Collector's Edition Store Items (Details Inside)

idras

http://i.imgur.com/dwEZ9.png

So I had a quick chance to play a friend's account with a collector's edition, in order to check out the exact items of the mysterious Collector's Edition Store.

The picture linked below shows the exact items available from the Collector's Edition Vendor at the Imperial/Republic fleet. The Empire selection was obtained with a Sith Warrior, the Republic selection with a Jedi Knight. Both of these characters were level 2.

As we can see, there is one special pet, and a number of appearance kits. Also, a set of fully moddable gear. I'm not entirely sure whether I was able to see all appearance kits or not, since there were only appearance kits for the the very first companion of specific classes. I only went there with low level characters after all.

Oh, there's also a separate "VIP Vendor" available in the "VIP Lounge", selling a mount for 1.5 Million Credits for everyone with access to the "VIP Lounge" ("VIP Vendor" and "Collector's Edition Vendor" are 2 separate things).

http://i.imgur.com/dwEZ9.png

Edited by idras

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm guessing those are items just for Bounty Hunter and Empirial Officer and the store will be different based on the class you're rolling?

No, I went there with a Sith Warrior and a Jedi Knight. As I stated in my post though, I'm not entirely sure whether that's the entire selection of items available (due to low level) or whether the items differ by class. I doubt the latter though, seeing I could buy a companion kit for Mako (Bounty Hunter companion) with the Sith Warrior.

Not a big fan of the moddable gear for CE owners, kind of a pay to win thing.

Considering I could fully mod the social 1 hat that anyone can buy for a pittance to be equal to or better than gear with similar mod level stats, its hardly pay to win. Just getting a different look. (and you can buy/get moddable gear elsewhere)

Those gear can be FULLY modded into any level with any stat, as long as you have the right "Armoring" (determines armor value, and some stats), "Mod" (determines a large amount of stats) and "Enhancement" (also stats).

Contrary to the mod system present in some earlier beta builds before EGA, the current mod system is actually very close to what DE originally claimed: "you can dress as a sandman and still raid competitively."

Edited by GhoXen

Considering I could fully mod the social 1 hat that anyone can buy for a pittance to be equal to or better than gear with similar mod level stats, its hardly pay to win. Just getting a different look. (and you can buy/get moddable gear elsewhere)

Moddable gear elsewhere has restrictions on it. The full social set requires much more than social 1. I was in the beta for 7 months I know how the system works.

It depends on what, if any, restrictions the CE stuff has.

moddable gear is far to easy to obtain for this to really be an issue whatsoever, purely an aesthetic perk for them is all.

It depends on what level you can wear the full set. A full set of moddable gear is not easily obtainable early on. You have a weapon, probably a chest piece, and maybe something else in the level 20-30 range.

EITHER WAY, it is a game play advantage no matter how you spin it unless the set requires level 50 to wear.

VIP Vendor is the guy it costs a million credits just to get into the VIP lounge right? Don't Deluxe/CE people get the pass free, they still just gotta pay the 1.5 Mil for the mount?

That's correct. Anyone who has access (be it from CE/DDE, or by paying 1 Million Credits with the Standard Edition) to the VIP Lounge can buy the speeder for 1.5 Million Credits.

Moddable gear elsewhere has restrictions on it. The full social set requires much more than social 1. I was in the beta for 7 months I know how the system works.

It depends on what, if any, restrictions the CE stuff has.

It depends on what level you can wear the full set. A full set of moddable gear is not easily obtainable early on. You have a weapon, probably a chest piece, and maybe something else in the level 20-30 range.

EITHER WAY, it is a game play advantage no matter how you spin it unless the set requires level 50 to wear.

I'm currently in EGA, and I can tell you that fully moddable gear are as common as dirt. They are offered via quests, dropped in flashpoints in place of loot that were previously only blue, and can be bought outside social vendor (the gear not bought from social vendor tends to look less unique compared to non-custom gear).

For example I'm only a level 20 Trooper and I already have 3 custom chest pieces, one from Esseles drop, and the other are quest rewards. I moved my best mods into the best looking one, and vendored the other two. I also had 4 custom assault cannons. I vendored two since only my companion and my character use those weapons.

Edited by GhoXen

Both sets require level 29 to wear.

I'm currently in EGA, and I can tell you that fully moddable gear are as common as dirt. They are offered via quests, dropped in flashpoints in place of loot that were previously only blue, and can be bought outside social vendor (the gear not bought from social vendor tends to look less unique compared to non-custom gear).

For example I'm only a level 20 Trooper and I already have 3 custom chest pieces, one from Esseles drop, and the other are quest rewards. I moved my best mods into the best looking one, and vendored the other two.

Yeah, chest pieces. You have more armor slots, unless you are wearing chest pieces on your legs..

Both sets require level 29 to wear.

Hmm that doesn't seem so bad then. I still don't like the idea. I feel that the CE store should only have silly consumables and social/novelty items.

Offering actual gear on it is a slippery slope type of thing and if a day comes where they actually offer something on there that gives a game play advantage I will cancel my account instantly.

CE owners should get unique stuff, they paid extra, they shouldn't get an advantage over other players.

MMhhh wait a minute, let's clear this up please.

So the Collector Edition people have special items... but they have to PAY for them in game (up to 1.5 million credits for their supposedly included speeder)?

:ph_lol:

Ok. So Digital Deluxe and CE owners get a VIP pass to the VIP area. Anyone who didn't buy one of those versions of the game can buy access to this area for 1 million credits. The VIP area sells a mount and is like a little bar to hang out.

The CE owners get access to a special vendor that nobody else has access to and nobody else CAN get access to at any time in the future unless they happen upon a collector's edition somehow.