The Star Wars: The Old Republic Community Cantina Tour Arrives in Anaheim, California!

TaitWatson

Well Anaheim is not my Frontdoor, is there anyone who can give me an answer if this tour is also coming to Europe for example? seeing this tour in Amsterdam would be nice. i hope there is someone from the organizing committee who can give me an answer

Willem

In Europe, they usually have it at GamesCom in Cologne, Germany (not the main area, but a hotel lounge nearby). It is usually on Friday, so this year, it should be on 7th of August (GamesCom is 5th-9th).

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dev Post
Please offer these for sell on the cartel market at some point. There are only hundreds of thousands of player who will never have the time, opportunity, convenience of location, or means to visit a cantina tour event.

First, we have no plans to introduce any of our Cantina exclusive items to the Cartel Market. That being said, as part of our ongoing improvements to Cantina's, our new mounts are going to work completely different than how our pets have in the past.

Without going into detail yet, even if you don't go to an event there are definite ways to get the mounts! We will be talking details on this when we do our next livestream which we should be announcing the date for soon.

-eric

First, we have no plans to introduce any of our Cantina exclusive items to the Cartel Market. That being said, as part of our ongoing improvements to Cantina's, our new mounts are going to work completely different than how our pets have in the past.

Without going into detail yet, even if you don't go to an event there are definite ways to get the mounts! We will be talking details on this when we do our next livestream which we should be announcing the date for soon.

-eric

Thanks for the response. I sincerely hope you're going to offer a means to obtain these mounts that's considerate of the entirety of your players as opposed to those just geographically convenient to the five or so places you visit every year.

• Dev Post
Thanks for the response. I sincerely hope you're going to offer a means to obtain these mounts that's considerate of the entirety of your players as opposed to those just geographically convenient to the five or so places you visit every year.

It is 100% around those players who cannot attend the Cantina and it is not at all based on geography or anything like that :rak_03:

-eric

All good points! Like I said in San Antonio we are really working to change the Cantina experience, to make it more valuable to all of you. However, we know that you guys getting to talk to developers is one of the best parts of the event and that absolutely isn't going away!

I also saw some others ask about Boston. We are still planning to do a livestream in place of the Boston event. I just want to make sure we lock down that date and I will let you know!

-eric

It would be nice if you could stream or record and post at least any formal presentation portion of these events, and maybe even "press release" information to your fan sites so news from these events doesn't rely on a participant deciding to share.

It would be nice if you could stream or record and post at least any formal presentation portion of these events, and maybe even "press release" information to your fan sites so news from these events doesn't rely on a participant deciding to share.

This has been brought up in the past and they considered it but it would be too much of a hassle to set up. Keep in mind that they travel very light, they put all the flash drives and giveaways into their suitcases. Taking along a camera and streaming computer as well as another person to set up and operate it would be way too much work for a small cantina tour.

Also, while pretty much every venue they go to has Internet, you need to have a very good connection for livestreaming, especially a high upload rate, and most conference rooms are not made for that.

In the current form, they promote SWTOR fansites like Dulfy which IMO is a good thing. It is a little unfortunate that we learn about the Q&A from write-ups that may spread false information, but we've also gotten more and more video recordings of the Q&A section so it is not too much of a big deal to not have an official livestream.

Edited by Jerba

-eric

So... I'm not going to say it's been like 2 months since our last live stream.. but its been 2 months already (Crazy Hair "Aliens" look worn while shaking hands in air).. when we going to see these happen again? Not having them is a PR bomb waiting to happen.

FYI.. lots of folks wanna know more about...

- Fix to Cartel Cert drop rate on Slot Machines (Unresolved, undocumented, unnerf, uncool)

- WHEN are we getting details on Costume Designer? Blog was mentioned a while back.. NOTHING since..

- 12xp - in some fashion for Legacy Wide perk has been tossed around

- "Better than Cross Server PVP" - This is a big one for PVP folks

- PVP Level range bump? Move cap from level 30 to like 45 or something.

FYI.. lots of folks wanna know more about...

- Fix to Cartel Cert drop rate on Slot Machines (Unresolved, undocumented, unnerf, uncool)

- WHEN are we getting details on Costume Designer? Blog was mentioned a while back.. NOTHING since..

- 12xp - in some fashion for Legacy Wide perk has been tossed around

- "Better than Cross Server PVP" - This is a big one for PVP folks

- PVP Level range bump? Move cap from level 30 to like 45 or something.

Sorry, I can't agree with you. Those issues were taken to the community team and we got a yellow post on them, sometimes even multiple times. Accept the answer they gave you and move on. I just can't standing hearing another question about the slot machines, that ship has sailed and it is clear we won't get a change on the drop rates. In fact, since there was so much QQ about it, all chance of getting a slot machine for other reputation faction has been ruined.

We won't get any details about the Costume Designer, 12x XP and x-server ideas until they are willing to share it. If you bring it up, we'll just get another "We can't talk about it yet" answer but I guess we can try.

However, I agree about the mid PvP bracket; I don't think we got a yellow post on that yet and it would be great to hear their stance on it.

Edited by Jerba

Well, sorry as a customer when told we will hear about it soon I just expect SOON is not the week or two before the change happens.

BW has been failing at communication a LOT lately and I'm going to point that out. Two (2) months just for a livestream date to be published? PLUS the fact a "Blog on Costume Designer" is coming during PAX was announced. Not seen anything beyond what SWTOR_Miner has provided via 3rd party. Lack of communications by Community team is clearly a problem. I love the game, but I hate not getting information after being told it's coming.

Cartel Cert's was NOT addressed so you see QQ for good reason my friend. Not mentioned in Eric's yellow posts and not even in the patch notes. Was a ninja nerf with all the items that DID need nerfing and just not called for without some explanation (IMHO). I think it's a great chance to have a decent credit sink, but existing model is crap and waste of credits for no value. (No the mount is not worth it - buy the Yavin 4 one its better)

Edited by dscount

Well, sorry as a customer when told we will hear about it soon I just expect SOON is not the week or two before the change happens.

BW has been failing at communication a LOT lately and I'm going to point that out. Two (2) months just for a livestream date to be published? PLUS the fact a "Blog on Costume Designer" is coming during PAX was announced. Not seen anything beyond what SWTOR_Miner has provided via 3rd party. Lack of communications by Community team is clearly a problem. I love the game, but I hate not getting information after being told it's coming.

Cartel Cert's was NOT addressed so you see QQ for good reason my friend. Not mentioned in Eric's yellow posts and not even in the patch notes. Was a ninja nerf with all the items that DID need nerfing and just not called for without some explanation (IMHO). I think it's a great chance to have a decent credit sink, but existing model is crap and waste of credits for no value. (No the mount is not worth it - buy the Yavin 4 one its better)

It was mentioned at the last cantina that they are not making any more updates to it (the slot machines) due to the backlash they got. This WAS addressed and answered a while ago

Edited by MisterBlackJack

It was mentioned at the last cantina that they are not making any more updates to it (the slot machines) due to the backlash they got. This WAS addressed and answered a while ago

Actually it was PAX and Eric gave a half-baked answer to the question and NO they didn't say anything about no more updates (Time was about 7 min into). Unless I missed a Cantina (Boston was cancelled). Summary: Basically, yes the players reporting it 100% correct and the data showed it was in error. During yellow posts on the topic during the time Eric mentioned changes to REP and JAWA stuff, but NOTHING about Cert's being changed. Patch notes.. NOTHING about Certs, Eric's notes NOTHING about Certs... Sorry.. this has not been addressed on CERTS change.. rest I totally agree are a done deal.

Oh yea and he hyped up the "Mount" as being a great value for 750 credits. LOL :D

Sorry.. the CERT's is a pending response and I'll keep asking until it's addressed. Even if it's not the answer I want to hear. But unless it's brought up (QQ as others call it) it won't show up on the BW radar screen. They read and listened to feedback from the community as the changes made had been a direct impact from folks reporting the issue in the first place.

Actually it was PAX and Eric gave a half-baked answer to the question and NO they didn't say anything about no more updates (Time was about 7 min into). Unless I missed a Cantina (Boston was cancelled). Summary: Basically, yes the players reporting it 100% correct and the data showed it was in error. During yellow posts on the topic during the time Eric mentioned changes to REP and JAWA stuff, but NOTHING about Cert's being changed. Patch notes.. NOTHING about Certs, Eric's notes NOTHING about Certs... Sorry.. this has not been addressed on CERTS change.. rest I totally agree are a done deal.

Oh yea and he hyped up the "Mount" as being a great value for 750 credits. LOL :D

Sorry.. the CERT's is a pending response and I'll keep asking until it's addressed. Even if it's not the answer I want to hear. But unless it's brought up (QQ as others call it) it won't show up on the BW radar screen. They read and listened to feedback from the community as the changes made had been a direct impact from folks reporting the issue in the first place.

The "not touching slot machines anymore" can be generalized and assume to include not making any more changes to cert as well

Wow, it's been a little over 24 hours and the Facebook event page already has more than 280 guests planning to attend. Most previous events were in the range of 150 to 200 guests on Facebook. The only exception would be the San Diego Comic-Con 2014 (700 guests) and the E3 2014 (300 guests).

It is reassuring to know that a Star Wars convention will draw in more SWTOR players than a gaming convention. Two years ago, I made the suggestion to hold a cantina tour at Celebration Europe since it would be the best place to get new SWTOR players but sadly, they rather went to the big gaming conventions. Hopefully, a large crowd at this event will cause them to reconsider and hit more Star Wars-themed conventions in the future.

But man, this place is going to be packed. Let's hope the Community Team already rang up the Hilton to request a bigger room... :D

Edited by Jerba

I am really looking forward to the Cantina event. I will be at the Star Wars Celebration all day and can't think of a better way to end my day. I have never been to a Cantina event before and can't wait to meet the devs , fellow players, and get a cool exclusive mount. My wife on the other hand... I have a feeling she may not enjoy it as much. There is a very probable chance that she will run away and drive back to SD without me.

Hey, are these tours going to be limited to the USA, or is there any chance we may one day see you here in Argentina? I'd politely point out that Buenos Aires is a big city, with a total of 12-15 million people in the greater metropolitan area, (12.7 million Metro, according to Wikipedia, but that's from a 5-year old census). Furthermore, an event like this would also draw people from across the river in Uruguay; Montevideo is only a couple hours away by ferry.

We do tend to be neglected here in the Southern Cone, mostly because of outdated impressions of Latin America. But the younger generation here is just as tech savvy as Americans are, and I say that as one who was born and raised in San Diego, California. Argentina is not a 3rd world country :)

Edited by ElZaguero

I am actually fine with "Exclusive" items being just that, exclusive. In fact, I encourage it and wish there were more exclusive items in game.

you miss the event, you shouldn't be able to receive the same gifts.

lets be honest

there will be a reskin of every "exclusive" item put on the CM within 2-6 months after said item is released

I agree, though the Attendees can give their codes to friends and Guildies, their cousins, and lovers, and on and on and on lol.

I agree, though the Attendees can give their codes to friends and Guildies, their cousins, and lovers, and on and on and on lol.

I just heard this from someone as well. Supposedly when they enter in the event code to claim their speeder they'll be given 5 new codes to pass along, and when each of those 5 people enter in their codes they will also each receive 5 new codes, and so on and so on. Viral expansion. Everybody will get codes to pass along. (Unless the guy I heard this from misread or misunderstood the info wherever he got it from.)

Sooo.... Who has a code to share?

We’re happy to announce that the next stop in the Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ Community Cantina Tour will be happening on Saturday, April 18th, in Anaheim for STAR WARS: Celebration!

Read More

Please tell us a release date for TOGRUTA im begging you.

ATL? When?

During Dragon Con would be an ideal time, especially since there's been an unofficial SWTOR meetup panel there the past couple years that's grown every year. Last year, the room was surprisingly packed.

Edited by HeatRacer