Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

KOTOR remastered with Unreal engine

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
KOTOR remastered with Unreal engine

FlameYOL
10.11.2018 , 03:51 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by grania View Post
That's a terrible shame. I actually bought the game recently (I've been playing swtor for years and never touched a kotor game) and I'm sorry to admit that I'm having kind of a hard time getting into it. There are a few different reasons I suppose, but it sure wouldn't hurt if the game looked a bit, well, you all know what it looks like. Try to imagine how it looks to someone who's playing it the first time in 2018. I woulda used that mod in a heartbeat.
Yeah, I was also really looking forward to it. Although it was always a possibility that this would happen it doesn't make the situation any less disappointing.
A man can have anything...If he's willing to sacrifice everything

MikeCobalt
10.11.2018 , 08:11 PM | #22
Lucasfilm stomps Apeiron. That's too bad really it surely was creating a buzz and already copies of the original were being purchased so the Mod could be played for those that hadn't played it already. A Resurgence in an already Star Wars favorite was starting and Lucasfilm instead of fanning the (Star Wars) flame stomps it out. I guess if there's no money to be made nobody should have fun. Really sad when the Lawyers and Dollar signs outweigh the people.

Reminds me of CBS running around stomping out Star Trek TOS *Like iterations wherever people create them for a show they didn't even like decades ago.

FlameYOL
10.11.2018 , 10:03 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by MikeCobalt View Post
Lucasfilm stomps Apeiron. That's too bad really it surely was creating a buzz and already copies of the original were being purchased so the Mod could be played for those that hadn't played it already. A Resurgence in an already Star Wars favorite was starting and Lucasfilm instead of fanning the (Star Wars) flame stomps it out. I guess if there's no money to be made nobody should have fun. Really sad when the Lawyers and Dollar signs outweigh the people.

Reminds me of CBS running around stomping out Star Trek TOS *Like iterations wherever people create them for a show they didn't even like decades ago.
Yeah it's sad, I get they got to protect their IP but c'mon the thing would require an original copy of the game... alas it's the world we live in.

AdrianMusic
10.12.2018 , 12:10 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by grania View Post
That's a terrible shame. I actually bought the game recently (I've been playing swtor for years and never touched a kotor game) and I'm sorry to admit that I'm having kind of a hard time getting into it. There are a few different reasons I suppose, but it sure wouldn't hurt if the game looked a bit, well, you all know what it looks like. Try to imagine how it looks to someone who's playing it the first time in 2018. I woulda used that mod in a heartbeat.
i completely understand. Iv finished it few times when it came out and it was (and still is) one of the best games i ever played. Than i downloaded it recently for good old times and i couldn't even get off taris cos of graphic etc. so its not about you its just...its old

Kailaurius
10.12.2018 , 07:07 AM | #25
Capitalism.

Arumyr
Yesterday , 10:25 AM | #26
What I would like, and I know it may be an unpopular opinion, but a truly singleplayer KOTOR-like game with current-gen graphics and some FPS-style, or TPS-style mechanics, but truly being an RPG of the highest degree. You can literally choose what you want to be, through actions you make, similar to KOTOR (for example, I denied being a force user in any way, attempting to stay as far from being known as one as possible, and only using blasters and vibroblades, wanting to just be a Mando. It wasn't very easy, as the game WANTS you to be Revan, but imagine a game where you aren't tied down to it.

SWTOR is a step in the right direction, but a truly open-world game without hotbars or set attacks like KOTOR, where you can honestly just be what you want to be?

Think of it kind of like this: Cyberpunk 2077 (I think that's the name) but Star Wars, multiple planets and 100% open world and RP centric. It'd be a paradise, imho, but I honestly doubt something like that would be possible. It can't be monetized out the wazoo, and there's no multiplayer for lootboxes to be shilled. So as much as I'd like this to be a reality, I doubt it'll happen.
Leader of Clan Tal'haat, Triumvir of the Nau'ur kad Aliit

Referral Code: http://www.swtor.com/r/YymgJj -- feel free to use it!

FlameYOL
Yesterday , 12:27 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Arumyr View Post
What I would like, and I know it may be an unpopular opinion, but a truly singleplayer KOTOR-like game with current-gen graphics and some FPS-style, or TPS-style mechanics, but truly being an RPG of the highest degree. You can literally choose what you want to be, through actions you make, similar to KOTOR (for example, I denied being a force user in any way, attempting to stay as far from being known as one as possible, and only using blasters and vibroblades, wanting to just be a Mando. It wasn't very easy, as the game WANTS you to be Revan, but imagine a game where you aren't tied down to it.

SWTOR is a step in the right direction, but a truly open-world game without hotbars or set attacks like KOTOR, where you can honestly just be what you want to be?

Think of it kind of like this: Cyberpunk 2077 (I think that's the name) but Star Wars, multiple planets and 100% open world and RP centric. It'd be a paradise, imho, but I honestly doubt something like that would be possible. It can't be monetized out the wazoo, and there's no multiplayer for lootboxes to be shilled. So as much as I'd like this to be a reality, I doubt it'll happen.
Agreed, while KOTOR is better in terms of choices-that-matter I really love the RP versatility vanilla SWTOR has with multiple classes to play through each with a unique story to them.

DarkSanguinem
Today , 02:14 PM | #28
Looks good now let's hope the mouse stays away from this but that's unlikely
Use this code to get 7 days of subscription and some more freebies!
http://www.swtor.com/r/SsyHyN