Why can't we just get an answer?

I don't understand why they don't just come out & say why they aren't creating a new operation for the expansion. Even the slightest bit of information would be great as to why we don't have one or if they are in the process of making a new ops, just announce that there's one on the way. We're way past "overdue". It's a joke they keep ignoring all the people like myself who just want an answer!

As you can see they dont care. They are still just puppets in the hands of EA and have their limits to what they can say if they wanna keep their job. Actually I feel sorry for them, it must be frustrating to have a forum full of insults a stream bombarded with requests for ops and no RNG and not being able to do anything about it, not even comment on it.

They dont have anything to say, they dont have an ops team or means to make an ops, they barely managed to do 5.0 and in that they are even simplifying the game to have it easier. Its simply unbelievable.

They're not legally obliged to tell you, and they know that openly saying they aren't working on an operation will cause players to unsubscribe. So it's better to stay quiet.

It should be pretty clear that we won't get raids for the foreseeable future; the 2017 group content may have something for 8-man raid teams (e.g. single boss instances or world bosses) but I don't expect a full raid for a while.

But BioWare is counting on players like you who stay subscribed hoping for a new operation even when all evidence points to the contrary. ;)

Edited by Jerba

8 man Star Fortress and 8 man Eternal Championship coming in 2017:-) Theres your new ops!

In all seriousness, I wouldn't even mind something like the 8 / 16 man Eternal Championship. It reminds me of WoW's Trail of the Crusader raid, which I actually kind of liked, because 1) No stupid trash mobs to sift through. 2) Quick raid for good loot. 3) It was an easy thing for Blizzard to set up, while they worked on the real raid Ice Crown Citadel.

I wouldn't even care if they used some of the same bosses EC has right now. Give them a few more mechanics, a ton more health, up their damage, have extra trash spawn with them, to keep others busy, and done. Honestly I think a lot of people would be happy to see any new OP at this point, if the half way done idea gets us closer to that, I'm all for it, while they work on something better.

Edited by Setta

I don't understand why they don't just come out & say why they aren't creating a new operation for the expansion. Even the slightest bit of information would be great as to why we don't have one or if they are in the process of making a new ops, just announce that there's one on the way. We're way past "overdue". It's a joke they keep ignoring all the people like myself who just want an answer!

silence is an answer. i agree that it is a very disgraceful way of communicating it, but there it is. i wasn't in the room, but i can give a pretty good description of what happened (disclaimer: may just all be in my head).

after 3.0 dropped, sub numbers did not increase to the level that bwa was hoping and they probably got some heat from ea over it. they were probably even given an ultimatum along the lines of fix it or ****. looking at the state of the game and what they had tried before, they decided that new ops were not going to bring in the subs in numbers that they could accept and so they tried a different direction. obviously, kotfe was successful enough that they decided to double down on it.

to your specific question, here is the problem: if they flat tell you that no new ops are coming, there is a good chance you will unsub. if they don't tell you, and instead keep stringing you along with "group content", "we know players want ops", and "talk about possible new group content and hopefully 8 man at some point months in the future", then there is a chance you will keep subbing. as i said above, it is a nasty piece of corporate sliminess, but the ea culture has infected bwa completely, and i no longer expect anything else.

Edited by sumquy

I'll make this easy for you, Hell is more likely to freeze over that us getting a new operation this expansion. There would be no point in including a new operation for this expansion anyways because they've made raiding completely unrewarding and took from the raiding experience what raiders crave. Going somewhere to take something by force. I'm not one of those doomsayers, one but has to read all posts and opinions of those of us [raiders] left to see unless the change the system of gearing in 5.0 raiders will become extinct here. Resources spend on making a new operation under these conditions would be throwing money to the wind, money they are going to have a lot less of with all the people who will be canceling their subscriptions.

You could still do operations, yes, but they won't be raids anymore, 5.0 removes the heart of raiding. They'd be idiots to waste the money.

after 3.0 dropped, sub numbers did not increase to the level that bwa was hoping and they probably got some heat from ea over it. they were probably even given an ultimatum along the lines of fix it or ****. looking at the state of the game and what they had tried before, they decided that new ops were not going to bring in the subs in numbers that they could accept and so they tried a different direction. obviously, kotfe was successful enough that they decided to double down on it.

Yes this is a very good theory. I think the game population in swtor has basically been droping since launch of the game. They had a HUGE influx of subs at start but very quickly the ppl realized the limitations of the game so started to slowly leave the game. That trend is here till now. From the over 1 mil subs at start most of them left and Bioware did claim they had highest subs in 2 years with SoR that figure wasnt comparing subs to the 1 mil mark, but rather to the 400k-500k which were left after the great purge in the first months of the game.

And yes, to your post they basically may have been trying out different approaches to the game and wanted to see what will make the people stay and be subbed. We did see great ops development from 1.0 till 3.0 but it seems that wasnt enough for the people, or at least that wasnt enough for most of the subs. With ops they probably pleased 20k ppl, but not the rest of the 480k ppl. Seems the rest wants Story and Dress up!!

We did see great ops development from 1.0 till 3.0 but it seems that wasnt enough for the people, or at least that wasnt enough for most of the subs. With ops they probably pleased 20k ppl, but not the rest of the 480k ppl. Seems the rest wants Story and Dress up!!

The gap before ToS and RAV was fatal to many, many guilds. Then Hardmare happened which eroded the population even further. It seems their interpretation of the metrics was "People don't do Operations" when it should have been "We screwed up our Operations schedule and implementation and scared off a bunch of loyal customers"

Games with predictable and timely content releases have a stable population. Those that don't fluctuate wildly.