Following Kreia's Teachings

jedimasterjac

Hello. I like to think I'm a pretty avid RP'er, but my knowledge of lore pretty much drops as far as Kreia's teachings. I found them captivating and would love to find some way to carry them over into RolePlay in Star Wars TOR. Is it possible, lore-wise, for my character to have knowledge of Kreia/Traya's teachings?

Thanks,

Krista

Most of Kreia's teaching are the same as Sith teaching.

Not really.

The Sith teach that the Force is a tool to be used by those powerful enough to bend it to their will.

Kreia's teachings are more about how the Force is not the tool, but it is in fact those using it that are the tools of the Force and that ultimately, the Force was master over any who wielded it, Jedi or Sith. This is both why she respected and even promoted self-sufficiency without needing the force (one of the few nice things she ever says to Atton Rand), and why she actually wanted to destroy the Force itself. To Kreia, the Force was a slave master, or a prison overseer. I even think she calls it a malevolent deity in the game.

Kreia wanting to destroy the Force is the main reason why Sion and Nihilius turn on her (besides the fact that they are sith and it's sort of a sithy thing to do)

The insane force hating part is different, but her attitude towards everything else is very similar. She tells the Exile that people need to struggle against one another to survive and to treat his or her friends as tools and nothing more. She also encourages to manipulate everyone on the worlds you visit to your advantage. The Sith instructors on Korriban in the first game tell you almost the same exact thing. Edited by OldVengeance

Not really.

The Sith teach that the Force is a tool to be used by those powerful enough to bend it to their will.

Kreia's teachings are more about how the Force is not the tool, but it is in fact those using it that are the tools of the Force and that ultimately, the Force was master over any who wielded it, Jedi or Sith.

Personally, I'd even go so far as coming to the conclusion that "THe Force" is in fact an meta-being. It's "living" and "breathing", so to say (in an rather figurative sense), but it is still soime kind of "meta-being".

But, it cannot be conceived by anything else that's in the galaxy, because of its massive "size" (remember : it's "meta").

I had come to this thought when I was thinking about how I think of the Christian God - which might be - in my eyes - only a facet of some kind of "meta-being" as well, which is creating in various people the belief of only one God in existence - or several of them.

The "meta-being" can only be perceived in parts - in a very similar fashion like the Elephant is perceived in the "Blind men and the Elephant" story : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blind_men_and_an_elephant

This leads - in Real Life regarding Gods in different Religions - and in the Star Wars universe regarding The Force - to people ONLY being able perceive merely PARTS or FACETS of it - but never ever the whole thing, because it is simply too "big".

To use this story as an example, it would be as if the Sith were only perceiving the ear of the Elephant, meanwhile Jedi would perceive its leg. For example.

I think that the Aing-Tii are something into that direction : They believe in The Force not being "black-white", but instead being far more complex : http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Aing-Tii

Hello. I like to think I'm a pretty avid RP'er, but my knowledge of lore pretty much drops as far as Kreia's teachings. I found them captivating and would love to find some way to carry them over into RolePlay in Star Wars TOR. Is it possible, lore-wise, for my character to have knowledge of Kreia/Traya's teachings?

Thanks,

Krista

Don't see why not....Kreia was a Jedi Master who trained at least a few Padawans, and Darth Traya ruled over many Sith acolytes etc. etc. etc.

Either as Empire or as Republic, Kreia's morally-ambivalent teachings could be found with some ease, if you knew where to look.

Kreia values the ability to step away from the Force/not rely on it and not allow it to control your life. She hates any notion of anything possbly determining the galaxy's fate other than the galaxy (and its inhabitants) themselves. Edited by Pietrastor