Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Chiss specific dialogue.

JediAkemi
11.11.2016 , 12:36 PM | #11
I have a Mirialan male and a Twi'lek female smuggler... due to being creeped out by Corso, I've made much more actual progress on my male.

SithKoriandr
11.11.2016 , 02:00 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by JediAkemi View Post
I have a Mirialan male and a Twi'lek female smuggler... due to being creeped out by Corso, I've made much more actual progress on my male.
It's been admitted that Corso was last minute LI, as the story was written for a male smuggler. My guess on Mirialan, is that's the only way the Chiss comment makes any sense imo. "Wait, aren't they blue." Makes more sense to me, if one was Mirialan, than a human or twi'lek (everyone knows what a twi'lek is).
"It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more...than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so *********** what." - Stephen Fry

Methylium
11.11.2016 , 04:20 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by SithKoriandr View Post
It's been admitted that Corso was last minute LI, as the story was written for a male smuggler. My guess on Mirialan, is that's the only way the Chiss comment makes any sense imo. "Wait, aren't they blue." Makes more sense to me, if one was Mirialan, than a human or twi'lek (everyone knows what a twi'lek is).
You had very specific races you could choose from at launch. Can't remember those anymore, but I assume a Chiss couldn't be a smuggler. Anyway. Now you can play every class with every race and sometimes it doesn't make sense lorewise or even with those storylines here. But this is one of the things they wont change I suppose.

SithKoriandr
11.11.2016 , 06:36 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Methylium View Post
You had very specific races you could choose from at launch. Can't remember those anymore, but I assume a Chiss couldn't be a smuggler. Anyway. Now you can play every class with every race and sometimes it doesn't make sense lorewise or even with those storylines here. But this is one of the things they wont change I suppose.
That I know It also helps a bit in figuring which was likely the right race/gender.
"It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more...than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so *********** what." - Stephen Fry

Knights_of_Ren
09.06.2018 , 05:17 PM | #15
Is there any recognition for being a Chiss on the Republic side? I would hope there is, given Chiss are normally allied with the imperials and itd be pretty unique for a Chiss to be an important member of the Republic.

SteveTheCynic
09.07.2018 , 12:44 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Knights_of_Ren View Post
Is there any recognition for being a Chiss on the Republic side? I would hope there is, given Chiss are normally allied with the imperials and itd be pretty unique for a Chiss to be an important member of the Republic.
There isn't, because in the game's original design, no Republic class could ever be Chiss. That didn't become possible until the introduction of legacies, some time after release. (Cathar, being generally a post-release thing, have the same problem, but *everywhere*. Cathar troopers and smugglers who take the "Stolen Medicines" mission on Ord Mantell will be treated to a lecture about what Cathar are, as if they themselves aren't one, to cite just one example.)
http://www.swtor.com/r/Hg3sV2
To go to Belsavis, you must go to Belsavis.
> @"Biff.5312" said:
> Exercise your whimsy.

Nefla
09.07.2018 , 06:33 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by SteveTheCynic View Post
There isn't, because in the game's original design, no Republic class could ever be Chiss. That didn't become possible until the introduction of legacies, some time after release. (Cathar, being generally a post-release thing, have the same problem, but *everywhere*. Cathar troopers and smugglers who take the "Stolen Medicines" mission on Ord Mantell will be treated to a lecture about what Cathar are, as if they themselves aren't one, to cite just one example.)
Jorgan telling my female Cathar who romanced him that they wouldn't be able to have kids because she wasn't a Cathar was especially special lol

Corlyna
02.03.2019 , 12:12 AM | #18
Atm I'm doing a whole Server Legacy full of Chiss in every Class so will Keep updated.

First instance: Lihn in Nemro's Palace called me her "Chiss Friend" as she gave me a mission to go see the trainer.
Special note: Even tho my Chiss is male, she had me role play her friend as she would a female. With Human males, she role plays the ex girlfriend. Didn't know my dear friend was so racist

Ardrossan
02.03.2019 , 03:04 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Nefla View Post
Jorgan telling my female Cathar who romanced him that they wouldn't be able to have kids because she wasn't a Cathar was especially special lol
This is the reason I've never made a Cathar Trooper.

SteveTheCynic
02.04.2019 , 02:59 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Ardrossan View Post
This is the reason I've never made a Cathar Trooper.
Cathar male trooper wouldn't have that problem, but would have oddities with the Elara romance.
http://www.swtor.com/r/Hg3sV2
To go to Belsavis, you must go to Belsavis.
> @"Biff.5312" said:
> Exercise your whimsy.