If I were going to "fix" Rage/Focus...

BurnedRemains

...I'd do the following. First make Shockwave only grant it's stacks after the entire Force Choke or Force Crush is finished ticking. What I mean by that is that if they are interrupted/cleansed mid channel, no Shockwave is granted. If they are left alone, the user gets the full 4 stacks. Leave auto crits after jump on and make each tick of Force Crush and each hit of Slash have a 25% chance of finishing the cooldown on Smash.

What this does is keep the spec viable via allowing the player to spam more smashes more often while keeping the damage relatively low. Now, this has potentially MORE dps viability than before but with the handicap of having to wait for channeled attacks to completely finish or spam a rage spender.

Most logical thing I could come up with for all the Rage/Focus cry babies on here.

Bioware is at fault here for making smash the only damn ability that revolves around the spec.

If you have a spec that revolves around only 1 ability, the ability will be very strong.

That's why smash spec is so easy, you literally do nothing but wait for 1 ability to go off cd.

Anyways, Bioware obviously has no clue how to balance pvp in SWTOR. There's been massive imbalance ever since the game launched. More imbalanced than WoW ever was, and that's a big feat.

Edited by wombinator

I think they should just remove the auto-crit on leap/obliterate. Currently, rage/focus can completely ignore crit and just stack power/surge. Maybe give it a % crit chance increase or something, but I think removing auto-crit would help.
Yeah that's probably the biggest problem with it. Not the auto-crit in itself but that it allows you to completely ignore a stat and boost another. There are other specs in this game where you can completely dump a stat but the consequences for your opponents arent as noticeable.

I think they should just remove the auto-crit on leap/obliterate. Currently, rage/focus can completely ignore crit and just stack power/surge. Maybe give it a % crit chance increase or something, but I think removing auto-crit would help.

Or remove the +15% crit on slash and dispatch, because you're not going to kill anyone with smash only

Combat/Carnage is my preferred tree whenever I'm on my mara/sent, even with bubble stun being as it is. And if Massacre/Blade Rush is 90% of your rotation you are doing something very wrong. Do you use it a crapload? Yes. 90%? No.

It's still pretty close :p

If you really want to fix the Rage tree I'd leave it exactly as it is but change the shared tree between Juggs and Marauders to Vengeance instead of Rage.

On a Jugg the spec is fine, its just Marauders with the Jugg PvP set bonus, escape mechanism and multiple defensive cooldowns that make it OP.

If you really want to fix the Rage tree I'd leave it exactly as it is but change the shared tree between Juggs and Marauders to Vengeance instead of Rage.

On a Jugg the spec is fine, its just Marauders with the Jugg PvP set bonus, escape mechanism and multiple defensive cooldowns that make it OP.

Not a vengeance player, why would marauders want it?

While i'd like to try vigi on my sent, why do you say that maras are better in focus spec than juggs?

Yes, maras have def cooldowns, but juggs do more damage on each smash

6% more str, 6% more base damage on force abilities, free blade storm and push (it can crit for 3k btw

Jugg with 4 stacks smashes for what a mara with 5 stacks would smash for.

Do you know why Smash need to be Overpowered?

Because Warriors has NO 4sec STUN. The other classes can control the targets, warriors can not.

Force Choke can be interrupted by another person just pressing the skill "interrupt"... It's channeled, do damage but it's a low damage, warrior needs to stay in the same spot, It's not compared a 4sec stun like other classes have.

Intimidating Roar breaks on damage, 6sec aoe mezz.. Flashbang is 8 sec, why? I'm serious, why flashbang has 2sec+?

breaks on damage, so it's not a hard stun, you can not kill someone using a mezz like other classes can kill the target using 4sec stun plus being able to do damage.

The only control that warriors have is Force Push for Juggs and Guardians... It's a 1.5sec stun, pfff.

Force Charge/Leap causes Root.. Root do damage on you? No, but it's a crowd control.

Bubble stun will be nerfed, smash will be nerfed, jugg/guardian will cry because the other tree is crap for PVP, marauders will roll Carnage (stacking only power/surge).

Rage

Change obliterate to a 4m ability. Remove the root.

When using obliterate it places a debuff on the target which causes the next smash to autocrit. All players surrounding said target will roll at the normal crit rate. Lower obliterates cooldown to 12 seconds.

Smash no longer costs rage. Set it's cooldown to 12 seconds.

Remove the shi cho armor penetration.

Force crush no longer slows the target. Instead it grants 2 stack of shockwave each second over 2 seconds. and grants 30% armor penetration for 5 seconds. Lower force crush's cooldown to 9 seconds.

Remove shockwave stacks on choke.

Give obliterate, vicious slash, force crush and force smash the 30% surge bonus.

Get rid of shockwave stacks on berserk and enrage.

Parse to ensure that the single target damage outputs are in line with other dps specs.

Edited by JackNader

Rage

Change obliterate to a 4m ability. Remove the root.

When using obliterate it places a debuff on the target which causes the next smash to autocrit. All players surrounding said target will roll at the normal crit rate. Lower obliterates cooldown to 12 seconds.

Smash no longer costs rage. Set it's cooldown to 12 seconds.

Force crush no longer slows the target. Instead it grants 2 stack of shockwave each second over 2 seconds. and grants 30% armor penetration for 5 seconds. Lower force crush's cooldown to 9 seconds.

Remove shockwave stacks on choke.

Give obliterate, force crush and force smash the 30% surge bonus.

Get rid of shockwave stacks on berserk and enrage.

Thanks for the huge buff... 9sec cooldown force crush omg!!! 30% surge bonus, omg do you want 11k smash?

Bioware is at fault here for making smash the only damn ability that revolves around the spec.

If you have a spec that revolves around only 1 ability, the ability will be very strong.

That's why smash spec is so easy, you literally do nothing but wait for 1 ability to go off cd.

Anyways, Bioware obviously has no clue how to balance pvp in SWTOR. There's been massive imbalance ever since the game launched. More imbalanced than WoW ever was, and that's a big feat.

Mercs/Mandos might disagree with you, tracer/grav is not all mighty.