Seriously folks, this is 2012. Our MMO's have LFG tools. It's one thing to launch without it while everyone is leveling, it's another to still not have one a couple months later. I can't always get a guild group, and I am not willing to pay a sub to stand around in the fleet spamming general chat. In this day and age, it's just not going to happen.

1-49 is awesome in this game, 50 is terrible. LFG tool is only part of it, but that's a story for another post. Please get motivated and fix this.

Love,

lefthighkick

Don't quote me on this. But it did launch intentional without a dumbed down anti-social LFG system. Because, you know, you don't wanna be anti-social in a MMO.

How could a sophisticated LFG tool ever be anti-social???

And asking for a good LFG tool does not mean that the tool got an auto-match&group feature but simply allows you to easily find other people for FPs and OPs without having to hang out in Fleet for hours without end!

server wide LFG tool sure, cross-server LFG tool no thanks.

The reason i say this is because the cross-server tool that blizz used is so full of trolls that it's hard to get a group without one. keeping the LFG tool restricted to each individual server keeps people honest.

If someone ninjas something in the server restricted LFG, they probably won't get another group that will stay with them.

but if they ninja on cross-server, they know they'll never see the group again (unless they are really unlucky) and no1 knows about how they were being a jack***.

this is just my stance on a LFG tool being implemented, sry if you don't agree.

I am social, I play MMOs and you are a troll.

You do not designate time investment to your non MMO social pursuits versus time spent in MMO's.

thus my statement tends to hold true.

I may be a troll, you never really know cept by the accusations of others, and to care in any case would be to give you power you don't possess.

I'm tired of spamming /1 for a normal Athiss run when I'm level 25 and I haven't been there once. Plus 260 other players also spamming /1 for their FPs, HMs and OPs means I can't even lament my fate with like-minded individuals (the other DPS also looking for Athiss) because the channel is just filled with an ever-scrolling mass of SPAM.

Cross-server LFFP can't come soon enough.

I hit 50 3 days ago, ever since I have logged on for about 3 hours a night in IF spamming to get a group for a regular mode flash point as a tank, I have tried both forming and just looking for group myself, I have gone to the planets and seen if anyone wanted to go myself,

But for the most part. I've sat around and sent companions on crew missions for that duration while I waited. Some people tell me to create an alt, as much as I enjoyed the game, why in gods name would I create an alt if this is whats waiting at 50 for *another* character.

I get it, Pacific launch is coming. I get it, Some people are probably still coming along to purchase the game,

but as someone whose played every mmo from EQ 12 years ago, to AO, to AoC, DaoC, WoW, Etc, I can tell you with the focus on dungeons and progression that an LFG tool is arguably necessary for a game fits the design of SWTOR.

most of the People seem to forgot what the lfg tool did to wow it destroyed ALOT of the social aspect of the game :(

get of ur lazy asses and look for a group or join a decent active guild and dont ruin the game for the ones that actualy want to do that and not just be lazy and click on ur lfg tool

NEY to lfg tool !!!!

ps. i do like the idea of a serverwide lfg channel but for godsake no lfg tool

A LFG tool which actually allows me to go quest / do whatever off the fleet while waiting for a group - great. As long as it is NOT cross-server, or at least allows the option of only looking on your home server.

The current LFG system is abysmal to say it friendly. An improvement is very much needed!

Well until we get a proper LFG tool I'm just not playing no more. Might even cancel the account until I hear news of an LFG tool if it takes too long since I'm tired of sitting around the same planet watching General tab like waiting for paint to dry and this isn't the kind of "fun" I want to be paying 8.99 for. This waiting around for people to hop onto the same planet I'm on in order to know someone is wanting to do such and such mission is just so last decade. It should've been put in before or right after launch.

btw stop being sarcastic, tkinnunzero. We're not asking for an LFG tool that makes an insta-party for us. We're asking for a tool that allows us to see who is on what mission they want to seek a group for whichever planet they are on and what spec they are, because at the moment we have an unused system which only displays names of people on the same planet as us with an LFG comment which doesn't word wrap, and if someone is on another planet who wants to do the mission they either have to search the planet through the LFG window to see if anyone has an LFG comment or travel to the planet and listen for anyone spamming General. The current LFG system is a failure, a working LFG system in any MMO is mandatory.

Edited by MJHoyle

I have been spamming the fleet for well over 3hrs and have not been able to do any HM's whatsoever. I am in a guild that is not very active at the moment so I can't even go with them. People are getting bored and leaving the game.

If you can get in HM's, good for you, but it's just plain wrong to suggest that anyone can... it's very dependant on what server you're on and if you're lucky enough to be in an active guild. I have seen a few people who were very anti-lfg tool now getting bored and in support of it because all of a sudden their guild numbers are dropping and they are now becoming one of the people they were calling "lazy" and "anti-social" only a month or two ago. I suppose it's ok until it starts affecting you.

Nobody with any sense is going to keep paying BW so they can just sit in fleet and spam lfg all day. You can go on about how it ruined WoWs community (an un-proven "fact" btw) and anything else you like but hard fact is people are getting bored and un-subbing because they can't even play the content that's there.

Overwhelmingly more people want a lfg or x-lfg tool than not and I say the quicker the better.

btw stop being sarcastic, tkinnunzero. We're not asking for an LFG tool that makes an insta-party for us.

I'm not being sarcastic. I'm asking for an LFG tool that makes an insta-party for me for a PVE Flashpoint. I want it to have a button in the UI. I want that button to be placed next to the button for PVP instances and for it to work the same way.

We're asking for a tool that allows us to see who is on what mission they want to seek a group for whichever planet they are on and what spec they are, because at the moment we have an unused system which only displays names of people on the same planet as us with an LFG comment which doesn't word wrap, and if someone is on another planet who wants to do the mission they either have to search the planet through the LFG window to see if anyone has an LFG comment or travel to the planet and listen for anyone spamming General. The current LFG system is a failure, a working LFG system in any MMO is mandatory.

You want to see everyone on the server who has LFG on? You can: type "LFG" without quotes into the search box.

You want to see their full LFG message? You can: hover your mouse over the LFG icon left of their name in the LFG result list.

The current LFG is not a failure because it lacks features. It's a failure because spamming /1 in Fleet gets you into an instance faster and more reliably. Asking for features that already exist is not going to teleport your group to the instance or make someone log in their alt for a quick FP.

You want to see everyone on the server who has LFG on? You can: type "LFG" without quotes into the search box.

You want to see their full LFG message? You can: hover your mouse over the LFG icon left of their name in the LFG result list.

The current LFG is not a failure because it lacks features. It's a failure because spamming /1 in Fleet gets you into an instance faster and more reliably. Asking for features that already exist is not going to teleport your group to the instance or make someone log in their alt for a quick FP.

Oh... sorry, I don't get an instruction manual that tells me how to search server-wide for all players with LFG quotes. Hands up anyone else who knew that?

no one uses this feature. There's more people asking in chat than there are on the LFG list.

Update: Canceling my account and going back to Rift (which has seen tremendous improvement since I last played!)

I enjoyed my time in SWTOR, I don't regret the $$ I spent, and I'll consider returning when:

a) we get that LFG tool (obv)

b) they hopefully expand on space missions (not on rails please!)

Have fun dudes and gals.

server wide LFG tool sure, cross-server LFG tool no thanks.

The reason i say this is because the cross-server tool that blizz used is so full of trolls that it's hard to get a group without one. keeping the LFG tool restricted to each individual server keeps people honest.

If someone ninjas something in the server restricted LFG, they probably won't get another group that will stay with them.

but if they ninja on cross-server, they know they'll never see the group again (unless they are really unlucky) and no1 knows about how they were being a jack***.

this is just my stance on a LFG tool being implemented, sry if you don't agree.

single server lfg wouldnt work since there are to few people and getting fewer by each day, all the people i know have stopped subscription already...

most of the People seem to forgot what the lfg tool did to wow it destroyed ALOT of the social aspect of the game :(

get of ur lazy asses and look for a group or join a decent active guild and dont ruin the game for the ones that actualy want to do that and not just be lazy and click on ur lfg tool

NEY to lfg tool !!!!

ps. i do like the idea of a serverwide lfg channel but for godsake no lfg tool

Funny thing with people saying LFG system completely destroyed the social side of WoW is they never provide any arguments and/or proof of how EXACTLY it destroyed it.

Funny thing with people saying LFG system completely destroyed the social side of WoW is they never provide any arguments and/or proof of how EXACTLY it destroyed it.

It destroyed the social aspect of wow because now you don't need to spam LF1M HEALER for 2 hours on trade chat before going inside a dungeon. Also if you get a noob you can just votekick him instead of carrying his awfulness on your back because you simply don't feel like going back to LFM on the capital.

Edited by Excidium

Its a massive time sink to sit in fleet spending a long time to get a group. Time sink = money.

Also having chat filled with LFG/LFM spam does not promote social interactions. 99% of the people u group with for ur heroic or FP found thru chat are usually never seen again. People need to stop defending bioware for not having these features.

Afraid of trolls and ninja? Want to do it guildies and friends? Fine then dont use the LFG tool but there is no reason to have that feature for the people that want it.

the i dont like it/dont need it so no one else should have it attitude is very selfish and childish. same thing applies to other features like combat logs, dps meters, and such that many dont want in this game.

Edited by dudexx