Future Content...

Malckiah

Vote for what you want most for future content...Pick up to 5  

15,252 members have voted

1. 1. Vote for what you want most for future content...Pick up to 5

I wish more life on my ship. My Crew stand just holes in the air. In me3 Bioware show us, they can bring some kind of Life in a ship. Why not here. Some ne voices and conversations. Damn... let them walk around and Talk to each other. Just a bit for the begining. My crew stand just there, every time on same pos. Oh no, thats not true. Sometimes hang out some time in my cargo bay:eek:

The Walking Crew... sad, very sad only

Hah yeah, ME was great when it came to that stuff.

Each time I play through I find myself searching the ship from top to bottom, every nook and cranny - just to see what the crew is up to.

Of course the Normandy was huge compared to our tiny ships.

im suprised that new class is not winning this poll hard:mad:

I think they did a good job with the current classes; hence there being no insane demand for new ones. :)

Edited by Callaron

• Replies 908
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

#1 : Other

I would very, very much like to see expanded cosmetic customization for our starships. Perhaps even some conveniences - reasons to be on your ship or even to bring others.

Once a companion has been romanced and their quest arc completed, they become about as interesting as a bulkhead. I understand it's quite impossible to give a companion a never-ending stream of conversation options since they have to be voiced, but it would be nice if my companion responded to me a bit... friendlier? I don't really know what I'm asking for here.

1. Class Story. I don't care what Bioware says - I want more story for the specific classes. If they can't do entire Class Arcs, I'd still want branches to stories (planets, etc) based on my class. If they can't do that, then just have a few significant specific quests that are class exclusive, even if there is no longer more lengthy class stories.

But do SOMETHING. Makeb is what I consider to be '1/2 an expansion', because it is mostly only reflective of faction, not class. Improve on this, BW...

2. Companions. Ideally, I want more companions stories/arcs/interactions/features, based on the *existing* ones. It doesn't have to be done all at once. In one patch, only 1/5 of the companions needs story additions (1x8 = 8 additions). Give us more romances, companion specific missions, more abilities for them, customization, etc. Again, it doesn't have to be done all at once, but just make sure every class have something new to do with their companions. As a Consular, I'd really like Zenith (regardless of whatever cost it may take to use Troy Baker more, haha) to become a m/m romance option (sorry ladies!), or at least get a new story addition where upon completion, might open up a new weapon type to him or ability. Again, like with class stories, just do SOMETHING good.

3. Planets. This is a constant. I always like new planets. 2-3 per year is good. 2012 was a big disappointment here, but 2013 with Makeb and Oricon (and kinda CZ-198), was 2/3-3/4 what I'd want every year :). Good job, and with the possible datamined planet names, I'm optimistic about 2014.

4. Mini-games. Pazaak and Pod Racing in particular, but also more. Integrate them into the existing world, cantinas, etc. I'd love to hang around a Corusant cantina, and see other players come into it due to a daily/weekly quest to play pazaak in a tournament in randomized planets.

5. Other. Simply, I want much more use out of the existing game world. Things like the Bounty Hunting Week is a nice start, but I want whole new mini-story arcs (several missions) that make use of existing planets and locations more. The assets are there, so use em! And by this, I mean new sub-zones and story, not just 'kill x'. And new story should also not be filler, but just be new Lv 55 (or maybe Lv 60 soon enough??) areas.

I haven't done Makeb yet but it seems that some content for RotHC involves going to Lv 55 areas of planets? I like that, at least in itself; I'll have to try it when I get there.

My main request is that Bioware, on top of making new locations and content, should also use existing things as well, in order to enforce a more interesting continuity. Adding a new companion like Treek is something I accept, but I much more prefer they add more interactions, choice+consequence (romance, friendship, rivalry, sidestories), and customization with the existing ones. Adding a new planet for dailies is something I accept, but I much more prefer either entirely new planets for the main story arc, or adding new important areas/maps/subzones to the lower level planets.

I'd give launch SWTOR a 6.5/10, 2012 SWTOR a 7/10, and 2013 SWTOR a 7.5/10. I hope to one day give this game a 8.5/10 :) (9.0+ seems unlikely, as I'm far too nitpicky with certain things)

To clarify my stances on other things:

Operations - Not yet, as I'm only Lv 42. :). Obviously, I insist that at least 2 entirely new (not hard modes) Operations are added every year. Any more than that is nice, but not something I require once I'm raiding.

Flashpoints - A few every year, or several every couple years. The current rate is just barely acceptable, but with just a nudge forward, would be just fine. Rehashes of dungeons suck, and I appreciate at least what a slimed down Rift is doing; they redo most of the assets WITHIN dungeon locations, give them a new (present-in-timeline) story, with new bosses (Realm of Twisted Dreams and Return to Deepstrike). I enjoy that a lot more, if devs are gonna reuse an area.

PvP - I don't PvP so I don't care. I appreciate it when there's at least 2 solid PvP related patches every year though (not counting entirely new expansions).

Space Combat - Haven't tried GS yet, but intend to. When it comes to space combat, I just want it to be fun but also relate as much to my 'on foot character' as possible. Adding companion buffs was something I just learned of, and I'd be in support of stuff like that. Also want more freeform PvE space combat.

In terms of PvP, I want the Star Wars Battlefront 2 thing of spending part of the battle in space flight, but THEN land (along with other players) to attack enemy ships from the inside. Add in guild ships and... ;)

Crew Skills - Haven't delved enough into this, except I can say that I always want crafting to be important and relevant. More than it is now...

Character Customization - I'd want a partial overhaul really. Currently, its too restrictive. Silly even, when we see we can change body type to 'big', but can't choose states that are in-between.

Legacy - Can't say much here, except that I wouldn't mind additions to this system. No rush for me.

Races - On one hand, honestly, I don't care. I know the restrictions Bioware is working with, so whatever.

On the other, I want an entirely new Wookie expansion with their own Lv 40 (starts there, requires purchase or existing character at Lv 50, like Death Knights in WoW) to 50 storyline as their own class, then they pull a Pandaria, to either join the grateful Republic to less personal gain, or the resentful/hateful Empire to more personal gain/payment. Class would be something like 'Wookie Bowcaster'. Voicing would be easier, as it would be mostly growls :), and we just assume other people have personal translators :p

New Class - Unless they're part of a major major addition (like my Wookie idea), I'd say no. And I think it'd be a waste to have a whole 3 Chapters of Class Story for it. I prefer advancements to existing stories and mechanics.

New planets, first and foremost. New areas, new quests, more to do. Need more Flashpoints too.

I'd like to see class stories revisited but at this point the bulk of the story is complete and the most we'll probably get is a mission or two every now and again. I'd definitely like to see a few more Emperor's Wrath missions.

Edited by Atma

• 3 weeks later...
Ha ha ha...

So the thing that the majority of players (66.47%) want is what is not in the pipeline ;).

- Arcada

I just don't see them doing it. As long as they can get by on 2 faction stories and some CM items that's the path they are going to take. It's just faster and cheaper than 8 class stories and 2 faction stories.

I just don't see them doing it. As long as they can get by on 2 faction stories and some CM items that's the path they are going to take. It's just faster and cheaper than 8 class stories and 2 faction stories.

In the long run, it will net them losses when the 10s of thousands of players who came here solely for their personalized Star Wars Sagas will leave (I'm not one of them, but I am still a proponent of class stories).

I understand that Class Stories are expensive and (supposedly) non-replayable. The first, I agree with. The second, not at all. If anything, I think Class Stories have a very good retention rate and replay value.

Think about it. There's 8 unique stories for us to play through, with some of them having multiple alternate endings, and all of them having dark, light, and netural paths through them. PvE grinds have a much smaller replay value, and for PvP to have similar or better replay value, it has to be excellently implemented (which it is not in SWTOR).

If they continue to Chapter 4 of Class Stories, and make them even more complex and branching than the original 3, they may very well have earned another year of sub from thousands of players. On the other hand they need to release content a lot faster for PvE and PvP to keep people happy.

In the long run, it will net them losses when the 10s of thousands of players who came here solely for their personalized Star Wars Sagas will leave (I'm not one of them, but I am still a proponent of class stories).

Maybe or maybe not. There are A LOT of people who are going to play this game no matter what just because it's Star Wars. I'm one of the people who mostly plays for the class stories. I played through them all awhile ago, but every 5-6 months I come back and level something new and maybe do a bit of pvp. As long as they can keep the Star Wars crowd around they don't need much else. They can stay profitable at a pretty low development cost. That seems to be the road they are taking and will probably stay on until it proves unprofitable.

Maybe or maybe not. There are A LOT of people who are going to play this game no matter what just because it's Star Wars. I'm one of the people who mostly plays for the class stories. I played through them all awhile ago, but every 5-6 months I come back and level something new and maybe do a bit of pvp. As long as they can keep the Star Wars crowd around they don't need much else. They can stay profitable at a pretty low development cost. That seems to be the road they are taking and will probably stay on until it proves unprofitable.

Well obviously the easy road will net them easy profits. But if they take a slightly risky road with higher short term costs, their profits might be greater. That is the reason why I think they should throw in a chapter of class story every year or so.

People will just smash through the new chapter of class story and whine about lack of content. Lets get real here, its what would happen regardless. The truth is the amount of effort and time that would have to be put into individual class stories is just not worth it. People will play the game no matter what, and you say how people will leave if they don't get class stories but honestly they would leave either way. One chapter of class story every 4-5 months is not going to keep people subbed. Plus from a business standpoint 8 different class stories is a horrible idea. Face it.

Unless they hire the same writers who wrote the KOTOR story to work on it, they dont need to bother with it. As it is the story is the weakest point of the game.

We get eight stories, and still none compares to Bioware's earlier work.

KOTOR was a far more cinematic experience due to cutscenes where the player was not there.. like where Malak orders the destruction of Taris. That kind of stuff actually makes you interested in the bad guy and the grander scale of things.

I love it when people say they will just blast through any new class story they give us and then be bored in days. People do the same with planet arch, dailies, and operations so that not really a very good excuse. The fact is they simple can’t make content fast enough no matter the type.

This poll clearly shows class story is important to a decent chunk of the players; the best thing they can do is give everyone a little bit of what they want. They could compromises and do one quest chain per new planet that deal with the player class story. Another choice is to do two classes per new content and do a cycle so it wouldn’t take up to much development time. It’s probably not going to happen but I do think they will loses some people eventual if they don’t add class story, who known if it will be significant amount or not.

PS The more diversity the game has the more players it will draw in, that why I think they should add housing and mini game for people to do. As the daily grind can easily get old.

Other (please explain): More frequent balance patches please. Operatives have literally been>>>>>>>any other healing class in PVP since 1.2. Even worse since 2.4 as the weaknesses of casting classes are even more apparent in arenas.

Good that Bioware is finally tweaking lightning and madness to try to bring the DPS specs up to par but what about corruption? Operative is still far and above ahead.

Also I've wanted a body type halfway between 2 and 3 since launch pl0x. Average Joe versus 7 foot 350-pound steroid gorilla is a bit much. I've always wanted a more natural-looking, 6'3" (so taller than most NPCs except for bodytype 3), 225-pound build for my characters; 2 doesn't cut it as it's what everyone selects to avoid various extremes, not to mention looking more like average height and 40 pounds lighter, and 3 is one of the extremes to be avoided except under limited circumstances.