lol

sir_oliver

Hey folks,

As we talked about a bit on the stream, there are some gearing changes happening with Knights of the Eternal Throne. For starters, I recommend you read this thread where I have provided more detail on the changes. The purpose of this thread is to go over how these changes will impact PvE and PvP gearing. Here are some more of those details:

• Expertise is being removed from the game.
  • Any color crystals which have Expertise on them will be converted to a new type of color crystal – Mastery.
  • There is no longer an Expertise requirement to get into Ranked Warzones, this will be replaced with a Valor requirement.
  • PvE and PvP will share the same gear in Eternal Throne.
  • Crystals and Warzone Commendations will also be phased out in Eternal Throne, we will have more details on our conversion plans in the coming weeks.

That covers an overview of how the changes will impact PvP and PvE gear in Eternal Throne. Please let me know of any questions you may have and I will work with the team to get you answers.

-eric

Lol. I am out.

If expertise is going away, I'm wondering what this means for bolster. Obviously, the lower level warzones will still need some bolster due to level disparity. But at level 70, is bolster even going to be necessary?

Obviously, yes. To keep those "hardcore" pve scrubs from earning high numbers.

If expertise is going away, I'm wondering what this means for bolster. Obviously, the lower level warzones will still need some bolster due to level disparity. But at level 70, is bolster even going to be necessary?

Yes in regulars, otherwise we go back to the days where many people are dead weight until they gear up.

none of this matters for those of us on dead servers

Shh, they don't care about you. Might I suggest a song for your listening pleasure as well:

Everythings fine, "lots of new players are joining the game, and they don't really want people to have queues"

"A lot of the servers will start to feel really full soon". "No plans for it right now"

- Ben, from the live stream.

Seriously though, I don't what BW is thinking...or not thinking. Ridiculous. All I can say is transfer out when you can. One toon at a time using your CC monthly grants. And your 1 free server transfer if you haven't.

Lol. I am out.

expertise was garbage from the word go. All this does is make it so hard core pvp and pver casuals are on the same playing field. You will still own a pver as most of them are just bad and still fight hard core pvper with some fee to the fight so nothing change other then getting gear. hard core pvpers will gear faster then casuals pver. The more time you put in the faster you get gear

Edited by Neoforcer

expertise was garbage from the word go. All this does is make it so hard core pvp and pver casuals are on the same playing field. You will still own a pver as most of them are just bad and still fight hard core pvper with some fee to the fight so nothing change other then getting gear. hard core pvpers will gear faster then casuals pver. The more time you put in the faster you get gear

can't wait to be maxed out in command rank and just non stop farming to get a bracer that rngesus is denying me.

The more you play (subscribe) to the game the better you will be at winning against someone who hasn't played (subscribed) as much

Nah sub time has nothing to do with it lol. PvP's just theorycrafting, execution, and instinct. I've seen regstars play 8v8's since I started playing and they're still bad.

i'm hoping they not trying to do pre WOW..when they had no kind of element to seperate pve and pvp gear..meaning the scrubby pve raid players gear will be best in game..people like me who dont care to pve i be force to do the crap just to keep up..

alot of people dont care to pve..i mean herp derp a NPC for hours at end..to each there own..dont force this on everybody..i played games that didnt use any kind of element to seperate pve and pvp gear..it was a murder fest for the top raiding guilds in pvp wz's..with the best gear in game..

i'm hoping they not trying to do pre WOW..when they had no kind of element to seperate pve and pvp gear..meaning the scrubby pve raid players gear will be best in game..people like me who dont care to pve i be force to do the crap just to keep up..

alot of people dont care to pve..i mean herp derp a NPC for hours at end..to each there own..dont force this on everybody..i played games that didnt use any kind of element to seperate pve and pvp gear..it was a murder fest for the top raiding guilds in pvp wz's..with the best gear in game..

The irony is that the only people who will be geared enough to queue for ranked will be the raiders, while the people like me who log in just so that I can play warzones and ranked arenas will take months to be able to move on to ranked.

Edited by Primarch_PWnD

The irony is that the only people who will be geared enough to queue for ranked will be the raiders, while the people like me who log in just so that I can play warzones and ranked arenas will take months to be able to move on to ranked.

most Raiders wont have enough valor to do ranked and probably wont bother to chase it