Force alignment

FingerMouse

Arrrhhhh

Help me!

I have wasted 24 commendations buying two different lightsabers, for which, I am always told, I do not have the correct force alignment. First time I made a mistake in that the lightsaber was 'virtuous' something or other, so maybe that was a clue that it was for goody goodies. Next time I bought one (just now) it was called 'vile' something or other: I thought, well, that's me!! Sith sorcerer. Does it mean that I can never use it because of my class, or just that I am not yet 'evil' enough to use it? If so, is there a way of knowing when I will be evil enough to use it?

Many thanks

Most equips that have an alignment requirements don't just require "light" or "dark" but also the rank like "Light II" or "Dark IV" so even if you are playing dark side and bought a dark alignment lightsaber maybe you're at rank 2 when it requires 3, for example so check that on the character sheet like the previous poster said :)

Personally, I cannot stand being pigeonholed into something. Light or dark.. unfortunately, for now you must choose, or you miss out on some equipment like speeds, and relics (of while you have to be one or the other). Please hurry with the neutral, I do not enjoy being forced to choose evil or good. Just let me play and get my relics.

• 2 weeks later...
FYI when you are buying something, the tool tip will have red text showing the requirments that are not met by your character. If it's red, you can't equip it. Edited by Owsley

Just an aside note. If the Lightsabers in question were Orange. You can always take the Mods out and place them into a Lightsaber that you can use. Only the item self is bound to a type of faction not the mods inside it.

Is there a way to reset you path or to take all in one side and go to the other?

You can't 'reset' it back to zero, but you're always free to choose options from the 'other' alignment. Choose enough of them, and eventually your alignment will switch.