Ancient Hypergate - Thoughts?

Azrienov

Personally, I think it's a load of garbage for three reasons.

1) It does nothing to advance the Imp-pub war. You're fighting... over a gate... there's a whole galaxy to kill each other over, and you're fighting over a gree gate. At least huttball was a novel concept.

2) the mechanic is just bad. Grab balls of light, and carry them to a pylon. But you can steal pylons to flip the score around and yaaaaay.... it's another node game where if you have more nodes then the enemy you win. There's a pattern here. I'd rather them introduce a new warzone experience like "Orbital Assault! Attack enemy positions and capture landing pads to drop reinforcements. Destroy defensive emplacements and anti-air weapon systems. Each one earns x amount of points. Void star flip, most points wins the match." and make it for 20-30 players on each side. Then ensure that the gameplay isn't linear. you can attack whereever you want to and so on and so forth. If you don't like that, you can just make it so the republic is under attack and is shuttling reinforcements in from a space port so it fits better and there isn't a need to flip.

3) its got three principle areas. The pylons and the mid. It's EXACTLY like civil war's structure. Hell Novare too. It's nothing really exciting or original.

Edited by Azrienov

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

overall, the mechanics are just meh. really all you need to do to win is cap one node and then dominate the middle room. you dont really need to get the bring the orbs back to the pylons if you are straight up better at killing the other team.

however, despite the ridiculously straight-forward mechanics, i still see a TON of people who have no idea how to do anything. id imagine that the next warzone will further degrade into being an basic TDM with no objective meta game

all i understand about it is you take a node till the timer runs out and it explodes. its like Khaines Embrace from warhammer online, but Khaines Embrace was better designed. i dont think it fits in this game. i dont enjoy it at all.

Khaine's Embrace was a fun warzone though. . .

Its been designed for people who play the Sims and own a Nintendo Wii - because if it was any more complex, they would be screwed. Personally, it is a dull warzone and if I get it, I simply leave the game. If this is the best they can come up with, the future of PvP isn't bright at all

Are you people on crack? It's the best warzone Bioware has come up with and it is the best for 1 reason alone. "You get punished severely for being a stupid ****."

*The map is even. It takes the same amount of time to get from the spawn to each pilon as it does for the enemy faction.

*You can't see how many people are going to each node until you are committed to taking a side.

*Holding 2 pilons is always better than holding 1 and trafficing orbs or landing kills. Taking 2 pilons is not easy. You can also take 1 pilon and then attack their pilon and stall their cap for the entire round by playing smart. This also can blow up in your face especially if you are severely outnumbered.

*People can solo defend a node from 1 attacker by standing a good distance away from the pilon. 1 stealth can take the node from you with ease if you are standing right next to the node.

*The round resets periodically re-balancing the fight.. The strongest team can lose at any point if they **** up.

Are you people on crack? It's the best warzone Bioware has come up with and it is the best for 1 reason alone. "You get punished severely for being a stupid ****."

*The map is even. It takes the same amount of time to get from the spawn to each pilon as it does for the enemy faction.

*You can't see how many people are going to each node until you are committed to taking a side.

*Holding 2 pilons is always better than holding 1 and trafficing orbs or landing kills. Taking 2 pilons is not easy. You can also take 1 pilon and then attack their pilon and stall their cap for the entire round by playing smart. This also can blow up in your face especially if you are severely outnumbered.

*People can solo defend a node from 1 attacker by standing a good distance away from the pilon. 1 stealth can take the node from you with ease if you are standing right next to the node.

*The round resets periodically re-balancing the fight.. The strongest team can lose at any point if they **** up.

Totally agree, this is probably my favorite WZ, and i think once everyone fully understands the the amount of tactics involved with it they begin to like it more and more. I know that on the Repub fleet on PO5 its been talked about being one of the best wzs from multiple guilds, and the only ones that don't really like it have no idea how to play it. At first i was just kind of bleh about it, but i gave it time and eventually came around to it.

Its not Huttball but I like it.

It feels fast and keeps the game moving. My only complaint is there are no defender points for the one guy who gets stuck guarding the node so there are no ninja caps. Otherwise, works pretty well.

It is a breath of fresh air for me. I can see why some don't want the nodes though. If they try experimenting a bit more, future warzones may look more diverse.

Are you people on crack?

No, it isn't. If you try to hold both pylons you have effectively eliminated half of your team from supporting the other half.

Holding one, and then the center is far more effective and allows for players to support one another better if one of the areas gets hit hard.

I like it but it is pretty much a rehash of coast and civil war. something new or even more basic would be nice.

One thing that would be nice is a area defense points for deffending a pylon. If there where people would defend more. many of my gate losses are due to no D.

I'd like a warzone that is just all out kills, no goals other than to kill as many of the other side as you can Basically instanced open world PvP.. basically TDM

or something like coast but only one node.. i think its called king of the hill?

I dislike it with such a passion that it's actually made me sit back and think exactly how much do I actually enjoy this game anymore.

why :((( ?? it's a decent map. It's not that great for snipers though, the problem with the mid, is that you will most often be overrun by zerg.

you need to be able to get defender medals, for guarding it

and yes i could see the empire and republic fighting over some sort of super weapon but not like this

^THIS... I always get stuck on guard duty so at the end the match I look like a piece of **** and get hardly any comms or valor

No, it isn't. If you try to hold both pylons you have effectively eliminated half of your team from supporting the other half.

Holding one, and then the center is far more effective and allows for players to support one another better if one of the areas gets hit hard.

Try ninjaing the opposing pylon with 45ish seconds to go and holding. MUCH more effective than single pylon and mid holding.

I've only had three matches... so far I dunno, I kinda like it- I got one match where I ninja'd the second pylon twice, and managed to lock down the four who came to kill me right before the super killing blast thing- was kinda fun.

But yeah- you don't seem to get many objective points for actually doing the objectives... that needs a fix.

Glad you like it.

The mechanics are actually very easy and have been done before.

It's just another cap-and-hold variation, nothing novel.

Even territory does not mean even playability for all classes.

Just as Huttball is biased in favor of gap closer classes, this map is biased towards stealthers.

*Holding 2 pilons is always better than holding 1 and trafficing orbs or landing kills. Taking 2 pilons is not easy.

Yes it is incredibly easy and has practically happened every wz that I have been in so far.

6 secs capping < than stuns from 1 stealther

No, they cannot (see above) - and there is not enough time to call incoming.

Not to mention that defending is not rewarded, hence (premades aside) nobody wants to guard.

Lastly, the brawl in mid is really just a gear check - if you are in recruit gear, don't go there.

In fact, if you are a non-stealther in recruit gear and not carried by a premade, skip this entire warzone.

You'll be glad you did, because there is nothing useful for you do there.

Yes, come-backs are possible and that's about the only good thing this wz has to offer.

You can flip the score by quick take over of enemy pylon before end of the round to basicly reduce all of their points for this round. I would like to see enemys face when I do that mua ha ha.

it's not bad WZ, mostly death match with a bit of suprize attack...

but then again, I like all warzones...

Edited by Atramar

I like the new warzone.

And im very happy, we got a new WZ at all.

I hope we get even more Warzones in the future and i agree, Hutball was a outstanding concept while AH is more the classical capture game, but still ... a new WZ :D

There is a unexpected lot of players, mainly doing only the PvP game(s).

I hope they gonna improve the PvP game even more.