Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Make Duels Great Again

MK-ULTRA
09.22.2019 , 12:00 PM | #1
Allow duels in the cartel market area and the cantina area.

These are literally the best and most perfect places for duels. You get new gear. just leveled up, lots of people around and are generally doing downtime activities.

I got new stuff yesterday and tried to duel but nope not allowed. This is fubar and goes totally against logic.

You want us to duel random strangers we come across out in the world while we are questing? Nope sorry that is grind time not hang out and shoot the poo time.

PLEASE allow duels in these areas. It is the best place for duels. Trust me.

Other than that game is legit. Keep up the hard wook.
The galaxy is flat.

Jdast
09.22.2019 , 12:06 PM | #2
3/10

+1 for spelling duel correctly

+1 for proper use of "literally" vs. "figuratively"

+1 for proper use of "than" vs. "then"

I love Sunday forum posts!

Dasty

DarkTergon
09.22.2019 , 12:33 PM | #3
no to chat bubbles....ewww.

if you're on fleet and want to duel, you can always go to your ship hanger, and invite the person in. Not the best option, but it's all you have t the moment
No Idea if people use these, but if so, here's my referral link
http://www.swtor.com/r/jFXFFQ

SteveTheCynic
09.22.2019 , 01:18 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by MK-ULTRA View Post
Allow duels in the cartel market area and the cantina area.
I"d be happy if they just plain nuked the duel feature, or at least fitted it with an auto-decline checkbox in the Preferences panel.

And you need to pay more attention to where you are: the area at the other end of the north (Pubside) / south (Impside) elevator on the Fleet is the *Cartel Bazaar", not the "Cartel Market". (And neither of them sells gear that is good for anything other than Fashion Wars: the Old Catwalk anyway.)
http://www.swtor.com/r/Hg3sV2
To go to Belsavis, you must go to Belsavis.
> @"Biff.5312" said:
> Exercise your whimsy.

Phazonfreak
09.22.2019 , 03:27 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by MK-ULTRA View Post
ALSO we need chat bubbles. I hate looking at the chatbox. Just give chat bubbles an 8 meter range around the player. Chat bubbles are very immersive and actually work.
It's not that BioWare disagrees with chat bubbles being immersive and actually working. But as they have explained before, the (wholly inappropriate) engine is not suitable for chat bubbles and implementing them would lead to massive fps drops in large groups, just as was the case with public PvP on Ilum und why it had been removed.

For old time's sake:

https://youtu.be/4PTDo9cgk2c

IoNonSoEVero
09.22.2019 , 05:28 PM | #6
If I have my chatbox turned off because I don't want anyone bothering me, it means I don't want to talk. A chat bubble popping up and blocking my view of whatever I am trying to do is going to get my attention but it is not going to make me want to talk to you either, it's just going to annoy me.

The cantinas are supposed to be sanctuary/rest areas with no fighting. As in, a place in the game people can go where they won't be bugged by duel requests. I'd hate to see that change.

I'd also appreciate an auto-decline for duels. I think this is something that has been requested multiple times over the years. Seems silly not to have it considering they have auto-declines for everything else.

Jdast
09.22.2019 , 05:36 PM | #7
4/10

Another + 1 for hook, line and sinker.

Dasty

Latherfal
09.22.2019 , 07:02 PM | #8
I don't think Fleet is a good place for that.

But much of most of the Promenade on Nar Shaddaa would be a suitable location. Could extend the range of the duel radius so people could use a larger portion of the area.

MK-ULTRA
09.23.2019 , 01:51 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Phazonfreak View Post
It's not that BioWare disagrees with chat bubbles being immersive and actually working. But as they have explained before, the (wholly inappropriate) engine is not suitable for chat bubbles and implementing them would lead to massive fps drops in large groups, just as was the case with public PvP on Ilum und why it had been removed.

For old time's sake:

https://youtu.be/4PTDo9cgk2c
Roger roger.
The galaxy is flat.

Kraysk
09.23.2019 , 02:00 AM | #10
Chat bubbles are by far the worst thing that would ever happen to this game.
Huge NO. Thanks, we don't need that. If they'll gonna implement such horrible thing i will stop my subscription immediately.

As for duels in cantina area or Cartel Bazaar - why not.