Manaan stronghold - can't access Rooftop Garden

tuulem

It's funny. I replaced the lamp with another one. Elevator worked. I restored the lamp back -- elevator did not work. I changed X-coordinates of the lamp. Now elevator works again. What a hell is going on? =))

Just in case it helps whoever on the dev team is investigating this:

After reading other comments in this thread, I was able to access my Manaan Rooftop Garden level again by moving the rug in that last section of hallway in the Entrance zone (the one where the lift is located). Removing the rug deco entirely worked, but it also worked to move the rug exactly -19 ticks on the Y Offset (away from the lift). I did this with the Corellian Rug. Note that it worked at -20 as well, but -18 or less made the rooftop inaccessible again.

Goodness only knows why this should be a problem (especially since I have other decos placed much closer to the elevator in that area with no trouble), but hopefully the detail helps.

Removed the rug (Simple Merchant's Rug) from hook nearest elevator. Still no Rooftop Garden access. Put it back and slid it to -19 on the Y axis (away from the elevator), still no Rooftop access.

Removed the "Basic Ceiling Light (Yellow)" from the Large Ceiling hook nearest the elevator, with rug still slid back from the elevator, and elevator worked. Slid rug back to "0" position, and elevator failed again. PIcked up the rug entirely, with light still removed, and elevator again worked.

Placed an Ornate Merchant's Rug (the little brown postage-stamp sized one) on the floor hook, in its "default" position, and the elevator still worked properly. (Didn't bother to try sliding it closer to the elevator).

Tried a variety of other decos in the ceiling hook, and elevator still worked. Put the Basic Ceiling Light back up, and elevator failed again.

Went back to one of the "working" decos, the Czerka Ceiling Light, but rotated it 90 degrees, to better align with the hallway, and elevator again failed. I then slid the light back to 20 on the Y axis (away from the elevator, apparently the Y axis + and - on the ceiling is opposite what it is on the floor) and the elevator worked again. Tried moving it closer and found that at Y 7 the elevator worked, but at 6 or less it failed.

Also found that the slider refused to stay put at various positions. Put it at 10, exited Edit mode, entered Edit mode again, slider was at 9. Put it at 5, exit Edit mode, enter Edit Mode again, it was at 4. Set it to 6, it stayed there, likewise at 7.

So something about the combination of ceiling and floor covering decos, possibly further tied to certain specific decorations and their positions and/or orientations, is interfering with the elevator transporting characters to the Rooftop Garden.

And after all that, it seems the only thing that's changed, besides the wonky elevator, is they increased the number of hooks we need to use to get the place "fully decorated", without opening up any more space in which to put 150 more decos. :mad: So now I have to decide if I really want to clutter the place up even more to get it back to 100%, or just leave it as is.

Edited by Adric_the_Red

And after all that, it seems the only thing that's changed, besides the wonky elevator, is they increased the number of hooks we need to use to get the place "fully decorated", without opening up any more space in which to put 150 more decos. :mad: So now I have to decide if I really want to clutter the place up even more to get it back to 100%, or just leave it as is.

Load up on basic metal chairs. Find unused medium/medium narrow hooks near walls/pillars, convert them to small ones. Stick a chair down and shove it in the wall. Can also stick pets under the fountain edges, pets/chairs under bigger decorations. Hell, I've even managed to get two identical decos stacked on top of eachother by a cunning use of small hooks.

i have the same isue with the rooftop room and the extra hook on manaan i don't understand why they added more hooks on Manaan i think there is a conection to the extra hooks and that we can't enter the rooftop room :mad::mad: Edited by AntoonHell

Why would you need it? The amount of hook usage isn't tied to anything I know of now, is it?
Nothing "important", no. But the % completion affects your "prestige" score for the SH, which in turn affects how high it appears on the list on the SH terminal. Which makes it easier for other people to find and visit, if you have your SH set to "public".

Mostly, I just figured if they increased the number of hooks you need to use to get to 100% completion, they maybe increased the actual space available to put them in, and was disappointed they didn't. Like, I dunno, maybe adding some connection to the "landing pad" area where the Starship hook is.

Hey folks,

This is planned to be addressed in 5.9.3! Thanks.

-eric

@Eric - Can you kindly give us some more info about this? Namely, related to the sudden extra hooks added to the SH, are we going to lose those once the access to the Rooftop is fixed? Were those extra slots intentional? For those of us who have filled those slots (because our OCD dislikes less than 100% completion), what happens if they were not intended and go away with the elevator fix?

These are other issues that have been mentioned/asked alongside this bug that have yet to be addressed.

Thanks in advance.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I had to replace the floor covering with a different one that did not come too close to the elevator. Corporate lobby and hotel rugs don't work. Smaller coverings or tiles moved well away from the elevator fixed the problem.