Regarding server queues

StephenReid

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only way to get BioWare's attention is to contact them on twitter... I see they answer people all the time there... it's really stupid that they don't post replies in the forums.

Edit: I am on the server: The Red Eclipse and I've been waiting for 2 hours now.

Edited by aBaDmAn

if they don't fix this soon i'm out, cancelling my sub and going back to WoW. I bet Blizzard are lmaorofl'ing right now!

Fix it ffs! Been in a queue in five hours now and counting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How many times you been kicked out of that queue?

Feel kind of depressed now seeing as they just launched another US East Coast server when they have several East Coast servers only showing standard and light at the moment and our poor English servers are showing mostly Full with a few Heavy. :( Edited by Zendarion

Sick of logging out to eat and this happening, gonna find a way of staying logged in position 1143 and 1hr20 que Ive been there half an hour allready, I aint getting back in tonight

Ans BW look at all the other servers you have seriously done something rude to the pooch on this one

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v258/retro620ti/Ques.jpg

After being in queue >800 there was a server error, after I was down to 100

now I'm queued again >1000 and it says 1h05min... ok, the 800 down to 100 had already taken more than 1 1/2 hours

guess this will now really take some time

Hope they get the queues fixed soon - I love the game ;)

nope havent been discounneted thankfully if i had i would be really angry.

maybe someone should start something on facebook or get something on one of the gaming sites maybe that will get there attention that customer are **** off before the game is even offically out

They just opened a new PVE and PVP server for EU.

Awesome.

Now if they could just move a 50/50 population of Empire/republic to the PVP server and we'd be all set.

Course, they wont do that. So who will be scrapping their level 30-something characters and their 100+ guilds and friends to move to the new servers?

Position in queue: 269.

Wait time: ~5 hours.

Edited by AlexanderB

Guys, try be realistic for a minute. And yeah, i play on Tomb of Freedom Nadd and i'm now in the 6th hour of queue with 360 more to go in front. So 2h more prolly.

THEY WILL DO NOTHING TILL 22

Why? Couse they have ZERO CONTROL on how many preorders REMAIN. You could preorder, get a key and get early acces but in same time CANCEL your order at the store... so you get basic free game for 7 days, after that game over. Bioware acts in this belief, atm they have ZERO ideea how many of curent players are legit players and not jumpers for couple of free days .

They extended grace period for EA to 22 witch in my oppinion relating to this queue mess it's a big error and i'm 100% sure they will DO NOTHING till 23 december. After that they will see how many players they actually have. And maybe then they will rise server cap.

You think they won't do anything until the 22nd? If Bioware leave it as things stand, come 22nd they'll have left such a bitter taste in people's mouths that Blizzard will retract their freebies for people who buy a 12 month subscription.

I don't mind queues.

It's early access, I expect small technical problems with the game in the first month or so. Beyond that, I might get annoyed, but for now, I'm enjoying the game.

It takes alot to fix que issues, look at rifts launch.

not for everyone?

No, it's not

If your PC doesn't meet EA/BW's specs, the game is NOT for you

If your internet provider cannot handle massive downloads, then this game is NOT for you

If your internet provider repeatedly cuts out because of incompetence at the provider level, then this game is NOT for you.

This game is NOT for everyone.

Agree, definitely agree ... but on 20th ...

We'll see. It aint the 20th yet, and they've already said "We're looking at it". People are just whining and being impatient. Not a surprise considering the "you owe me everything" generation we're living in.

1. Dont know how others, but I have payed for the pre-launch! It was 8 euro or something like that .... fairly expensive "subscribtion" for 5 days, but OK! I wanted it even I expected problems ... so pre-launch is NOT free!

Wrong answer

You're paying a DEPOSIT on the pre-order (which is refunded in the form of credit on the order). NOBODY paid for pre-order, or for pre-launch play. If you did, that's not EA/BW's problem, as THEY didn't charge you one penny for it. Take THAT up with your provider

2. The game doesnt entitle you to play with friendz?

Absolutely correct. The game doesn't guarantee you'll play with your friends. Please, do point me to where in any terms BW/EA state

We guarantee you'll be able to play with your friends, guildmates, besties, girlfriend, etc

or any resemblance thereof. They DON'T, because THEY CAN NOT!

Yes, you want them to do so. Yes, I wouldn't mind playing with my friends (all of whom have abandoned WoW), but you know what? If I don't get to, it's not EA/BW's fault.

The queuing problem is going to be solved, you just have to give them the time to do it. It may take a week, it may take a day, it may take a month or two, but you know what? It WILL be solved. All the trolling and whining about

Give me my access to my server and my besties now, damnit, or I quit

is nothing more than 2-3 year old, childish temper tantrums.

Edited by TomWhiting

Since my thread was closed I'll repost this here to get some much needed attention. http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=456846#post456846 - source

Jeff Hickman wrote up a nice little piece about the server queues and how they realise that there are problems with queueing. I'm sad to say that this post hardly even touched on how most customers actually feel right now.

As far as understatement goes, this post doesn't even belong in the understatement ballpark. I've seen launches and had my share of queueing, but never for more than an hour.

Waiting in a 5 hour queue as a paying customer is just unacceptable. Bioware receives money from their paying customers in return for a service delivered to them.

You could say that Bioware are indeed delivering their service, if you were to say that logging into a server that has standard load is an option.

The problem is, however, that Bioware placed me and my guild on a server that is constantly full.

This is why it's Bioware's problem to come up with a solution that's better than, suck it up or create a new character.

Creating a new character is not an option for a lot of people. I've already invested time into my character when the server load wasnt this high. I've got my entire guild on that server and we can't move the entire guild. My guildmates have friends on the server that we were deployed on. We've all made new friends on the server that we were deployed on. These are just a few of numerous reasons, why just moving to a less crowded place, is not an optimal option.

Something needs to happen and it needs to happen fast.

Hollow statements like; "We're constantly monitoring servers.", and "Balancing servers is part art, part science", hardly acknowledge the problem.

Bioware just need to come out and say: Okay we messed up real bad. We tried to stagger early acces to ensure a smooth launch, but we failed. Right now we're doing our best to increase server capacity, or give you alternatives to move you and your guild.

Twisting and turning around the real problem at hand is one of the most frustrating things you can do to a paying customer.

I just want to hear that you understand the gravity of the issue. That you're working on a real solution, instead of saying that you're "monitoring" the situation. I'd even be more pleased to hear that you're not doing anything to alleviate the stress on full servers, so I could take my money elsewhere.

Other companies that have had comparable issues during launch have let their customers know that refunds were given, or that free playable days were going to be added.

The most reliable source for information so far has been twitter through @Rockjaw, which is absurd.

I'm just disappointed in a company with such a clean trackrecord as Bioware/EA has, that the flow of information regarding this problem isn't as transparent towards their customer base as it should be.

And BW look at all the other servers you have seriously done something rude to the pooch on this one

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v258/retro620ti/Ques.jpg

Oh look there's my server (Bloodworthy) with a 1600 player queue that I'm waiting on 650 more people after 2.5 hours :)

Edited by GroundXaero

I don't mind queues.

It's early access, I expect small technical problems with the game in the first month or so. Beyond that, I might get annoyed, but for now, I'm enjoying the game.

;) depends how long you have to wait, but sure there will also be bugs long after the launch. The game is so huge that it's just normal to have issues in the beginning.

But still I hope the issues can be fixed quicklyn:)

my thread just got closed but i had to vent my rage

OK so I got my invite on Thursday, but I have to say this is ridiculous the whole way the game was released was the only word what could actually describe it would get me banned so I will say laughable the game has potential to be one of the biggest mmo's the world has seen.

Guild deployment is a laugh for one, we got put on the most populated EU server where it takes an hour minimum to get in before 9 am GMT!!!!!! what's even more ridiculous I was in a flash point which I waited ages to get a group for got a DC and the wait que was 3 and a half hours!!!!wait time for a in game DC THAT IS UNACCEPTABLE no way to get back in.

Most people will be saying " yeah its not properly released yet blah blah blah" and "don't play the game then" well here is what I say **** you don't chat **** This is not a post for you,

its a very good game but this wave thing was as stupid as it gets especially for an established company like EA

Server first achievements gone before you even get to level 2 hardly any feedback from customer service this needs to be sorted this is not a beta we paid in advance for this service which we were guaranteed, when the game gets fully released are you trying to tell me there are going to be even longer wait times??? imagine dcing in raid and getting no progress because of a DC, this may seem a little dramatic but this games been anticipated since the rumours of the game were released and EA must have done research regarding what keeps customers happy so why the **** have they still messed it up over populated servers, the que times are longer than waiting for buzz kilington to say a joke you might find remotely funny!!!!! Seriously sort it out me and others have wasted more time queuing than it would take to get a character to level 20 the games only been out for 144 hours and I have personally spent 9 hours queuing and I have had the game 3 days much QQQQQQQQQQQQQQ

Something needs to happen and it needs to happen fast.

Hollow statements like; "We're constantly monitoring servers.", and "Balancing servers is part art, part science", hardly acknowledge the problem.

Bioware just need to come out and say: Okay we messed up real bad. We tried to stagger early acces to ensure a smooth launch, but we failed. Right now we're doing our best to increase server capacity, or give you alternatives to move you and your guild.

EXACTLY!!! take responsibility. it goes A LONG WAY with customers!

The thing i don't understand is the number of persons in the queue. For 1200 people it would take 1h20m to login. They cannot let 1 person in per second. I mean, how long does it take to authenticate and connect a player? If there isn't a queue, logging in seems instantanous to me. So in that case it would take maybe a second. But with the queue, it's taking a lot longer. Maybe a bug on the server side? Edited by Bijlemans