Community Round-Up: August 22nd, 2012

CourtneyWoods

Hey everyone!

Please use this thread to discuss the Community Round-Up as well as nominate any threads, events, or discussions about SWTOR for next week's blog.

You can also PM me any nominations! :jawa_cool:

Also, as a friendly reminder, the purpose of this blog is not to highlight the most talked about issues on the forums, but fun, interesting, and productive threads outside of General Discussion.

Thanks for staying on topic!

What I wanna know and what I think the community wants to know is where do you the developers and staff see this game in 1 years time? I know there has been lots of changeup in the EA/Bioware office recently but with this new F2P path, new content you guys are working on I would really like to know whether this game is worth playing in the long-run.

I would hate to play this game for another year or two to just see it close abruptly or have only 1 new warzones and 2 new flashpoints added in that time. So im asking honestly, as a very on the fence, but hopeful subscriber, what is your game plan/business plan in 1 years time, in 1 year what new changes will we see added and done in the game, where do you see the population, will you add new servers, in general what will be the state of the game in your realistic expectations?

Edited by nikthequick
Corrected Grammer

Random group members often ask me to skip dialogue und cut sequences in Flashpoint and Operations, I find that irritating. Any chance to implement the option to chose your preference in that regard in the group finder? I'd rather wait longer and have three companions to play with, enjoying the game's atmosphere to the max, than getting a group fast, but then having to rush through everything...

It would be even nicer to have flexible options like

"I expect everyone to skip dialogue & cut scenes"

"I don't care much about dialogue & cut scenes, but have no problem watching them, if everyone else does."

"I want to see all dialogue & cut scenes"

You could even implement a scale, say 1 - 10, and then match players with best corresponding preferences.

Thx for your effort.

PS: Nice game, nice job getting it to that point! Of course there's always room for improvement, but being able to navigate and venture through the Star Wars Universe I find very entertaining. Keep it up!

What I wanna know and what I think the community wants to know is where do you the developers and staff see this game in 1 years time? I know there has been lots of changeup in the EA/Bioware office recently but with this new F2P path, new content you guys are working on I would really like to know whether this game is worth playing in the long-run.

I would hate to play this game for another year or two to just see it close abruptly or have only 1 new warzones and 2 new flashpoints added in that time. So im asking honestly, as a very on the fence, but hopeful subscriber, what is your game plan/business plan in 1 years time, in 1 year what new changes will we see added and done in the game, where do you see the population, will you add new servers, in general what will be the state of the game in your realistic expectations?

I agree. I would like to know if Bioware developers have time to actually play the game in subscriber's shoes for a few months.

What are the opinions of Bioware developers who actually have played the game (in the shoes of subscribers)?

Do you think this is something that YOU guys/gals would play a year from now?

all this "community" roundup stuff is getting me down... the game is about to draw its terminal breath and they are making out like everything is going great. shut down this update crap until we have some actual news of what you're going to do to keep this game from being the biggest cluster-f in Star Wars history. Edited by RyanRhino

Time to get new area's (planets what ever) to be able to have new top levels. 60, 70, 80, 90, 100. Want to see new armor.The last treasure hunt you get a pet and some sand people gear. Come on, quit being so cheap. Go through Black Hole EoT and nothing but junk drops, over and over. Need to have wild purple gear drop much more often.

Can you explain why we can't Reverse Engineer (RE) Tionese, Columi and Rakata Level Enhancements and Mods? Specifically those with (23), (24), and (25) ratings. Better yet: WHEN can we start doing this?

Armor RE has already been asked, but it seems strange that folks can RE all the (26) level Campaign items but not lower. I've seen 26 Hilts showing up as well.

FYI: The last World Event was not a big success. Sorry, thought it was kinda cool, but not very entertaining. Back and forth to two specific planets and areas is not a real hunt. Try multiple planets (Like 4-5).

#1 issue - You gave out the SAME PET basically that everyone just got the week before a different color. BAD timing and communication at BW on that one.

Edited by dscount

Those in charge of communicating the event should have had a plan that was followed the same as the developers who put the time and effort into coding it. A splash news on the web page hardly qualifies--especially for those who have a limited play time. Do you believe many adults who play this game with families actually have time to read everything on your web pages? Do you believe adolescents who need to finish homework before they have a chance to play will fare any better? If I get to play 5-6 hours per week and still pay your fee, I want to play the game, not read about it on the web pages. A mail sent to all players would have gone a long way to ensure people were notified.

As for the rewards, many of us were left with these Tokens of Enrichment who did not or could not use them. I am guessing that the tokens will be relics which will never have a use going forward--a shame really. While your intention was to excite us, you left us with a sour taste for all but a few. Did you factor this outcome into your release?

And content: hmm, the content, oh, the content...wait, did I miss the content? The content, or lack thereof, leads me to believe we shall see the same kind of releases in the Pay for new content version of the game. A hunt that should span multiple worlds, not just two, would have been a start. Some of us have actually played bounty hunters, and it left us cold. What about this event would inspire me to keep my membership going? Begin with the end in mind.

• 1 month later...

Allison Berryman, please give us BW's thoughts on the current situation where powerful premades are deliberately facerolling PUGs in WZ because they are easier than facing other Ranked teams.

Please also see this thread here for a suggestion I make, regarding people not being able to queue groups unless its for Ranked:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=539388