be to change it to a Tank-only stat, one that reduces the damage that Tanks receive from other players but does NOT boost their own damage output, and can only be found on Tank gear with other Tank stats. So you can get it as a Tank but not a DPS Skank, you'd have to give up DPS stats to get it.

No need for that, they just need to make the current defensive stats like Defence work in PvP.

It's perfect like it is right now!

If you only play 1 or 2 classes then yes, it works great for such a person. If you like to experiment with alts and possibly play on different servers, then it sucks big time. The old expertise sets took 2-4 weeks to be BiS depending on how much you played. It was a near perfect system.

If you only play 1 or 2 classes then yes, it works great for such a person. If you like to experiment with alts and possibly play on different servers, then it sucks big time. The old expertise sets took 2-4 weeks to be BiS depending on how much you played. It was a near perfect system.

Well with the new CXP system, it took me 10 days to get a toon from 1 to 300 by playing a decent amount, so...

The new system offer a flexibility for players to do whatever they want in game, get gear and then play whatever style with that gear.

Please, no.

Having to grind out *two* sets of gear just so you can do PVP and PVE is annoying. So is the amount of space your currently unused set takes up in your cargo hold. Also annoying is needing to swap out those sets of gear every time you switch from running PVP content to PVE or vice versa.

You'd also need to fully augment a second set if you plan on doing both PVP and PVE, and if you aren't a crafter, BiS augments are not cheap. Should players already in full BiS need to spend 30 million credits just to fully augment a second set so that they can do end game content & PVP? No!

I do not mourn Experise's death and not needing a second set of gear was a good change. One set of BiS gear should be enough to run any content in the game.

Is the current system of gearing for PVP perfect? No, but let's not take two steps backward in an attempt to fix it.

Edited by Aeneas_Falco

Gearing full BiS still takes the same amount of time, the difference you gotta stick to one character and gear your alts from it rather than gear each alt by playing it. As you rise in rank and get 242s that you don't need you actually get optional 248 of any class or spec, and the UC gain is no longer that slow when counting daily and weekly, and can easily fill the gap remaining. You will miss maybe 1-2 pieces, which you can meanwhile equip from an alt with the penalty of set bonuses only...

As much as I hate seeing undergeared people in pvp, I still don't want expertise back. I don't want to grind for two gear sets, and I don't want another set to take up space in my inventory or cargo.

Just bolster everyone to same stats, maybe little less for those who didn't bother to augment their gear, and that should solve the gear disparity issues, making only skill matter again.

i'll sign on the mod/enh for UC! because **** these rng boxes for tanks mods and enh.

This!!

I don't care if a single 248 enhancment would cost 900 UC, as long as it is obtainable without RNG!

Edited by Rafiknoll

Please, no.

Having to grind out *two* sets of gear just so you can do PVP and PVE is annoying. So is the amount of space your currently unused set takes up in your cargo hold. Also annoying is needing to swap out those sets of gear every time you switch from running PVP content to PVE or vice versa.

You'd also need to fully augment a second set if you plan on doing both PVP and PVE, and if you aren't a crafter, BiS augments are not cheap. Should players already in full BiS need to spend 30 million credits just to fully augment a second set so that they can do end game content & PVP? No!

I do not mourn Experise's death and not needing a second set of gear was a good change. One set of BiS gear should be enough to run any content in the game.

Is the current system of gearing for PVP perfect? No, but let's not take two steps backward in an attempt to fix it.

Yep, 100% agree.

If they junk the RNG crate system and re-introduce the beloved comm gear vendor system I will take expertise back without a complaint. They could then simply perfect bolster while they at it, and balance the classes too.

On a serious note, more inline with reality, I do believe it's about time for sorcs to be the apex predator of the SWTOR kingdom. My sorc/sages need to be OP'd and unstoppable again!

Devs: it's time bros!

IT'S YEAR OF THE SORC!!!!

Heal sorc/sages need to be unstoppable again; and DPS sorcs really need a lot of love now. More dot damage that actually hurts, and make lightning sorcs fearsome as they should be instead of useless as they are now.

Gimp marauders so I can melt them in 10 secs, and reduce the mobility of operatives I am sick and tired of them being unkillable, kiting 6 people around a node indefinitely.

Looking forward to these changes soon!

Edited by Lhancelot

I left when they did away with PvP gear and started the current gearing system and come to the forum to read up what all has changed from time to time, and this sounds like an attempt by them to get some players back. Started thinking about it and at least for me, it probably doesn't matter. Too far gone.

I argued to bring back pvp gear shortly after they removed it. I'm still in favor of it. Here's why.

We have an extremely long pvp gear grind right now. Do you think that is a good thing? I do not. I would love to see a return of cheap gear (for pvp). Do you know why we can't have that? It's largely because there is no pvp gear anymore - it's the same gear as for pve. PvE needs a gear progression, pvp really does not.

Optimal stat allocations for PvE and PvP are not the same. Do you know how much of a pain it is, with the current grindy system, to optimize for both activities? Well, if you are against bringing back cheap PvP gear, then you obviously do not know. You probably just go with one set and the same stat allocations for both. You flat out do not get it, much like the BW devs.

Edited by teclado

I argued to bring back pvp gear shortly after they removed it. I'm still in favor of it. Here's why.

We have an extremely long pvp gear grind right now. Do you think that is a good thing? I do not. I would love to see a return of cheap gear (for pvp). Do you know why we can't have that? It's largely because there is no pvp gear anymore - it's the same gear as for pve. PvE needs a gear progression, pvp really does not.

Optimal stat allocations for PvE and PvP are not the same. Do you know how much of a pain it is, with the current grindy system, to optimize for both activities? Well, if you are against bringing back cheap PvP gear, then you obviously do not know. You probably just go with one set and the same stat allocations for both. You flat out do not get it, much like the BW devs.

Is there any particular reason to believe that reintroduced PvP gear would be cheap? (Especially since they explicitly said they want gear progression in PvP.)

Is there any particular reason to believe that reintroduced PvP gear would be cheap? (Especially since they explicitly said they want gear progression in PvP.)

You're right, there is no guarantee of that. I'm just dreaming.

As much as I hate seeing undergeared people in pvp, I still don't want expertise back. I don't want to grind for two gear sets, and I don't want another set to take up space in my inventory or cargo.
I saw more undergeared people in PvP back when we had expertise. Players with PvE gear would have horrible stats.

Just bolster everyone to same stats, maybe little less for those who didn't bother to augment their gear, and that should solve the gear disparity issues, making only skill matter again.

I think bolster works well the way it is now. I like gear progression in PvP. Would get boring if we didn't have gear to work towards.

They can just make enhancements buyable with UC. One doesn't need expertise to solve this.

Edited by Neulwen

What I think needs to happen is for Augments to be removed from the Bolster calculation.

What happens is Bolster looks at your total stats and that includes Augments. So it you have 230 gear and augment it, Bolster thinks you have better gear and won’t Bolster you to 242. In most cases, having Augments on any gear that is below 242, will actually yield you worse stats than if you had no Augments equiped.

What should happen is Augments should not be included in that calculation so that people get bolstered to 242 gear lvl and they can add Augments ontop of that.

Currently, if you have 242 or higher gear, you will have better stats than bolstered gear. But you can then add Augments and have even higher stats. This causes a bigger gear discrepancy than if someone just has 230 (242 bolstered) to 248 gear because those in the 248 gear can add 236 Augments as well.

By removing Augments from the Bolster equation, the 242 (bolstered) people could also use 236 Augments and make it a lot fairer.

Edited by TrixxieTriss