New Galactic Starfighter Guide

Magira

It may be a bit early for this - for example I'm still trying to figure out the optimal Clarion build (I've heard mixed opinions on the usefulness of EMP and Shield Projector for Gunship support..). It's clear Yuun is preferable over Tharan for Engines now, however.

I've only been flying Pike for days now and have already tried a lot of things. But of course, this should not be the thread that will end up with the different configurations. It should also be better managed by someone who is more competent and reliable than me. (Verain e. g.) :D

But this is a place where you could gather ideas.

It may be a bit early for this - for example I'm still trying to figure out the optimal Clarion build (I've heard mixed opinions on the usefulness of EMP and Shield Projector for Gunship support..). It's clear Yuun is preferable over Tharan for Engines now, however.

Yuun was always better than Tharan. The choice has always been between Yuun and C2-N2.

Edited by RickDagles

• 2 weeks later...

So, now I got to play my "old" ships. Two of them were hit hard.

My minelayer: Actually, even not much changed. The slightly higher bleeding is compensated by the better hydro.

But: Up to now it was mainly battlescouts that have taken me apart in seconds, but now also all ships are equipped with Rapid Lasers. True nightmares are the ships with EMP (Clarion, Nova). Even a spearpoint is now a danger. My survival under Sat has been halved, if not more. Switching to overcharge would mean giving up the Beacon, without shield power converter brings overcharge quite little.

My little GS (Condor): Hit three times with Burst Laser, Disto and Slug. And yes, all this together is clearly noticeable.

The Condor is still one of my favorite ships. The Condor did get an improvement in rapid reload (faster slug shots), more hull damage from slugs, 5% more engines from C2-N2/Blizz, and improved range on missiles. Also, with Strikes being more present in the meta, interdiction missiles are finally a great option. Edited by RickDagles

The Condor is still one of my favorite ships. The Condor did get an improvement in rapid reload (faster slug shots), more hull damage from slugs, 5% more engines from C2-N2/Blizz, and improved range on missiles. Also, with Strikes being more present in the meta, interdiction missiles are finally a great option.

Well, good points. Maybe I should try the other lasers and use directional shields.

Well, good points. Maybe I should try the other lasers and use directional shields.

Yeah you could go with this build: http://dulfy.net/2013/11/16/swtor-galactic-starfighter/?link=dGEAAAEHAQEAAQAA8gHyAuwA4APgAOAC4ADgA+A=

However, I think BLC is still by far the best option on this ship. The way of dealing with Strikes is a lot different than dealing with scouts. In the past you basically wanted to run away from a scout until his cooldowns were finished, then turn around and hit him with BLC/wingman + cluster missiles. Against the now popular Strikes, I think the optimal strategy is not to run away when they attack -- instead you want to stay really close to them. This prevents them from hitting you with HLC (high tracking penalty) and protons. If they don't run away from you, then you can kill them with BLC and interdiction missile. If they are smart try to create some space, then you quickly switch to railgun and land a snap shot (even easier if they are hit with interdiction first), then close the gap or find LoS behind a rock. For this reason, I still prefer using BLC and double turning. I used to use directional shields but I've now switched to DF to buy me a bit of extra time vs protorps.

http://dulfy.net/2013/11/16/swtor-galactic-starfighter/?link=dGEAAAEHAQEABAAC9AHyAuwD0AHQAOAC4ADgAOA=

Edited by RickDagles

Yep, experimenting, your builds too, of course, thx for sharing. Now I flew a little bit with the normal lasers, I am not very enthusiastic, I go back to the burst lasers.

Disto, Directional and Feedback all have their own strengths, feedback is not so bad now and very trollish.

I've always flown with the Interdiction Missiles, I've never used the clusters anyway. I like it when a Battelscout suddenly changes its mobility in a bomber. I often fly worse things when they are more trollish.

I'm also experimenting with the Koigran Turn, Power Dive is suicide by me and with the retros I tend also often to shoot myself.

All in all, the situation doesn't look as bad as I thought at first. I have much Fun with my Condor.

Edited by Magira

Yeah you could go with this build: http://dulfy.net/2013/11/16/swtor-galactic-starfighter/?link=dGEAAAEHAQEAAQAA8gHyAuwA4APgAOAC4ADgA+A=

However, I think BLC is still by far the best option on this ship. The way of dealing with Strikes is a lot different than dealing with scouts. In the past you basically wanted to run away from a scout until his cooldowns were finished, then turn around and hit him with BLC/wingman + cluster missiles. Against the now popular Strikes, I think the optimal strategy is not to run away when they attack -- instead you want to stay really close to them. This prevents them from hitting you with HLC (high tracking penalty) and protons. If they don't run away from you, then you can kill them with BLC and interdiction missile. If they are smart try to create some space, then you quickly switch to railgun and land a snap shot (even easier if they are hit with interdiction first), then close the gap or find LoS behind a rock. For this reason, I still prefer using BLC and double turning. I used to use directional shields but I've now switched to DF to buy me a bit of extra time vs protorps.

http://dulfy.net/2013/11/16/swtor-galactic-starfighter/?link=dGEAAAEHAQEABAAC9AHyAuwD0AHQAOAC4ADgAOA=

For one strike, yes. For more than one, you need to get to cover really fast or you're dead.