Taris: Rakghoul Rampage

So I was levelling my IA alt and came across the multi-stage bonus mission Rakghoul Rampage. Now, I am one of those OCD-type players who just *have* to complete a mission, I was dead set on doing that one.

I had already finished stage 1 and, hoping that that I could kill two birds with one stone, wanted to turn in a normal mission of which I assumed the next step might lead me into the same area as stage 2 of the bonus mission.

WRONG. Instead, only after turning in that normal mission and receiving the follow-up, the bonus mission entire vanished. It is not in my log any more, and killing the same mobs that initiated it in the first place did nothing to start it again, either.

I am seriously pissed now. I might miss out on several commendations, maybe even an orange "style set" item, and will keep that nagging knowledge in my head that I missed completing this bonus mission because it just vanished when another mission was turned in.

:mad:

I would sincerely appreciate any advice on how to get this mission back. Realizing what had happened instantly killed all motivation to keep playing that character for now; it's as it if were broken forever.

You cant get the quest back, not unless you start all over.

when you get a bonus quest, you need to be done with it first, before you tune in the quest it is link too, or you lose the bonus quest.

But I have never have a multi-stage bonus series disappear. I had always considered them special, and some even seemed not to be connected with any normal quest at all.

You cant get the quest back, not unless you start all over.

when you get a bonus quest, you need to be done with it first, before you tune in the quest it is link too, or you lose the bonus quest.

It isn't consistent.

Sometimes just completing the actual objective in the main quest (not turning it in, just completing) will lock out the bonus, sometimes it won't.

It isn't consistent.

Sometimes just completing the actual objective in the main quest (not turning it in, just completing) will lock out the bonus, sometimes it won't.

Well, there some main quest, that are in stages as well.

Mostlig thos were you need to find some one and talk to them, if there are a bonus quest in that stage, you lose the bonus quest as you are done with the first part of the main quest. As the bonus quest belong to this stage. (if that make any sens :confused:)

Think I have lost one multi-stage bonus quest this way.

Only advise I can give is, all ways do the bonus quest first, before you talk to someone or use a item at the, were to go questmark on the map.

As there are a chance the main quest end or go in to a new stage.

Edited by Ghostwold

I would sincerely appreciate any advice on how to get this mission back. Realizing what had happened instantly killed all motivation to keep playing that character for now; it's as it if were broken forever.

That particular bonus mission will give you about 7000 xp, nothing more. Plus, unless it is a bonus tied to one of the Heroic missions (as far as I can recall, it is not, but my memory is not 100%) then there is no way for you to reset/get the mission back.

Moral of the story: always complete the bonus mission objectives before you hand in the mission they are linked to.

Do multi-stage bonus quests not give some money as well?

Typically, no. The ones that give credits, as far as I have noticed, are the ones that you physically have to go to a drop-box or NPC to hand in. The auto-complete bonuses are usually/always xp only.

Of course, if soemone has been paying attention to their bonus mission rewards and can definitely say that they are getting both xp and credits for their auto-completing bonus missions, I will be happy to admit that I obviously have too much money that I do not notice a little extra coming in ;)

For multistage bonus quests, the stops being a bonus quest and becomes a quest all its own when it is done. Then, you can turn in the quest that started it without losing it.

All that really changes though is that you can run to the NPC without stopping by the drop box first.

I kind of wish they would turn some of these bonus quests into area quests. That would prevent this from happening. It's happened to me, too, when I wasn't paying close enough attention.