Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Same gender relationships clarifications?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Same gender relationships clarifications?

Crezelle
04.19.2012 , 01:18 AM | #511
Quote: Originally Posted by natashina View Post
Ooh, that's another good one. I think Gault and my smuggler would also get along very well. They both can be amoral if needed, both of them crave adventure and a lot of credits.
what i'd love to see, is spectator mode companions react

Spoiler

mostly my agent and her crew would nitpick my BH on how she never managed to pick up on subtlety and eloquence like her mother and father, then she'd sneak off with kaleiyo for a rough night on the town, egging torian to try and keep up with them.
Crezelle De'Chimera, of the Shadowlands
" Secret Agent Blue Booty, at your service. You Lead the way; I bring the kolto. "

Zandilar
04.19.2012 , 06:14 AM | #512
Easy way to remember how to spell Kaliyo's name...

Kali, yo!
Zandilar, an Australian, IN SPAAAAAAAACCCCEEEEE!!
Too many characters, most of them Chiss.

chimex
04.19.2012 , 06:25 AM | #513
Been waiting for this since they said it would be on release. I understand they were perhaps not ready for it at that point due to voice overs etc, that's fine (well, not really, feels a bit like we got put on the back burner as a lesser priority of what is, a major game aspect).

I would really like to know when same gender relationships will be introduced. We've been waiting for a while now and we have yet to hear much news on this subject. I do beleive a Q and A was given at a summit that they plan to introduce it this year, but being only 1/3 through 2012, that's not alot to go on.

I sincerely hope they shed some more light on this. They originally agreed it would be in launch and that has not happened. Many people who are looking for same gender romance arcs have been patient on this subject, but the overall feeling is that we have had the rug pulled from our feet a little on this topic. I think some clarification on what their plans to impliment this are, would go a long way to letting us know that BW are taking this matter seriously. It could be a more defined timescale, plan on current/future companions or if you flag your character as either straight/bi/gay/lesbian.

As I said, some nugget of information will really help us not feel left in the dark on this topic.

Thankyou

xXx
The Progenitor (RP): Shazmi:<Crimson Moon>

MusedMoose
04.19.2012 , 06:49 AM | #514
Quote: Originally Posted by chimex View Post
Been waiting for this since they said it would be on release. I understand they were perhaps not ready for it at that point due to voice overs etc, that's fine (well, not really, feels a bit like we got put on the back burner as a lesser priority of what is, a major game aspect).

I would really like to know when same gender relationships will be introduced. We've been waiting for a while now and we have yet to hear much news on this subject. I do beleive a Q and A was given at a summit that they plan to introduce it this year, but being only 1/3 through 2012, that's not alot to go on.

I sincerely hope they shed some more light on this. They originally agreed it would be in launch and that has not happened. Many people who are looking for same gender romance arcs have been patient on this subject, but the overall feeling is that we have had the rug pulled from our feet a little on this topic. I think some clarification on what their plans to impliment this are, would go a long way to letting us know that BW are taking this matter seriously. It could be a more defined timescale, plan on current/future companions or if you flag your character as either straight/bi/gay/lesbian.

As I said, some nugget of information will really help us not feel left in the dark on this topic.

Thankyou

xXx
Welcome to the thread! I hate to say it, but I think you might have been misinformed - I don't know that BioWare ever said SGRs would be in on release, the earliest quote I know of is the one that said they'd be a post-launch feature. Take a look at the video from the Guild Summit, it's linked on page 25 of this thread; that's where BW talks about the upcoming SGRs. We do know we're getting them this year. BW's only other word has been that they're not talking about SGRs until they're done, which I think is a good thing, even if it tries our patience a little.

Also, take a look at some of the posts further down on the first page, they have all the relevant quotes from BioWare on the matter.

natashina
04.19.2012 , 07:30 AM | #515
Quote: Originally Posted by chimex View Post

Thankyou

xXx
I'll be updating the FAQ on page 1 as soon as we get more concrete info. In any case, welcome to the thread! Who would you like to have a SGR with? For myself, I've got my Chiss IA rolled up and sitting at level 1 just for that. Oh and I wish Kira was available as a SGR, but I suppose my male JK will do for the time being.

farfromnear
04.19.2012 , 03:04 PM | #516
it amazes me that there are 4 threads that have basically hit 1000 replies and nothing of a timetable has been given on this subject.

I know everyone is busy there but lip service from customer service makes people leave games it always has it always will. There is so much potential for this game I am just sad that these things have not been unlocked even if it is a cheesy unlock .. get it done son!
My great concern is not whether you have failed, but whether you are content with your failure .... Abraham Lincoln

Lurkz
04.19.2012 , 03:22 PM | #517
Quote: Originally Posted by farfromnear View Post
it amazes me that there are 4 threads that have basically hit 1000 replies and nothing of a timetable has been given on this subject.

I know everyone is busy there but lip service from customer service makes people leave games it always has it always will. There is so much potential for this game I am just sad that these things have not been unlocked even if it is a cheesy unlock .. get it done son!
There is a timetable. It's coming this year with further story content. It's very doubtful they'll give us a better time frame until rather close to that patch release.
The Nightborn Legacy - Ebon Hawk - Aquillian Rangers
Captain Jaxx - Gunslinger || Caiden - Jedi Sentinel

...Holospectrum...

Captain_Zone
04.19.2012 , 03:40 PM | #518
Quote: Originally Posted by farfromnear View Post

Time Table: Before the end of the year.

Then it's femAgent/ Raina Temple knockin' boots and gettin' jiggy wit' it!

Also, femKnight/Kira, femHunter/Mako, femTrooper/Elara, femWarrior/Vette or Jaesa, etc. You get the idea.
. OPOD
The New Jedi Code: "Keep Calm & Carry a Lightsaber"

stuffystuffs
04.19.2012 , 04:41 PM | #519
Quote: Originally Posted by Captain_Zone View Post
Also, femKnight/Kira, femHunter/Mako, femTrooper/Elara, femWarrior/Vette or Jaesa, etc. You get the idea.
I doubt we'll get all of them...would be nice though.

vanyelsf
04.19.2012 , 04:43 PM | #520
Quote: Originally Posted by Captain_Zone View Post
Time Table: Before the end of the year.

Then it's femAgent/ Raina Temple knockin' boots and gettin' jiggy wit' it!

I seriously admire your enthusiasm and optimism, but while I'm excited about them, I'm depressed because they just won't tell us who they are planning them for . I'm extremely discourged, I just want a small word from them saying "yes we're planning to instate sgr for Torian" Then I'd dance for joy...