Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Chiss specific dialogue.

ForjKlahaa
11.08.2016 , 12:06 AM | #1
So I finally made a Chiss agent a month or so ago to unlock the species while I was doing DvL but I deleted her when she got to 50 because I was also trying out the Sniper AC and I hated it.

Anyway, now I've made another Chiss agent (a guy this time) and I wanted to know if anyone can remember quests where you get specific Chiss dialogue. I was surprised talking to Kaliyo that I was able to talk about my specific species and not just get the generic alien dialogue and when I was on Balmorra and picked up the quest in Sobrik to hide something from the Chiss, there was species specific dialogue again.

Obviously I'm not going to do every quest in the game but if there are any that anyone remembers, I'd be grateful if you could let me know so I don't miss them. Obviously I'll keep an eye out for Chiss quest givers and such and I remember that guy on Hoth who might have something to say but I never got that far with my last agent.

Thanks if you can help.
Thinking about signing up or coming back?

Click here to make the most of it with in-game rewards. I look forward to seeing you around the galaxy

TalonVII
11.08.2016 , 06:26 AM | #2
When talking to watcher 2 it comes up a few times and ofcourse on Hoth talking to the chis soldiers there. Other than that, can't remember where.
Pretty, so what do we blow up first? -Wraith Squadron Motto
Ebon Hawk
Skiratta Legacy

SerraShar
11.08.2016 , 04:04 PM | #3
what the post above said , also..if I recall there is one side quest on Balmorra . Where the guy who give you the quest about cleaning a mess . And you can mention that you are a chiss . The guy is near the Taxi .
Balance in All Things
Andraste and the Maker want you to click referral linkhttp://www.swtor.com/r/fsSTHy
You know, if I could click you, you wouldn’t know a moment’s peace!

lcharas
11.08.2016 , 04:18 PM | #4
During your class story on Voss you may recount your past as an operative for the Csillian Secret Police.
Hoth is nice as an imperial player. Playing a republic Chiss however, is laughable. When my Chiss Jedi reached Hoth, the locals told her Chiss were blue people with red eyes. I sat there like "You don't say"
Please call repeatable 8m pve content operations.

4.0 HM Solo Flashpoints @Youtube

Limariko
11.08.2016 , 05:19 PM | #5
From what I remember from playing my Chiss Agent and a Chiss Bounty Hunter, the majority of the Chiss specific dialog was on Hoth with the Agent receiving significantly more because of storyline. Outside of that it seemed more getting either the generic alien mentions or nothing at all.
My Referral link for the clicking: http://www.swtor.com/r/p2FZFM

You get stuff, I get stuff. It's a fair deal- Take It!

ForjKlahaa
11.09.2016 , 05:30 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by lcharas View Post
During your class story on Voss you may recount your past as an operative for the Csillian Secret Police.
Hoth is nice as an imperial player. Playing a republic Chiss however, is laughable. When my Chiss Jedi reached Hoth, the locals told her Chiss were blue people with red eyes. I sat there like "You don't say"
Thanks for this.I thought there might be something to it because the whole story revolved around the Chiss officer proving his worth among the humans but I'd only ever played it though on human characters before (although I always recommend him for the promotion).

On of the reasons I never bothered playing most aliens was because the game only seemed to mention "You're an alien" and that's all there was to it. So I never felt the urge to RP most races unless I really liked how they looked. A while back I made Twi'lek assassin and I can't remember how far it was into the story but it was someone talking about my rise to power and they said "A Twi'lek slave!" and I was really taken back because it was the first time I'd heard my actual species being brought up. I'm guessing that there must be more content for the starter aliens that you don't have to unlock but I'm not sure which ones are which because they are all unlocked for me now. Also I think I read somewhere that there were restrictions on non-subs as well so there was only one starter alien per class (which is probably the species with most content).

As for the Chiss Jedi, I think I read that they still have a romance line with Aric where he says he doesn't feel he can be with a non-cathar even if you are a cathar. I really wish there were more opportunities to talk about your species and non-sensical dialogue like this could be changed even if they just omitted a few lines.
Thinking about signing up or coming back?

Click here to make the most of it with in-game rewards. I look forward to seeing you around the galaxy

JediAkemi
11.09.2016 , 06:53 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by lcharas View Post
And that mission where a Chiss is trying to defect and you (even as a Chiss) still have the option to call your own kind "The Imperial blue guys"

SithKoriandr
11.09.2016 , 06:39 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by JediAkemi View Post
And that mission where a Chiss is trying to defect and you (even as a Chiss) still have the option to call your own kind "The Imperial blue guys"
Unless they fixed it, Smuggler Chiss has something like that as well.
"It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more...than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so *********** what." - Stephen Fry

JediAkemi
11.10.2016 , 11:40 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by SithKoriandr View Post
Unless they fixed it, Smuggler Chiss has something like that as well.
Infiltrating the treasure ship over Nar Shaddaa? The Imperal guy says he's expecting a Chiss and remarks that you don't look like a Chiss, even if you are one, or so I'm told.

SithKoriandr
11.11.2016 , 10:08 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by JediAkemi View Post
Infiltrating the treasure ship over Nar Shaddaa? The Imperal guy says he's expecting a Chiss and remarks that you don't look like a Chiss, even if you are one, or so I'm told.
He did with my Chiss Smuggler. It's also that mission that made me realize, Mirialan (male at that) had to be the canon race for the class.
"It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more...than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so *********** what." - Stephen Fry