Would you vote for these changes?

DrIzzt-DoUrden

The old Power Barrier

Power Barrier

Power Shot and Tracer Missile have a [50 / 100]% chance to generate a Power Barrier that reduces damage taken by 1% for 15 seconds. Stacks up to 5 times.

The new Power Barrier

Power Barrier

Power Shot and Tracer Missile have a [50 / 100]% chance to generate a Power Barrier that reduces damage taken by 1% for 15 seconds. Stacks up to 5 times. Additionally, At 5 stacks you're immune to interrupts for the duration.

The old Fusion Missile

Fusion Missile

Activation: 1.5 secs

Heat: 33

Cooldown: 30s

Range: 30 m

Fires a fusion missile that detonates on contact, dealing 1314 - 1773 kinetic damage to up to 3 targets within 5 meters and searing all targets with radiation burns that deal 1944 additional elemental damage over 6 seconds. Standard and weak targets enter a state of panic from the flames.

The new Fusion Missile

Fusion Missile

Instant

Heat: 33

Cooldown: 30s

Fires a fusion missile that detonates on contact, dealing 1314 - 1773 kinetic damage to up to 3 targets within 5 meters and searing all targets with radiation burns that deal 1944 additional elemental damage over 6 seconds. Standard and weak targets enter a state of panic from the flames.

The old Muzzle Fluting

Muzzle Fluting

Reduces the activation time of Power Shot and Tracer Missile by 0.5 seconds.

The new Muzzle Fluting

Muzzle Fluting

Reduces the activation time of Power Shot, Concussion Missile and Tracer Missile by 0.5 seconds.

EDIT: Removed my Missile Blast idea, it was absurd. restored the Heat Generated by Fusion Missile back to 33 up from 16

Edited by DrIzzt-DoUrden

that new missile blast is absurdly OP

why? its not like its spammable, it has a long cooldown, and still compared to the aoe in this game... smash smash smash , its nothing.

also i would make tech override (dont know the equivalent on mercenary): - All your abilities with an activation time for the next 10 seconds activate instantly. as it is right now only one ability its just laughable at best, worst high lvl skill ever.

Edited by xxIncubixx

why? its not like its spammable, it has a long cooldown, and still compared to the aoe in this game... smash smash smash , its nothing.

also i would make tech override (dont know the equivalent on mercenary): - All your abilities with an activation time for the next 10 seconds activate instantly. as it is right now only one ability its just laughable at best, worst high lvl skill ever.

Er yeah it is spammable and low cost and examine what he did to the AOE damage:

The old Missile Blast

Missile Blast

Instant

Heat: 25

Deals 1535 - 1587 kinetic damage to the target and 198 - 233 additional kinetic damage to up to 3 nearby enemies in a 5-meter radius. If the primary target is a weak or standard enemy, it is knocked to the ground.

The new Missile Blast

Missile Blast

Instant

Heat: 16

Deals 1535 - 1587 kinetic damage to up to 3 nearby enemies in a 5-meter radius. If the primary target is a weak or standard enemy, it is knocked to the ground.

I tend to never knock anyone for positive ideas for Merc, our damage isn't the problem. Merc suvivability IS the problem. If missle blast kept its current stats BUT added to Tracer Missle lock, Power barrier and the rail shot thing, then that would be awesome. Its heat means it can't be spammed BUT it means it can be used for kiting to set up for HSM and Rail shot while moving, adding in some much needed mobility without adding damage and making it unbalanced for pve.

Also the Power Barrier idea is great. when we actually plant our feet and pop our CDs we should be able to unload a huge amount of damage so people know it was a bad idea to corner a merc =)

You want Fusion Missile to be the same epic AOE grenade it is right now but have no cast time and the cost of an Explosive Dart?

Wutwut?

I don't see a problem here. Maybe keep the heat generated by the ability at 33 but reducing the activation time to make it an Instant cast ability doesn't seem overpowered to me.

that new missile blast is absurdly OP

Agreed, It was a bad idea.

My theory with Missile Blast was to make it more like the Frag Grenade ability Imperial Agents get, but that ability does about half the damage to up to 5 targets in an 8 meter range. It also has a 6 second cooldown (3 second if talented)

In order to do this the whole Missile Blast ability would have to be redesigned and just simply doesn't seem necessary.

I tend to never knock anyone for positive ideas for Merc, our damage isn't the problem. Merc suvivability IS the problem. If missle blast kept its current stats BUT added to Tracer Missle lock, Power barrier and the rail shot thing, then that would be awesome. Its heat means it can't be spammed BUT it means it can be used for kiting to set up for HSM and Rail shot while moving, adding in some much needed mobility without adding damage and making it unbalanced for pve.

Also the Power Barrier idea is great. when we actually plant our feet and pop our CDs we should be able to unload a huge amount of damage so people know it was a bad idea to corner a merc =)

The Power Barrier thing to me seems like the only legit idea.

After reconsideration the entire post seems like a waste of time but I still like my Power Barrier idea.

Edited by DrIzzt-DoUrden

the power barrier idea would be good, but theres a simpler solution spec pyro, i both PVE and PVP so i just stuck with arsenal to save my self from re-speccing for each raid, but about a week ago just after i got full war hero i specced pyro to try it out and it is so so so so much better in pvp, while there have been people on the forums posting big numbers with arsenal the spec lacks a lot, and imo pyro is very good in pvp, while it lacks an equivalent to flame burst i find that i only ever use power shot a couple of times each wz and its only used if everything is on cooldown my heat is low and i need an extra railshot, otherwise running around rapid shotting is fine, people complain about how immobile mercs are but its only arsenal really, pyro is incredibly mobile the only thing you need to cast/channel is unload and on the odd occasion power shot, otherwise you just keep moving

imo its also a really fun spec to play

since i kind of went on a rant there i think what mercs do need is a ranged root, rocketpunch need the knockback back and we need something like a snipers legshot, and maybe make energy shield make us immune to interrupts (like in the healing tree but for all specs) the power barrier idea would mean we would always be immune to interrupts pretty much