January 26 - Producer Livestream

EricMusco

• Dev Post

Hey folks,

Today we will be hosting the next Producer Livestream. The current plan is to briefly recap what was released in GU 5.1 and then talk about the content coming with the next Update, GU 5.2. As a reminder this includes content such as story, returning companions, group content (like Operations), and more. Here is the info:

Thursday, 1/26

2PM Pacific, 4PM Central

http://www.twitch.tv/swtor

Thanks everyone, we will see you there.

-eric

Edited by EricMusco

[...] the content coming with the next Update, GU 5.2 As a reminder this includes content such as story, returning companions, group content (like Operations), and more.

Wait, did you just confirm there will be new Operations with 5.2? :confused:

You are really setting expectations very high for the stream, I hope you will not disappoint. :tran_default:

Edited by Jerba

Wait, did you just confirm there will be new Operations with 5.2? :confused:

You are really setting expectations very high for the stream, I hope you will not disappoint. :tran_default:

They did not confirm it. They said they are talking about group content LIKE Operations (proooobably meaning "we'll be talking about Operations in general, we know you guys want them, perhaps we'll share a few plans for them").

Just saying that so you (not you, Jerba, specifically, but "you" the player base in general) don't go screaming bloody murder if/when they say "Operations are coming at X date/are not coming until X date/if at all" or whatnot.

They did not confirm it. They said they are talking about group content LIKE Operations (proooobably meaning "we'll be talking about Operations in general, we know you guys want them, perhaps we'll share a few plans for them").

Just saying that so you (not you, Jerba, specifically, but "you" the player base in general) don't go screaming bloody murder if/when they say "Operations are coming at X date/are not coming until X date/if at all" or whatnot.

Yeah, when he first mentioned Operations last week I thought the same, that it was just an example of what BioWare considers to be group content. But then the Oricon post and now this one has me confused. We'll know for certain in two hours.

Edited by Jerba

Yeah, when he first mentioned Operations last week I thought the same, that it was just an example of what BioWare considers to be group content. But then the Oricon post and now this one has me confused. We'll know for certain in two hours.

Waaaait, what post about Oricon? I think I missed that one...

Anyway, yeah. I really do hope new Operations are coming - I personally am not interested in Operations, but to all the people who are, it's more than fair they get what they want in this game.

Lets get some predictions out the way.

Start of recaping how you get gear through ops and pvp in 5.1 - I.e. the same thing they went through in the Stream in December and January, that there are multiple posts on the forums about and you can actually experience in game if you can be bothered. However for some reason a 30 min stream is the best place to explain this.

Perhaps a little bit on PvP bolster, ignoring that class balance is horrible and made all the worse in that there is no meaningful open world pvp so everything is 4v4 or 8v8 where class balance is a massive issue. Then a touch of Master mode chapters, which haven't be balanced for all classes/specs and not surprisingly have mostly been ignored cause its just not much fun.

Next up an admission that they have seen feedback on the gearing and rng and all that but are going to wait to see how the changes in 5.1 play out before they make any changes. But they totally agree its not very alt friendly.

Next up possibly a mention on server status, bit of an outside bet but I think it has to be addressed. Rather than do anything about this they will keep the price of transfers cheap so you can opt to move yourself (losing any of the things that don't transfer), in a sick waiting game where the devs wait for your server to be so bad its better to lose your guild than it is to keep trying to play on a waste land.

Almost certainly something from Charles about how they want to bring companions back but have to find the right way to do it. Coming in 5.2 a non basic speaking companion will be returning (must admit I think they brought most back with alerts so possible Khem Val).

Then onto the future content, they have complete heard what people have been asking for, so there will be 8 man uprisings which will be tactical. Thats right tactical Operations! So you can get 8 dps having a bloody hard time of it. What they wont offer is making the current uprisings 3 + a companion as this would be admitting they were never balanced for 4 mdps.

Then they will recap and be super excited that 5.2 will bring 8 man uprisings!

is the 230-236 piece not working with the venders for tradin not work with most of them gona be fixed? some work alot dont,

The vender is also missing Devastating vengeance relics

Shouldn't be using that relic anyway, Serendipitous Assault and Focused Retribution are overall better as the proc on DV is too low compared to the others.

Lets get some predictions out the way.

Start of recaping how you get gear through ops and pvp in 5.1 - I.e. the same thing they went through in the Stream in December and January, that there are multiple posts on the forums about and you can actually experience in game if you can be bothered. However for some reason a 30 min stream is the best place to explain this.

Perhaps a little bit on PvP bolster, ignoring that class balance is horrible and made all the worse in that there is no meaningful open world pvp so everything is 4v4 or 8v8 where class balance is a massive issue. Then a touch of Master mode chapters, which haven't be balanced for all classes/specs and not surprisingly have mostly been ignored cause its just not much fun.

Next up an admission that they have seen feedback on the gearing and rng and all that but are going to wait to see how the changes in 5.1 play out before they make any changes. But they totally agree its not very alt friendly.

Next up possibly a mention on server status, bit of an outside bet but I think it has to be addressed. Rather than do anything about this they will keep the price of transfers cheap so you can opt to move yourself (losing any of the things that don't transfer), in a sick waiting game where the devs wait for your server to be so bad its better to lose your guild than it is to keep trying to play on a waste land.

Almost certainly something from Charles about how they want to bring companions back but have to find the right way to do it. Coming in 5.2 a non basic speaking companion will be returning (must admit I think they brought most back with alerts so possible Khem Val).

Then onto the future content, they have complete heard what people have been asking for, so there will be 8 man uprisings which will be tactical. Thats right tactical Operations! So you can get 8 dps having a bloody hard time of it. What they wont offer is making the current uprisings 3 + a companion as this would be admitting they were never balanced for 4 mdps.

Then they will recap and be super excited that 5.2 will bring 8 man uprisings!

The sad thing is I think you will be absolutely correct....

@EricMusco When are you planning to buff Operative Healers? Did you notice that we're dying in the game?

There are 2 choices, buff Operative Healer or nerf Sorceress to make Ranked Warzones more interesting and balanced of course.

@EricMusco When are you planning to buff Operative Healers? Did you notice that we're dying in the game?

There are 2 choices, buff Operative Healer or nerf Sorceress to make Ranked Warzones more interesting and balanced of course.

Do you play a Sorc healer? I've merc healed, Op healed and Sorc healed in 5.0 and Sorc healing is most certainly not significantly better than Op healing. Heck, my Sorc was way less bursty than my Op which made the Op the better healed for Ranked fights with high enemy dps.

Edited by AshlaBoga

Do you play a Sorc healer? I've merc healed, Op healed and Sorc healed in 5.0 and Sorc healing is most certainly not significantly better than Op healing. Heck, my Sorc was way less bursty than my Op which made the Op the better healed for Ranked fights with high enemy dps.

Operative Healer is this:

HPS is strongly affected by how you manage HoTs.

Weak single target burst healing.

Only healing class without damage reduction while stunned.

Only healing class without Interrupt immunity.

Sorceress has everything to survive against 3v1, Operative doesn't.

EDIT: I will not make a discussion about this. You can accept it or not.

Edited by SamuDabu

Operative Healer is this:

HPS is strongly affected by how you manage HoTs.

Weak single target burst healing.

Only healing class without damage reduction while stunned.

Only healing class without Interrupt immunity.

Sorceress has everything to survive against 3v1, Operative doesn't.

EDIT: I will not make a discussion about this. You can accept it or not.

Only healing class with stealth and more stuns/interrupts than the other two healing classes combined. Deal with it.

I feel sorry for them on this.. because no matter what they do or say, or don't do or don't say, they are going to get crucified by some players in this forum.

Retribution seems to be the order of the day for those who do not like the game.

Edited by Andryah