Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Companion question

Bxvx
07.31.2020 , 09:38 AM | #1
I've been wondering if you boost your companion to 50 influence. Does it really matter if they disapprove of things you do? Like for romances really, when I make a new toon usually boost the influence of the one their going to after.

LD_Little_Dragon
07.31.2020 , 12:56 PM | #2
It doesn't matter. The way influence works now, you never lose influence. "Disapproves" just means you'll get less overall influence for them as a mission reward than if they "Approved".

In other words: Once you get them to 50 influence (Or 20, or any other number) they will never go lower.
Stealthy heals, stealthy dps, stealthy tank.

ceryxp
07.31.2020 , 03:45 PM | #3
Yep, companions do not lose influence. As said, if they disagree you just get fewer influence points than if they had agreed. But, back when it was affection you could lose affection and even go into negative affection with a companion. My first Knight ended up with negative affection with Lord Scourge until I fed the big, red anti-Care Bear a whole lot of gifts.
--------------------------------------------------
Click the link. You know you wanna. You will get free stuff. - http://www.swtor.com/r/W9ZqZj

turbomagnus
07.31.2020 , 05:33 PM | #4
If you have them romanced, it can sometimes have an effect.

Spoiler warning;
Spoiler

But for just simple influence, like has already been said, it only lowers the amount of gain, not the amount already possessed.

Bxvx
07.31.2020 , 06:32 PM | #5
Cool thanks for the info everyone! Ya I actually watched a video of her breaking up with the trooper for doing those things. I was worried she would be mad about Tanno and Saresh but she didn't say anything and we continued the romance.

SteveTheCynic
08.02.2020 , 02:41 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by LD_Little_Dragon View Post
It doesn't matter. The way influence works now, you never lose influence. "Disapproves" just means you'll get less overall influence for them as a mission reward than if they "Approved".
Note for the unwary. There are still a few situations where a companion "greatly disapproves". In this case, the Influence gain is zero.
http://www.swtor.com/r/Hg3sV2
To go to Belsavis, you must go to Belsavis.
I never had a Fine Mithril Sword of a very powerful glorious invincible hero scout with ruby inlays and platinum engraving in June language

turbomagnus
08.02.2020 , 09:00 AM | #7
And then there's the weird ones that don't seem to have an obvious effect like "(NPC) is amused" or "(NPC) is not amused"...