Gearing alts in 5.0 for pvp

---AlterEgo---

Not only that, but encouraged people to roll new toons for the DvL event... it's like the person in charge over there has multiple personality disorder or there are too many making decisions and not discussing it with each other.

OMG I had already forgot about DvL, grinded to get the companion ASAP and took a break from the game until now.

I haven't even found a class/spec I want to main yet, as solo queuer I've liked the ability to switch between healer and tank/dps depending which is more needed at certain time of day (some days there seem to be no healers, sometimes you get too many) or simply because getting tired of playing the same thing.

Same with pub/imp, I have no loyalty to any sides and like to switch if things get boring (or if there's awful people in your team you'd rather play against than with).

Now it seems you have to choose which one to start grinding new gear for, and which ones *may* still be viable to play regs without proper gear... Even if the gear becomes legacy bound, you can't still share gear between a juggernaut and healer I'm sure :/

This may be getting ot but just realized: they're changing classes to be "easier" for new players, while raising the in-equality between say someone starting to grind the gear from the moment 5.0 hits and someone very likely starting to play the game in lieue of Rogue One. Or, between people who have time to play daily vs. people who actually have lives outside the game and get to sit down to play once a week.

I'm hoping they're still fixing up 5.0 and it isn't as bad as everyone thinks. We're keeping fingers crossed, me and my dozen alts.

sorry to delude you , but u wouldn't b able to...say u earned your gear for your main merc and that gear dropped at cxp level 50......your mando with cxp level 5 will not b able to use that gear until reaches cxp level 50 .

this will make people who play multiple alt ,say 1 for each class/faction taking over a year to gear 8 alts ( or b able to use hi end gear transferred with legacy ).

I don't remember them saying that gear or mods will have CXP requirements. Only that at higher CXP you have "a chance" of rolling for better gear than you would at lower CXP.

Well I've got 3 mercs and one mando, guess they can all share gear gained via CXP.... same goes for my 4 shadows.... and 2 operatives and one scoundrel....

Hope one of those classes is well set for the 5.0 balance..... :(

Depends on if you have legacy gear.. but not on ear.. implants and relics

I don't remember them saying that gear or mods will have CXP requirements. Only that at higher CXP you have "a chance" of rolling for better gear than you would at lower CXP.

But who wants lowbie gear for pvp.. imagine the gear gap between lvl one CXP and lvl 100 CXP... this is going to be gear v gear all over again

My problem with alts is; unless they are at top level and top gear level, then even if I have all my stuff in legacy gear, I will feel like I am not making progress on my main.

Kind of keep hoping that they will announce that all warzones will be cross faction at least so I can run my gunslinger without worrying about having a longer time in queue when I will be less inclined to jump to alts.

But who wants lowbie gear for pvp.. imagine the gear gap between lvl one CXP and lvl 100 CXP... this is going to be gear v gear all over again

sure cause 100 CXP is going to be 324 gear and 1 CXP is going to be 244 gear... I'm sure seeing as they said top rating was going to be craft able just with out the set bonus, I'm sure the gear quality is going to be the same from "50" cxp to "100" cxp the chance at getting that top rating over the middle rating will go up.

sure cause 100 CXP is going to be 324 gear and 1 CXP is going to be 244 gear... I'm sure seeing as they said top rating was going to be craft able just with out the set bonus, I'm sure the gear quality is going to be the same from "50" cxp to "100" cxp the chance at getting that top rating over the middle rating will go up.

Exactly. It'll still be endgame gear (at best, it'll be 3 tiers), so I don't think it'll be much more different than the current regular vs. advanced pvp gear gap we have.

Exactly. It'll still be endgame gear (at best, it'll be 3 tiers), so I don't think it'll be much more different than the current regular vs. advanced pvp gear gap we have.

Guess we'll see... not such an issue for me... but it will be for less experienced players... I predict lots of threads about gear gap

• 8 months later...
Don't understand the complaining about gearing alts - why not just use your choice of Legacy Armor? It doesn't even have to match since we can use the outfit designer now! Grind for 1 toon and put the set bonus armor in Legacy stuff!

Don't understand the complaining about gearing alts - why not just use your choice of Legacy Armor? It doesn't even have to match since we can use the outfit designer now! Grind for 1 toon and put the set bonus armor in Legacy stuff!

Yeah, the tasty Marauder set is a perfect choice for the Powertech tank alt.

By having just one 300 lvl there is access to lvl 54 mods and enhancements schematics.

Just with Cybertech all mods, enhs and earpiece above bolster can be crafted.

Use Legacy Mainhand - Offhand to pass 248 barrels and hilts around.

If there is an Artificier or Biotech can craft Implants & relics. Use 208 set bonus or get 230 or 236, which are bolstered.

Edited by Aetideus