Angry previous swtor player unsubbing now.

Lickshadow

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. Devs release an expansion barely a month ago
  2. Expansion includes an alliance system that has more replayable content than any of the other expansions
  3. Devs announce that within a few months, we will be getting content updates every single month...providing new storylines, gear, companions, crafting levels, and potentially more
  4. Devs announce a subscriber rewards program to give players who stay subscribed unique opportunities, as a "thank you" for supporting the game
  5. Devs make all of this available to subscribers for FREE, while other MMOs charge up to $60 for expansions with far less content, and far less content updates
  6. People on the forums still find a way to complain and show their overwhelming sense of self-entitlement

includes an alliance system that has more replayable content than any of the other expansions

There's a big difference between unnecessary grind that has missions that can be done repeatedly and content that is "replayable" in the sense that it is actually enjoyable to do so.

1. Devs make all of this available to subscribers for FREE, while other MMOs charge up to $60 for expansions with far less content, and far less content updates

If you are seriously comparing Fallen Empire to a paid expansion in other games, I'm going to have to sit here and laugh at you. An expansion in WoW would typically include at least six 5-man instances, numerous world bosses including a couple of raid-level ones, 4+ raids, several daily hubs and an entirely new continent to explore, most of which is available at the launch of the expansion with some of it being introduced in patches.

The only other MMO I play that has a f2p option is DCUO. Each DLC has ALWAYS been free to subs (unlike Rise of the Hutt Cartel and Shadows of Revan) and even the new monthly episodes include more content than Fallen Empire has so far. Every three months, they introduce two 8-man operations (one of them with an Elite version), two duos, a four-man alert (with an Elite version) and a piece of solo content. Compare that with what SWTOR has introduced in the last year.

At least the story is interesting the first couple of times we play through it, right?

Devs release an expansion barely a month ago

It was really short though . Thats not an expansion . I played it on Sith Sorc , Sith Warrior and Jedi consular and was done in 1day . 2 Light side and 1 Dark Side , choices weren't that differents or cutscene between my LS Consular and my Sith Warrior .

Expansion includes an alliance system that has more replayable content than any of the other expansions

Grinding Heroic isn't replayable content . It just Grind . Boring Grind at that .

Devs announce that within a few months, we will be getting content updates every single month...providing new storylines, gear, companions, crafting levels, and potentially more

Meanwhile peoples have nothing to do though . It's a fact .

Devs announce a subscriber rewards program to give players who stay subscribed unique opportunities, as a "thank you" for supporting the game

They have an unhealthy obsession with Droids in this game , make you almost wonder if one of the Dev is AI or something .

Devs make all of this available to subscribers for FREE, while other MMOs charge up to $60 for expansions with far less content, and far less content updates

Not really free . Peoples are paying for this content . Preferred are Paying for this as well and getting Limitation while our money is paid in full no less .

People on the forums still find a way to complain and show their overwhelming sense of self-entitlement

Not self entitlement . Just aware that EA is using the old tactic 'Give little and Milk as much as you can' . From day 1 they screw up . The whole system is based on frustration and fan base that defend a crappy system . It is so not healthy .

2. Expansion includes an alliance system that has more replayable content than any of the other expansions

you mean those old heroics that were in game since launch? or flashpoints and ops, some of which have been in game since launch, and newest being at least a year old? or a single shortish quasi flashpoint?

With no new group content on the horizon.

It is reasonable for people to leave if the game is not producing content that they find enjoyable. Hopefully they will still want to come back when the game does release stuff they find fun. And hopefully another game does not take them away forever in the mean time.

Been subbed on star wars the old repulic sense launch.. unsubbing now because of lack of content updates.. or should i say no content update what so ever... I'am sure that people share the same thoughts as me.. Anyhow thanks for my time Bioware.

obvious troll... don't bother with him

Everyone who keeps banging on about 'no content' actually means 'no group content.'

At what point did you realise swtor wasn't that sort of mmo?

Well, flash points and operations have been available sense launch so i would say they realized it shortly after 4.0....

And they aren't available now?

Well yeah they are but if you are a raider, you haven't seen any new content sense December 2014 a whole year of doing the same old raid gets old after a while. And some are afraid that we might not see a new raid until August. So it is reasonable to unsub until they come back, and hopefully soon.

As a founder I have unsubbed for the first time ever. The reason wasn't so much to do with lack of content but rather they managed to foul up my main's (A Sage) storyline with the new content. HK and Treek stopped talking to my character and that issue went ignored for a month. So I figured "Meh, its okay I'll just start KotFE." But then it did not acknowledge my characters romance with Nadia. And despite multiple threads on the subject, including one that is over 45 pages, 500 posts long, there has been NO acknowledgement from Bioware that the know of the bug or are working on a fix. You'd figure after TEN pages, the devs would say SOMETHING!

Still, while I am mainly in it for the storyline, lack of any PVP content, New Operations, or GSF I can really see why people say Bioware is simply not delivering.

3. Devs announce that within a few months, we will be getting content updates every single month...providing new storylines, gear, companions, crafting levels, and potentially more
  4. Devs announce a subscriber rewards program to give players who stay subscribed unique opportunities, as a "thank you" for supporting the game
  5. Devs make all of this available to subscribers for FREE, while other MMOs charge up to $60 for expansions with far less content, and far less content updates
  6. People on the forums still find a way to complain and show their overwhelming sense of self-entitlement

this ^^^^

You may want to read the actual entire thread as the comments literally debunk everything he mentions.

I disagree with those posts :) but just to prove a point .......

1 the fact is they did release an expansion -- some are just whiny and entitled becase they don't approve of the length and or because it doesn't include "group stuff"

2 true fact is true

3 True fact is true ..... Again.... starting February is more repeatable content .... some people simply like t o redefine the term repeatable to mean " only group stuff"

4 I don't personally like the hk-55 stuff but that doesn't invalidate his point is a fact.

5 And yes the content is "free to subscribers" --- meaning we don't have to pay anything more than normal

Not simply "free"

6 Most defiantly true ..

Looks like i just debunked your whole post ..... :)

Edited by _NovaBlast_

What was really expanded though.....

A 1 hour space bar session. I did it 12 times... no choices mattered.

Everything else we already paid for tbh....

Basically they resold us content we already had.

And before you say it's "free" you better take a good hard look into your bank account.

I have paid 762 dollars in sub alone...

Edited by ShredderStatus

I disagree with those threads :) but jsut to prove a point ....

1 the fact is they did release an expansion -- some are just whiny and entitled becase they don't approve of the length and or because it doesn't include "group stuff"

2 true fact is true

3 True fact is true ..... Again.... starting February is more repeatable content .... some people simply like t o redefine the term repeatable to mean " only group stuff"

4 I don't personally like the hk-55 stuff but that doesn't invalidate his point is a fact.

5 And yes the content is "free" to subs --- meaning we don't have to pay anything more than normal

Not simply "free"

6 Most defiantly true ..

Looks like i just debunked your whole post ..... :)

Sure debunked my entire post by using the denotation meaning and a checklist.

1. Sorry a paying customer doesn't approve the length and is entitled because they have a negative opinion on the game. "Group stuff" is important the game as it adds replay ability, multiple things to strive for, and can add new purpose to players wanting to play.

2. People perceive things differently, and most sane people would see this is a terrible grind not worth the effort and only capped for achievements. This also requires you to do 4 year old recycled content which I find to be tedious in the first place, and its downright disgusting people would defend Bioware trying to make 4 year old content the ONLY WAY to progress in alliance. There's a difference between making old content relevant, and making it the new focus.

3.True fact is not true. Please show me where the devs mentioned they are going to raise the crafting level to 550, and that there giving 228 gear. Yeah... that's in within a few months with no actual repeatable meaningful content, just stuff to do pre 4.0, and after a newly released expansion from a month ago, this should not be the case. Players shouldn't be force to run year old content or more when they just released a "expansion" last month.

4. Again, you're only using the denotation of the subject at hand. Problem is the sub rewards should be incentive to subscribe for new content, they should give new content, and just make sub rewards like a extra cherry on top.

5. Please show me a game that has delivered far less content on release for a expansion, and then require you to pay more in the future for that expansion. They made a DLC for a DLC.

6. At times, this can be true, but people like you mistake anything negative about the game when there trying to give constrictive criticism and just call them a whiner and over self entitled. .

I'd ask for your stuff, but the radioactivity would probably make my companions grow stuff in places that didn't need it.

Way to make a meaningful argument in the discussion with constructive criticism. Props to you for making a original response which will make many people ponder on why they are unsubbing to the game, and may rethink twice before they smack that cancel button.

Pollyanna would be proud of you,