Please dont nerf any Ops and FPS bosses!!

Dear Devs,

You have been receiving a lot of inquiries to nerf some bosses mainly in the Hardmode Flashpoints. However, there was A LOT of proof by other players that its is possible to beat all these bosses without gear or even solo.

Therefore I ask you please no more nerfs to the game, its already very very easy and it is good that there are things people have problems with, they should have. Its not wrong to make things hard to beat, it should encourage people to work on themselves, read guides or do tutorials etc. Finding a challenge in the game is important, that makes you stronger, that is what makes you grow!

Thank you!

Edited by nepochop

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Asking "don't nerf things" is futile, and isn't going to solve anything.

The problem is NOT that some fights are "too easy" and other fights are "too hard".

The problem is that there isn't a smooth gradient between easy and hard, and that there isn't an obvious path to move from one to the other.

As far as an inexperienced player is concerned, Battle of Ilum is the same as Blood Hunt. Why would he or she believe otherwise? They both appear as sibling options in the same group finder. They both have the same rewards. The game makes no distinction between them.

Edited by Khevar

Asking "don't nerf things" is futile, and isn't going to solve anything.

The problem is NOT that some fights are "too easy" and other fights are "too hard".

The problem is that there isn't a smooth gradient between easy and hard, and that there isn't an obvious path to move from one to the other.

As far as an inexperienced player is concerned, Battle of Ilum is the same as Blood Hunt. Why would he or she believe otherwise? They both appear as sibling options in the same group finder. They both have the same rewards. The game makes no distinction between them.

Because they weren't designed to be on the same level. Blood Hunt was designed to target level 60 characters with new spec/abilities.

For ops, the biggest problem is to "find a group to keep trying on the hard stuff".

Edited by Slowpokeking

Right now it's pretty much, a lot of hardcore players on the forum yelling for more difficult content but in the game, even on harbinger, most of the people could only do EV/KP HM or even got trouble with SM ops. That means the overall concept of ops got some serious problems, and that's why Bioware had stopped to make new ops.

Right now it's pretty much, a lot of hardcore players on the forum yelling for more difficult content but in the game, even on harbinger, most of the people could only do EV/KP HM or even got trouble with SM ops. That means the overall concept of ops got some serious problems, and that's why Bioware had stopped to make new ops.

Before they stopped making ops no one would have had trouble on sm on anything but since they did the skill level has gone through the floor, and there were many pugs during dp and df era that had no issues with those ops on hm.

TOS and Rav at release were to hard for HM which is why they should have done nim so they could have made HM a wee bit easier

Edited by WheresMyWhisky

Before they stopped making ops no one would have had trouble on sm on anything but since they did the skill level has gone through the floor, and I there were many pugs during dp and df that had no issues.

TOS and Rav at release were to hard for HM which is why they should have done nim so tey could have made HM a wee bit easier

Before that I also see a lot of people fail at SM. People could do DF and DP HM because of the 5 levels gap, still many of them fail badly at Brontes or even previous bosses.

They stopped to make new ops because it cost a lot and only a few people could do them. NIM was also cancelled for that reason.

Edited by Slowpokeking

Dear Devs,

You have been receiving a lot of inquiries to nerf some bosses mainly in the Hardmode Flashpoints. However, there was A LOT of proof by other players that its is possible to beat all these bosses with gear or even solo.

Therefore I ask you please no more nerfs to the game, its already very very easy and it is good that there are things people have problems with, they should have. Its not wrong to make things hard to beat, it should encourage people to work on themselves, read guides or do tutorials etc. Finding a challenge in the game is important, that makes you stronger, that is what makes you grow!

Thank you!

/sign

There have always been and there will always be someone, having problems with the contents difficulty. It would be terrible, if not. It is not in the devs interests, to design content, everyone can finish at the day of release. Get your asses up and start working on your skills, instead of concerning about the difficulty. Every player can beat the challenges - but never all of them.

/sign

There have always been and there will always be someone, having problems with the contents difficulty. It would be terrible, if not. It is not in the devs interests, to design content, everyone can finish at the day of release. Get your asses up and start working on your skills, instead of concerning about the difficulty. Every player can beat the challenges - but never all of them.

Fallacy here.

How are they going to work on their skills if they couldn't even get into the content or keep make tries? Group content differs a lot than single player content.

Before that I also see a lot of people fail at SM. People could do DF and DP HM because of the 5 levels gap, still many of them fail badly at Brontes or even previous bosses.

They stopped to make new ops because it cost a lot and only a few people could do them. NIM was also cancelled for that reason.

No when df and dp were out and at level pugs could do hm the majority of the time in my experience

oh and the no one did ops thing ok, their old ops participation numbers I think you wil find it was 38% which is a fair percentage of the population, just like a lot of people used to do pvp til they neglected that forever

Oh and here is a link to the old numbers I refer to unlike peeps that pull %s out of there arse http://dulfy.net/2012/03/05/swtor-guild-summitlive-blogging/ it was similar all the way through 2 and 3 well that was a cluster ****

Edited by WheresMyWhisky

oh and the no one did ops thing ok, their old ops participation numbers I think you wil find it was 38% which is a fair percentage of the population, just like a lot of people used to do pvp til they neglected that forever

Oh and here is a link to the old numbers I refer to unlike peeps that pull %s out of there arse http://dulfy.net/2012/03/05/swtor-guild-summitlive-blogging/ it was similar all the way through 2 and 3 well that was a cluster ****

Yeah, during its release before EC came out, which is why they keep make new ops, but by the time they stopped to make new ops, the number went down whole a lot.

Edited by Slowpokeking

The numbers were high all way through df and dp I think you will find, yeah lots took a break between ev and kp as it was ages but they came back for ec and tfb in 1 then S&V in 2 and eventually df and dp

Not much, before I moved to Harbinger, pugs couldn't even do EC HM with the 5-10 levels gap. Very few people were doing DF and DP.

Maybe the easier way of doing this as will not agree is this

During EV and KP large population loads doing ops

massive lul no ops population tanked

EC and TfB lots of peeps re appeared decent populations not as good as launch

S&V launches with 2 loads of peeps doing S&V and Tfb (as its not that old at that point) S&V very eays in hm peeps get bored massive lul til next ops

population noticeably reduced

DF and DP loads of raiding population pretty healthy returns to early 2 state

Tos and Rav launch lots of HM peeps realise its way to hard for them ops team slowly bleed out for the whole of 3, this is why you need nim as they were neither hard enough for nim but far to hard for hm

Kofte launches no ops but massive influx of new peeps have to add capacity to servers by February population starts to tank to where even high population server like tre barely have 3 fleets up

Notice the trend evrytime no ops population tanks.

Oh and if they had actually added pvp content at a decent rate in that period the population wouldn't have tanked at all. The reality is that its the pvp and raiding orientated people that regularly log and keep on logging and to have healthy servers you need them

And if you think I am incorrect I point you to the current server populations which are woeful

Edited by WheresMyWhisky

Maybe the easier way of doing this as will not agree is this

During EV and KP large population loads doing ops

massive lul no ops population tanked

EC and TfB lots of peeps re appeared decent populations not as good as launch

S&V launches with 2 loads of peeps doing S&V and Tfb (as its not that old at that point) S&V very eays in hm peeps get bored massive lul til next ops

population noticeably reduced

DF and DP loads of raiding population pretty healthy returns to early 2 state

Tos and Rav launch lots of HM peeps realise its way to hard for them ops team slowly bleed out for the whole of 3, this is why you need nim as they were neither hard enough for nim but far to hard for hm

Kofte launches no ops but massive influx of new peeps have to add capacity to servers by February population starts to tank to where even high population server like tre barely have 3 fleets up

Notice the trend evrytime no ops population tanks.

Oh and if they had actually added pvp content at a decent rate in that period the population wouldn't have tanked at all. The reality is that its the pvp and raiding orientated people that regularly log and keep on logging and to have healthy servers you need them

And if you think I am incorrect I point you to the current server populations which are woeful

Actually starting from DF and DP or even TFB, the player base had started to split out, the majority could try SM. But couldn't find a group to do HM or NIM, way too few ppl were doing NIM was the reason why Bioware had stopped to make new ones. Even now, most of the daily players could run most of the SM but not non EV/KP HM.

Actually starting from DF and DP or even TFB, the player base had started to split out, the majority could try SM. But couldn't find a group to do HM or NIM, way too few ppl were doing NIM was the reason why Bioware had stopped to make new ones. Even now, most of the daily players could run most of the SM but not non EV/KP HM.

Well as I said my experience on tre was loads doing df and dp I pugged hm on those loads of times, issue is its anecdotal what is not since no new ops the server populations have gone through the floor

Well as I said my experience on tre was loads doing df and dp I pugged hm on those loads of times, issue is its anecdotal what is not since no new ops the server populations have gone through the floor

But that doesn't happen on every server and still, it could be a smaller number.

I'm not against making new ops, but it needs to change, it's group content, even if you are all good, without a good group you can't run it, that's the problem.

Hard mode only requires a so so group, its not really that hard, correction unless its 4.0 M&B in which case I would say a very decent group is required and obvs for revan as well since loads of mechanics for a hm fight, all other hms outside those 2 fights are pretty easy Edited by WheresMyWhisky