Pure DPS matches 5.0

Icykill_

In the gearing threads started by Eric, someone pointed out that if you play an advanced class that has more than one function, then it could take twice as long to gear. ie, if you play an advanced class like a Jugg, which can tank or DPS, then you have a chance of rolling tanking or DPS gear. That means that if you're a tank and it keeps dropping DPS gear, you could be grinding along time. The same as if you are a DPS Jugg, you have just as much chance to roll tank gear. This also applies to those classes that have healing and DPS in the same advanced class.

The only advanced classes that will always be guaranteed 100% drop of their correct disaplines stats, will be pure DPS advanced classes. Marauders and Snipers will always get DPS stats and should theoretically gear up faster than any other advanced class.

So does that mean we will now see a paradigm shift to pure DPS matches. Games full or Maras and Snipers because they can gear up faster?

Ranked arena should be fun. 4 Maras vs 4 Snipers :eek: .. lucky all castable melee abilities can now be done while moving.

8v8.. 8 Maras vs 8 Sents... that would actually be fun and probably be the closest thing to a real Sith vs Jedi battle... but you certainly wouldn't want to be the odd one out and be running the only class not Mara or Sent.

In the gearing threads started by Eric, someone pointed out that if you play an advanced class that has more than one function, then it could take twice as long to gear. ie, if you play an advanced class like a Jugg, which can tank or DPS, then you have a chance of rolling tanking or DPS gear. That means that if you're a tank and it keeps dropping DPS gear, you could be grinding along time. The same as if you are a DPS Jugg, you have just as much chance to roll tank gear. This also applies to those classes that have healing and DPS in the same advanced class.

The only advanced classes that will always be guaranteed 100% drop of their correct disaplines stats, will be pure DPS advanced classes. Marauders and Snipers will always get DPS stats and should theoretically gear up faster than any other advanced class.

So does that mean we will now see a paradigm shift to pure DPS matches. Games full or Maras and Snipers because they can gear up faster?

Ranked arena should be fun. 4 Maras vs 4 Snipers :eek: .. lucky all castable melee abilities can now be done while moving.

8v8.. 8 Maras vs 8 Sents... that would actually be fun and probably be the closest thing to a real Sith vs Jedi battle... but you certainly wouldn't want to be the odd one out and be running the only class not Mara or Sent.

Funny you should post this I just started a Sentinel and will be sending my Juggernaut to the grave once its max level.

I went through the battlemaster bag debacle on a Merc and Jugg....I'm hedging my bets this time.

Edited by Soljin

would the same apply to heals?

Also, what about set bonuses? I know expertise will be removed but will armorings still retain bonuses and will some be more or less beneficial to PVE/PVP?

Or will the gear not be moddable at all, just a shell with permanent stats?

I realize the answers to these questions probably aren't available but they crossed my mind so i thought i would bring it up.

Also, what about set bonuses? I know expertise will be removed but will armorings still retain bonuses and will some be more or less beneficial to PVE/PVP?

I realize the answers to these questions probably aren't available but they crossed my mind so i thought i would bring it up.

According to Eric, they will be moddable. So you can switch mods around or slap them on legacy gear if you want.

Guess it depends, heals can often use some DPS gear as the stats aren't too far removed. But if all that dropped for you was DPS gear, then you wouldn't be as affective as you could be. So yes, you'd basically be in the same position as tanks. But Tanks are really screwed

Who knows what set bonus will be like for heals. They may set it up like some of the DPS Mara gear is currently or like some stances say if you have this and you are this disapline, you may get xyz bonus buff... who knows... I just think Tanks will be in the worst position.

Edited by Icykill_