Pt/vg forgotten.. Again

chrishill

Let's face it PT/VG are the forgotten class that once was.we still have an unbelievable Burst opener (AP/TACTICS) YET 5.9 show's us no love trauma regulator should be ours why why won't they show love to this class why?...POWERTECH4LIFE

Let's face it PT/VG are the forgotten class that once was. we still have an unbelievable Burst opener (AP/TACTICS) YET 5.9 show's us no love trauma regulator should be ours why why won't they show love to this class why?...POWERTECH4LIFE

I've essentially retired mine. I can still do well with him in regular WZs when I'm with a team (premade), but given how weak my DCDs are, I'm toast if my healer gets pressured, locked down, or killed. And god forbid I solo queue with him. I was killed so many times on my (AP) PT a couple weeks ago in a Civil War that I unlocked the PvP achievement for number of deaths in a WZ match. That was a first for me in the years I've been playing my PT.

Since I got tired of waiting for the Dev team to realize that (AP) PTs desperately need one or both of their DCDs buffed, I said screw it, and rolled a FotM (Arsenal) Mercenary. Why play with a handicapped class that takes a lot of skill to be competitive with when you can be a GOD instead with a fraction of the effort? Mercs are 100% ranged - none of that hybrid ranged/melee BS. They have survivability for days with some ridiculously good DCDs - not to mention all the other cool toys they get such as Electro Net, a knockback, and self heals - and they still do great DPS. Oh, and the cherry on the top is that they are getting ZERO nerfs in 5.9.

TL;DR : If you can't beat 'em, join 'em.

Edited by Mournblood

I've essentially retired mine. I can still do well with him in regular WZs when I'm with a team (premade), but given how weak my DCDs are, I'm toast if my healer gets pressured, locked down, or killed. And god forbid I solo queue with him. I was killed so many times on my (AP) PT a couple weeks ago in a Civil War that I unlocked the PvP achievement for number of deaths in a WZ match. That was a first for me in the years I've been playing my PT.

Since I got tired of waiting for the Dev team to realize that (AP) PTs desperately need one or both of their DCDs buffed, I said screw it, and rolled a FotM (Arsenal) Mercenary. Why play with a handicapped class that takes a lot of skill to be competitive with when you can be a GOD instead with a fraction of the effort? Mercs are 100% ranged - none of that hybrid ranged/melee BS. They have survivability for days with some ridiculously good DCDs - not to mention all the other cool toys they get such as Electro Net, a knockback, and self heals - and they still do great DPS. Oh, and the cherry on the top is that they are getting ZERO nerfs in 5.9.

TL;DR : If you can't beat 'em, join 'em.

Pretty much. Pathetic when a dps/healer can tank better than a tank.

I have 4 BH, 2 Merc and 2 PT and Merc is far easier to level and use and has way more utility.

Pretty much. Pathetic when a dps/healer can tank better than a tank.

Seriously they should just give mercs a taunt already :rolleyes:

I have 2 VGs and 3 PTs that will probably be shelved in favor of my 10th guardian (i only wish that was an exaggeration...)

they are pretty elite in pve tbh. AP is absolutely fantastic in pve, and pyro isn't too bad either.

which is why they haven't been buffed for pvp

Except we want them to TANK. Which they cannot do and both aforementioned disciplines are meh to awful on PvP.

they are pretty elite in pve tbh. AP is absolutely fantastic in pve, and pyro isn't too bad either.

which is why they haven't been buffed for pvp

Except you're talking about their DPS, and everyone posting here is talking about their DCDs. Buffing AP/Pyro DCDs isn't going to have any significant effect on PvE. But in PvP, it would make a world of difference for those specs.

Edited by Mournblood

Except you're talking about their DPS, and everyone posting here is talking about their DCDs. Buffing AP/Pyro DCDs isn't going to have any significant effect on PvE. But in PvP, it would make a world of difference for those specs.

That's not just AP and Pyro, it's the whole PT class that simply needs more defenses. Energy shield and Kolto overload simply are not enough.

• 2 weeks later...

I like a pyro but he is not so capable in pve like he's counterpart AP, may be give them something burstifull single target abillity? And give some like responsive safeguards or else for a little duration, and you wil be more capable before other explode you. One thing I hate in this DwT's classes they cannot be played good against classes whith healers abillities in the long runs, you begin to be first target to kill.

That's really frustrating.