Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Class Stories (personal opinion from what I played so far)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Class Stories (personal opinion from what I played so far)

KelKrios's Avatar


KelKrios
02.01.2019 , 04:09 PM | #1
So, just wondering if Iím weird. So far I completed ds trooper, ls trooper, ls sw, ls smuggler, ls counsular and ls bounty hunter. My favorite by the largest margin is BH. I feel like the story was grounded enough for me to truly get behind. While SW, touted as one of the best stories in the game, felt kinda weak. Besides kinda wanting to kill the main villain, I truly didnít feel any drive from my character to do anything. Most of the dialog options I picked were ďwhy do I care?Ē Donít get me wrong, I think the voice acting is quite nice. Snarky jokes were funny too. But as far as story went.... didnít care.

Reason for post is that I am going to play other classes to finish their story lines. I have inquisitor, Agent and Knight left. Very curious what your guys opinion on the drive of the main character in those stories. Thinking of doing JK next but donít want to rehash the same scenario I had with SW

SteveTheCynic's Avatar


SteveTheCynic
02.02.2019 , 07:47 AM | #2
If you're like me, you'll end up wondering why your character no longer has his brain installed at the beginning of JK Chapter 2. Almost the entirety of JK Chapter 2 is blindly fatuous optimism and blatant gross stupidity, on the part of *all* participants, from the JK himself all the way up to Grand Master of the Jedi Order Satele Shan.
http://www.swtor.com/r/Hg3sV2
To go to Belsavis, you must go to Belsavis.
> @"Biff.5312" said:
> Exercise your whimsy.

Ardrossan's Avatar


Ardrossan
02.02.2019 , 04:40 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by SteveTheCynic View Post
If you're like me, you'll end up wondering why your character no longer has his brain installed at the beginning of JK Chapter 2. Almost the entirety of JK Chapter 2 is blindly fatuous optimism and blatant gross stupidity, on the part of *all* participants, from the JK himself all the way up to Grand Master of the Jedi Order Satele Shan.
The JK at least can be skeptical that this is a good idea.

I think it's intended to be reminiscent of K1, where the Jedi sent a strike force to CAPTURE Revan on his flagship. As it already happened by the time the game starts, it's a bit hard to appreciate how strange that mission would be - or how easily it could go off the rails - until you do JK Act 2.

irrevelant's Avatar


irrevelant
02.06.2019 , 07:26 AM | #4
I liked Consular's story missed certain stuff as well.

Chapter 1: The shielding ritual is teachable. It took hours, and not years to learn it. Why not teach a bunch of jedi on Corsucant before depart. In a few weeks every single jedi can perform it, and the main character will be forced to used only once, or twice. Why place everything on one card, when there is an alternative?

Chapter 2: Why can't we save the Emperors Children? Or at least some of them.

For Smuggler the only real problem is Chapter 1. And maybe a bit of the prologe.

Prologe: Skavak steals your ship rather easily. Why we must go out and destroy those AA guns? Let the others handle it. I got a ship to protect. Why no defense mechanism inside the ship. I mean we aren't exactly full honest citizens, and should expect this possibility.

Chapter 1: We instantly trust Risha, and her plans. Why exactly? I wouldn't left her on the ship alone for a single moment while doing all those tasks. Maybe once she proven trustworthy, but not before. Or perhaps i would have thrown her out in the first spaceport.

catsi's Avatar


catsi
02.06.2019 , 02:37 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by irrevelant View Post
I liked Consular's story missed certain stuff as well.

Chapter 1: The shielding ritual is teachable. It took hours, and not years to learn it. Why not teach a bunch of jedi on Corsucant before depart. In a few weeks every single jedi can perform it, and the main character will be forced to used only once, or twice. Why place everything on one card, when there is an alternative?

Chapter 2: Why can't we save the Emperors Children? Or at least some of them.

For Smuggler the only real problem is Chapter 1. And maybe a bit of the prologe.

Prologe: Skavak steals your ship rather easily. Why we must go out and destroy those AA guns? Let the others handle it. I got a ship to protect. Why no defense mechanism inside the ship. I mean we aren't exactly full honest citizens, and should expect this possibility.

Chapter 1: We instantly trust Risha, and her plans. Why exactly? I wouldn't left her on the ship alone for a single moment while doing all those tasks. Maybe once she proven trustworthy, but not before. Or perhaps i would have thrown her out in the first spaceport.
the ritual isn't that easy to learn first off, second off the Consular is described as one of the brightest jedi with one of the most powerful connections to the force in generations. also the ritual is dangerous and draining even to such a powerful jedi so it would almost certainly injure or even kill a lesser force user who tried it.

you do try to save the children on several occasions the issue is they don't want to be saved and thus leave you with little choice

what type of defense mechanism are you talking about? electric seats? a whoopy cushion? any system of that nature can be hacked and tuned against you. also you destroy the AA guns because theyre keeping you grounded and you cant wait for someone else to do it because seperatists are advancing on the base at the time and republic security was busy dealing with them all over the place

also dirty kicking skavik to end the fight with him never gets old

As for risha you don't trust her but the smuggler is a fairly cocky individual and a bit full of themselves so they figure if she tries anything youll figure it out and chase her down as wlel plsu she needs you as much as you need her,
Ana Tathis 70 JK, Serraphin 70 COM/VG, Naashasa 70 Sage, Calliann, 70 GS, Kae'ra 70JK, Phyera 70 Sage
Rhea-hawk 70 PT, Gaa'ra 70 Mara, Fio'on 70 AS/Sorc , Mirri'elle 70 OP, Narayssa 70 Jug

irrevelant's Avatar


irrevelant
02.07.2019 , 03:36 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by catsi View Post
the ritual isn't that easy to learn first off, second off the Consular is described as one of the brightest jedi with one of the most powerful connections to the force in generations. also the ritual is dangerous and draining even to such a powerful jedi so it would almost certainly injure or even kill a lesser force user who tried it.

you do try to save the children on several occasions the issue is they don't want to be saved and thus leave you with little choice

what type of defense mechanism are you talking about? electric seats? a whoopy cushion? any system of that nature can be hacked and tuned against you. also you destroy the AA guns because theyre keeping you grounded and you cant wait for someone else to do it because seperatists are advancing on the base at the time and republic security was busy dealing with them all over the place

also dirty kicking skavik to end the fight with him never gets old

As for risha you don't trust her but the smuggler is a fairly cocky individual and a bit full of themselves so they figure if she tries anything youll figure it out and chase her down as wlel plsu she needs you as much as you need her,
There is a difference between what can you learn, and what you have enough power for. There are a bunch of powerful, and very trained jedi in the order. Learning the ritual should be far from impossible to the masters, and using it once shouldn't be impossible either. You are powerful, but not the Emperor's equal. Not yet at least.

You still can capture them, and let the rest of the masters do their best to save them. For one instance the woman on Voss.

Even just real life's today's technology i could create a defense system in a car, that KILLS any would be thief. In SW the technology is even greater. For me it would look like this:

First real console right on the bridge's side with regular closed door.

Second Real console inside the floor in the kitchen. (does not control the door you need the door console for that)

Fake consoles all over the ship behind secret panels. All of them connected to a fake security system to mimic as if it were real.

Inside a row of laser detector, a movement detector, and touch detection on the service panels. Triggering any of these creates an energy shield on the entrace, locks down all system physically, and gas the whole chamber, and shoots 20 sleeping darts from all directions. If i want to go inside, then i have to deactivate security on real console, then open door from the door console.

Now if someone has small experience, then he would simply use the obvious door, and get caught.

A more experienced would search for other consoles, and when finds the first console he believes, that security is off, and get caught.

A super experienced would search the ship for all consoles, and deactivate all of them, but that takes few to several hours. The point of a strong defense system is not being impossible to hack. Such thing does not exist. The point is making the process LONG. So long, that someone walks in before you finish it.

For the AA guns. We got Skavak and Corso who got nothing extra in that hangar. At least nothing they can't take with them. Why can't they go and disable the AA guns? But okay separatist might overrun us. Still a criminal should be able to create a defense system, that takes hours to hack through instead of minutes.

As for Risha. I wouldn't trust her to leave on the ship during the missions. My ship just got stolen, and i wouldn't risk to be stolen again. That means i would get a better security, and leave Corso on the ship to protect it. After Ord Mantel, and Cosucant we can consider him trusted. Risha comes on missions, because she can't be trusted yet, and if she doesn't like it, then i throw her out.

Ardrossan's Avatar


Ardrossan
02.07.2019 , 08:34 AM | #7
There is a choice just after meeting Risha to suggest throwing her off the ship. I forget what she says in response, but Corso has a pretty negative reaction to it - even though he doesn't like Risha - and would probably fight you if you were able to go through with it. Then you'd have no crew [though killing Corso and Risha would certainly make up for it, on some playstyles].

The OOC reason you can't kick Risha is because she's one of the five companions and you can't kick any of them off.