I <3 SwTor. Do you?

apexmachine

Good Evening, ladies and gentlemen! Gamers around the world!

People have been posting a lot about how bad swtor is, and how it's not going to last and the game is being killed. Well, I find that incredibly frustrating. Whining, whinging and the trolling of elitist gamers puts off new players and decreases the enjoyment of a game, far more than any bugs that Bioware are currently wrestling with. So I want to do something different. I want to talk about why I (as a gamer and casual MMo'er) LOVE Star Wars: The Old Republic.

I encourage you to do the same! If you love SwTor, tell me why!!!

As a huge fan of their previous releases; Mass Effect, Jade Empire & KOTOR, I knew I was going to have to buy the game and give the subscription a good old try. I levelled my main (and my first character) as a Sith Inquisitor (DPS Sorcerer.) He is now lvl50, and I still have that same attatchment.

THE STORY...

... was awesome. I was captivated and inspired. It felt personal, and I came to have a real sense of attatchment to my character. In previous mmo experiences, I felt very archetypical and less individual than I have in this game. And that gave me a huge sense of immersion in the world.

THE PVP...

... is adrenalised chaos. I love the fast-paced, aggressive, chess-like fights that is getting improved all the time. I just got nerfed with the Wrath/Chain lightning combo, but to be honest I can understand why. It hasn't, however, changed my pvp experience at all. It is still the same intense, heart-pounding experience I have come to enjoy. The sheer intensity of the warzones vs republic or your own imperial players, is as mental and chaotic as always.

- Hutt Ball, is an incredible inventive way to promote co-ordination and tactics in a pvp team. It's just plain FUN. None of the stats matter to me in Hutt Ball. I simply do not care who kills who (Unless it is an inventive use of the obstacles) and frankly, prefer to win as a team, whilst enjoying myself in the chaos. Getting close to the line, almost dying and then scoring = Big smile.

MY GUILD...

... we have a very active pvp guild. I love my guild! They are funny, entertaining, ridiculous and well-humoured. They rarely nerd-rage and are very good players with a chilled-out attitude. AWESOME.

THE PROSPECTS...

... are ENDLESS! It's only been four months, guys. Seriously. Yes there are bugs, and some features are still missing. But if you wanted a mmo that was 10 years perfected, you would have had to have waited 20 years for it's release!

- LFG selector, with raids, FPs and ops all selectable it will all make pve a whole lot easier!

THE WORLD...

... of Star Wars is incredible. While I can still strike up a lightsaber and fight with it, explore the worlds on a speeder, and experience the intricacies of the story as it progresses, I will always enjoy this game!

So the bottom line is, I am happy with the game. Always there are tweaks that need to be made, but that is true with EVERY game that has ever - or will be - created. Nothing is perfect, unless you get out what you want from a game.

FUN.

EXPERIENCES.

FRIENDS.

God bless you, SwTor. You are my new best friend.

Great post. I like to hear some enthusiasm about the game. I also enjoy it very much.

My favorite thing about the game is: I get to play as a force user, or iconic starwars classes in an MMO. Not to mention it's set in, and around my favorite era.

It's a dream.

The game is good - but it's nothing exceptional. I was really worried about replayability - and I was right; the 2nd time through is a not nearly as fun as the 1st time, and the third time through is absolutely miserable.

But hey, it's WoW with lightsabers - that makes me pretty happy.

Great Post.. I love this game for many of the same reasons that you do.. Although I am on the other side with a Consular/Sage.. I love the stories and the immersion you get from them.. I feel I value even my companions opinion aty times... I love being a Jedi in a MMO, it just feels good.. I love PVP, I feel like a mofo at times.. Sure we have problems like bugs and server population, but I feel they will be fixed in time. I am here for the lnghaul BW. Keep up the great game.. Screw what the naysayers say all the time and stick t what you do best.. Make epic games..

I <3 this game.

I've played... WoW, Aeon, Rift, WAR, Anarchy Online and several other MMOs and this is by far my favorite.

I've played many of the Lucas Arts Star Wars games since back in the days of Star Wars: X-Wing. (X-Wing, Tie Fighter, X-Wing vs Tie Fighter, the Jedi Knight series etc...) and I LOVE SWTOR.

Space missions have a lot to do with it aside from it being Star Wars. ^_^ I love space missions. (While not as "free" as X-Wing and Tie Fighter as far as control etc... it's still hella fun to have shoot down and blow up ships... now... if only there was ship to ship PvP.... :D)

And the story lines (thus far) are AWESOME. ^_^

Edited by LupieZero

I actually have a char for every class. and am taking my time through the storylines. THAT is one of my favorite aspects. Not only that my toons have voices! Thats a win imo. I love having my own ship and npcs to order around. Yes there are glitches..... ya'll should've seen STO CB and even OB and Live... THAT was considerably worse than TOR's launch. Give the game time. It has a huge amount of potential. Four months and people are cancelling subs because its not perfect... ~really?~

I too love the story lines. I want to see all sides of each story, but sometimes that can be hard. I wanted to play a vicious and cruel sith lord, but I felt so bad every time I shocked Vette:( I love the voice acting in the game (most of it anyway) and think they did a great job in nearly every aspect.

I always thought I missed out because I never got into SW galaxies (I was overseas a lot during that time frame) so I'm glad SWTOR came along so I could play in the star wars universe!

quisitor (DPS Sorcerer.) He is now lvl50, and I still have that same attatchment.

THE PVP...

... is adrenalised chaos.

Damn, you get that easy! Your heart won't last for long! :p

Yep I love this game it's great. :D I hear a lot of people complaining, but I don't care because this game is right for me. I grew up loving Bioware titles (Baldur's Gate 2, Kotor) and with SWTOR it keeps getting better.

There's always going to be the haters and whingers who, like spoiled children, start crying when you take their toy away. It's been funny reading over all the posts of people wanting some developer to be sacked, threatening to cancel their subscriptions, saying the game is underpopulated, etc etc. That has been my morning's entertainment while servers are down, gave me a lot of laughs :p

People have been posting a lot about how bad swtor is, and how it's not going to last and the game is being killed. Well, I find that incredibly frustrating. Whining, whinging and the trolling of elitist gamers puts off new players and decreases the enjoyment of a game, far more than any bugs that Bioware are currently wrestling with. So I want to do something different. I want to talk about why I (as a gamer and casual MMo'er) LOVE Star Wars: The Old Republic.

As a huge fan of their previous releases; Mass Effect, Jade Empire & KOTOR, I knew I was going to have to buy the game and give the subscription a good old try. I levelled my main (and my first character) as a Sith Inquisitor (DPS Sorcerer.) He is now lvl50, and I still have that same attatchment.

THE STORY...

... was awesome. I was captivated and inspired. It felt personal, and I came to have a real sense of attatchment to my character. In previous mmo experiences, I felt very archetypical and less individual than I have in this game. And that gave me a huge sense of immersion in the world.

THE PVP...

... is adrenalised chaos. I love the fast-paced, aggressive, chess-like fights that is getting improved all the time. I just got nerfed with the Wrath/Chain lightning combo, but to be honest I can understand why. It hasn't, however, changed my pvp experience at all. It is still the same intense, heart-pounding experience I have come to enjoy. The sheer intensity of the warzones vs republic or your own imperial players, is as mental and chaotic as always.

- Hutt Ball, is an incredible inventive way to promote co-ordination and tactics in a pvp team. It's just plain FUN. None of the stats matter to me in Hutt Ball. I simply do not care who kills who (Unless it is an inventive use of the obstacles) and frankly, prefer to win as a team, whilst enjoying myself in the chaos. Getting close to the line, almost dying and then scoring = Big smile.

MY GUILD...

... we have a very active pvp guild. I love my guild! They are funny, entertaining, ridiculous and well-humoured. They rarely nerd-rage and are very good players with a chilled-out attitude. AWESOME.

THE PROSPECTS...

... are ENDLESS! It's only been four months, guys. Seriously. Yes there are bugs, and some features are still missing. But if you wanted a mmo that was 10 years perfected, you would have had to have waited 20 years for it's release!

- LFG selector, with raids, FPs and ops all selectable it will all make pve a whole lot easier!

THE WORLD...

... of Star Wars is incredible. While I can still strike up a lightsaber and fight with it, explore the worlds on a speeder, and experience the intricacies of the story as it progresses, I will always enjoy this game!

So the bottom line is, I am happy with the game. Always there are tweaks that need to be made, but that is true with EVERY game that has ever - or will be - created. Nothing is perfect, unless you get out what you want from a game.

FUN.

EXPERIENCES.

FRIENDS.

I'm with you all the way ..

Something should seriously be done to stop the QQ'ers around here . I rarely come to the forums anymore just o avoid them. Then I log into TOR and enjoy every moment of it.

The UI got to much for me so in frustration over it I unsubbed and basically did not touch the game for about a month until the 1.2 went on test. I tried it and resubbed right away.

Been playing on PTS until now and it feels good to be going back to the live servers again :)

This game is FOUR months old FOUR. Some crying wow babies around here really need to either go back to their silly little game or start acting like grownups and understand that fixing these things are not something you do over night.

For me the game is now as it should have been at release and I'm going to get into it again.

I just wish we could talk about all the cool stuff they have done in this patch instead of going.

"buhuuu they gave is a free month , they SUCK" ( whats that even about ffs )

"buhuu now they give us a free day as well , they suck" ( what can you say to that )

I'm TIRED of all the BUHUUUUUU Meme's trying to sound like they should be running the game industry.

Bioware you are doing a great job .. PLEASE do not get intimidated by the morons that come around here ( probably payed QQ proffesionals from other MMO's ) ( yes that exists )

Go TOR go .

THE STORY...

THE PVP...

MY GUILD...

THE PROSPECTS...

THE WORLD...

FUN.

EXPERIENCES.

FRIENDS.

thx for this, finally some positive posting :) i Love Swtor aswell! i agree!

After years of playing MMOs, starting with Ultima Online back in the '90s, I've come to realize that no one game can be perfect. What I consider fun and engaging is another persons nightmare. Sure, there are things that I wish TOR had done (Nautolans and Wookiees, more appearance options, more body styles, more more MORE!), but all in all, this is a STAR WARS game.

Go ahead and call me a fanboi, cuz that's my shoe size, bub. I grew up on the original trilogy. It's also a BioWare game, and they did themselves justice. I remember saying to a lot of my friends that I'd be cool with them making KOTOR an MMO. Just straight up, slap it on a server so I can play with my friends. Well, I got one better, and I'm pleased as punch.

Like I said, I've been playing MMO's for fifteen years (I'm friggin' OLD!), and I've only ever reached max level in two games: City of Heroes, and SW:TOR. Seriously, I'm a terrible altaholic. Ultima, EQ 1 and 2, CoH, WoW, LOTRO, DDO, SWG, DAoC, WAR, dozens of terrible f2p's I can't be bothered to remember...and I've only had the drive to cap out in two games?

I love the stories. I love the hum of a lightsaber. Do I want more? Heck yeah. Do I think BioWare's gonna give me more? Heck yeah. Maybe not everything I want, but at the end of the day, I'm content with what I've got.

Go ahead and call me a fanboi, cuz that's my shoe size, bub. I grew up on the original trilogy. It's also a BioWare game, and they did themselves justice. I remember saying to a lot of my friends that I'd be cool with them making KOTOR an MMO. Just straight up, slap it on a server so I can play with my friends. Well, I got one better, and I'm pleased as punch.

Same.

Edited by EnsignSorrow

this sounds like a swtor employeee stating that the game doesnt suck well dont believe this post at all since it got the update that nerfed empire charactors and gave all republicans a incress in damage it now sucks so dont believe it when they say its better balanced because it is not

thanks for listening

mark

Crickets...

Wrong day for this post.

Actually the crickets churped for your response; not the OP.

Anyway, I agree 200% with this post. It still baffles me how people that allegedly hate this game continue trolling, whining, and posting on forums for a game they claim to hate? Just like the little brats in school, it is an attention-getting scheme for those that think their world and their version of reality is the only one that exists.

I think this game does a lot of things that no MMO has done before. The only thing that WoW really has on this game is cross-server ques for pvp and dungeons. If Bioware adds that feature it will solve a lot of problems with claimed low-populations and other difficulties.

Honestly, I have been an avid WoW-player for its entire existance. And, it does have a lot to offer, but this has more to offer for Star Wars fans. That is what is important to me. The biggest problem I have had with ANY MMO, including this one, is not the game - it is the people. People suck - plain and simple. People ruin it. The game itself is absolutely amazing. Some of the responses I see that it is, "just OK", I would really love to hear from them what game is amazing? I'll bet they will have no answer... People in this day and age and this world are so friggen flakey. No, the game is not broken dudes; the people ARE.

this sounds like a swtor employeee stating that the game doesnt suck well dont believe this post at all since it got the update that nerfed empire charactors and gave all republicans a incress in damage it now sucks so dont believe it when they say its better balanced because it is not

thanks for listening

mark

A SwTor employee? Nope.

Server : Nightmare Lands

Player: Kilaar Novak

Actually the crickets churped for your response; not the OP.

Anyway, I agree 200% with this post. It still baffles me how people that allegedly hate this game continue trolling, whining, and posting on forums for a game they claim to hate? Just like the little brats in school, it is an attention-getting scheme for those that think their world and their version of reality is the only one that exists.

I think this game does a lot of things that no MMO has done before. The only thing that WoW really has on this game is cross-server ques for pvp and dungeons. If Bioware adds that feature it will solve a lot of problems with claimed low-populations and other difficulties.

Honestly, I have been an avid WoW-player for its entire existance. And, it does have a lot to offer, but this has more to offer for Star Wars fans. That is what is important to me. The biggest problem I have had with ANY MMO, including this one, is not the game - it is the people. People suck - plain and simple. People ruin it. The game itself is absolutely amazing. Some of the responses I see that it is, "just OK", I would really love to hear from them what game is amazing? I'll bet they will have no answer... People in this day and age and this world are so friggen flakey. No, the game is not broken dudes; the people ARE.

RWAR! Well-said that man!

The negativity sprawled all out in the forums will put off new players. But anyways, this is not a debate thread. This is just for people to be happy about the game and to tell others why!

I also like the new news terminal in the Imperial Fleet. Ha! The immersion continues, and will only ever get even stronger!

I'm having fun. I'm eager for more upper level content, I want to continue to save the Galaxy with my Jedi Guardian. That said, I'm enjoying the trooper story line, and my Smuggler babe is starting to get interesting. (Don't mess with her. She WILL hurt you.)