The Star Wars: The Old Republic Community Cantina Tour Arrives in Cologne, Germany!

TaitWatson

Yesterday, they announced via social media that one of the "voice actors" they talked about in the e-mail is going to be Darin De Paul, the voice of Emperor Valkorion. I expected him to be there since he already appeared at the SDCC cantina tour.

However, since the e-mail said "some of the voice actors", I wonder who else will come. Unless it is typical marketing hype and there will only be one voice actor.

Looking forward to meeting the Emperor next week! :)

Maybe it's just all 3 voice actors of Valkorion? :p

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been thinking about coming to the event.

As I live in Belgium this is the only one close enough to visit.(bout 3 hours driving)

However I'm not sure what to expect and can't really find much info on it either.

Is this solely a meet and greet as in, you are expected to bring questions and interact?

Or will there be demonstrations/video material of what is to come and you can attend to listen and take in new information?

I'm more the quite type that likes to listen/watch so I'm wondering if my profile fits for a visit.

Can people who have attended before shed some light on what to expect?

Thanks

There'll probably be Eric Musco (community manage, you might have seen him here on the forum or on some livestreams) + 2 developers around. It usually starts with a welcome and then they give infos about what's coming up / news. There's also questions and answers, a quiz where you can win some goodies... uuhh...

After about 1 - 1 1/2ish hours the "official" part is over. Thn you can get free food and drinks (for 2 hours or so, after that you have to pay) and it's just "hanging around" with the above mentioned folks, talking with them about all and everything you can think of, not just SWTOR^^

Why doesn't Bioware do a cantina tour in Austin - where they are mainly based at?! I would gladly drive there, not take a flight to California or Germany

They have done a few in Austin. At this time they are trying to do Cantina Tour stops at large events that have a wide cross section with their target demographic and player base to allow the highest attendance. Take a look at the places chosen. Anaheim during celebration, San Diego during ComicCon International, Cologne during Games Con. All of these events are major events with international travel already planned by a portion of this game's population. They are also located geographically such that it allows a larger base of players to plan a small get away to get to an event.

My only word of warning would be don't plan on attending any stops based around PAX in the future if this year is a road map :p

As I live in Belgium this is the only one close enough to visit.(bout 3 hours driving)

However I'm not sure what to expect and can't really find much info on it either.

Is this solely a meet and greet as in, you are expected to bring questions and interact?

Or will there be demonstrations/video material of what is to come and you can attend to listen and take in new information?

I'm more the quite type that likes to listen/watch so I'm wondering if my profile fits for a visit.

Thanks

I will also be attending alone, but I'm going because at least once I want to have been there to see what it's like, and if I never go again after that I at least know what I'm missing (or not). We can also meet up for a beer and do silent people watching together. ;-)

I will also be attending alone, but I'm going because at least once I want to have been there to see what it's like, and if I never go again after that I at least know what I'm missing (or not). We can also meet up for a beer and do silent people watching together. ;-)

Yeah I'll just go and see, it's 3 hours driving + 3 hours back but than at least I know what it's all about.

Been playing this game for 3 years so it feels like I had to attend at least once.

I'll see you there. :)

Thanks

What would I give for 3 hour drive. It is 7 hours from where I live (so I have to stay overnight around Cologne), and I am still going.

Last year it was mostly meet and greet (and free bar up to 8PM, I think, then you had to pay for your drinks).

Everybody got a flashdrive on entry with new pictures and promo stuff and code for pet, then there was roughly hour of Developers talking about new stuff, bit of Q&A and then it was a free roam around the place, drinking and talking to developers and other people about whatever.

Edited by Aries_cz

What would I give for 3 hour drive. It is 7 hours from where I live (so I have to stay overnight around Cologne), and I am still going.

Last year it was mostly meet and greet (and free bar up to 8PM, I think, then you had to pay for your drinks).

Everybody got a flashdrive on entry with new pictures and promo stuff and code for pet, then there was roughly hour of Developers talking about new stuff, bit of Q&A and then it was a free roam around the place, drinking and talking to developers and other people about whatever and grabbing some codes for friends and a dozen flashdrives because they would have them thrown away anyway.

You forgot something

They sent out another e-mail: http://ebm.em.ea.com/c/tag/hBVupBWB7uvlmB9EGd1NtXuXoAj/doc.html

Get a first look at Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ - Knights of the Fallen Empire Gameplay at Gamescom.

So it looks like we'll see a chapter from KotFE even before the August 26 livestream. :) From what I understand though, the gameplay will be shown at the cantina tour, not the press conference, which means it won't be livestreamed, at least not by EA.

They also included the time for the press conference (10am), the last e-mail just had the date.

But most interesting is the part about who's going to be there:

• Old e-mail: Join members of the Community and Development teams as well as some of the voice actors from Star Wars™: The Old Republic™.
  • New e-mail: Meet the voice behind the Eternal Emperor, Valkorion!

So I guess we can stop hoping to meet more than one voice actor. :(

In other news, sadly the next WoW expansion will be revealed at the same time as the Thursday cantina tour. I guess you could watch the reveal and then head over to the hotel but you'd miss the first 30 minutes or so of the cantina tour. But I'm not going to take any chances, I'll rewatch the WoW livestream after the cantina tour.

Edited by Jerba

• Dev Post

Hey folks!

As a quick heads up, we are going to be closing down pre-registration for the Germany Cantina later this afternoon. We will be closing it down around 3PM CDT / 10PM CEST.

Thanks everyone, see you in Germany :)

-eric

In other news, sadly the next WoW expansion will be revealed at the same time as the Thursday cantina tour. I guess you could watch the reveal and then head over to the hotel but you'd miss the first 30 minutes or so of the cantina tour. But I'm not going to take any chances, I'll rewatch the WoW livestream after the cantina tour.

Well, pretty sure it will be reveal like pretty much most games are "revealed", a trailer or teaser. Any actual info will surely happen at Blizzcon in November at best, with expansion launching some time next year.

Rest of the "reveal stream" will be about HotS, Heartstone and Overwatch.

So you will probably not miss much by not seeing that, if you actively follow WoW.

However, I agree it might steal SWTOR's "media interest", which is sad. But then, maybe not, with Force Awakens so close, gaming media might try and feed on the "Star Wars related searches" as well

email came through about this cantina tour offering up info on the outlander story. so not long now until some details are discovered. should be interesting anyway.

Even better, it will happen during EA's Press Conference on 5th, a full day before first Cantina Tour date.

so just to get everything clear will the cantina tour be live streamed like the 1 in April was, or no?

and will the outlander info and game play happen at cantina tour or press conference?

Info and Gameplay is promised for EA Press Conference, that will be streamed via Twitch or at http://livetoplay.ea.com/gamescom-press-conference

No info on if there will be a stream from Cantina, or what additional info will be given out there. We know that VA for Valkorion will be there, but that is about it.

Edited by Aries_cz

Two warnings for peeps not from the area :

1.) Weatherforecast say it will be 33° on thursday and 27° on friday.

So, if you're fat like me bring a towel. 8-)

2.) The local dull parody of a beer (Kölsch) isn't considered "beer" by real Germans. You must have been born in Cologne and force fed that stuff, from your fathers breasts, to like it. 8-P

Cheers

Blega

Edited by Blega

[quote=Blega;8360510

2.) The local dull parody of a beer (Kölsch) isn't considered "beer" by real Germans. You must have been born in Cologne and force fed that stuff, from your fathers breasts, to like it. 8-P

Blega

the "beer" can't be as bad as dutch beer can it?

the "beer" can't be as bad as dutch beer can it?

I certainly cannot be as bad as American beer...

Which reminds me of this joke

What do American beer and sex in canoe have in common?

Both are fu*king close to water :D

Edited by Aries_cz