Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Help Monitor cuts out after character selection

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Help Monitor cuts out after character selection

burninggold
06.27.2019 , 07:54 AM | #1
Hello,
Recently when loading into any of my characters on SWTOR the monitor will cut out and the monitor goes to sleep. I'm running a GTX 1080ti GPU and shouldn't have a problem running the game. My monitor is a Dell 27" QHD LED 2k and works with others games fine.

The_Wulff
06.27.2019 , 09:42 AM | #2
This may take a bit of trouble shooting.

1) Did you recently apply any graphics driver updates?
1a)if so have you tried rolling back to the previous driver?

2) does your moniter support 1080 for it's resolution (this is the top end of the game output)

3) Have you tried un-installing and re-installing your graphics driver? (all files drivers included are subject to bit rot over time)

Another possable problem could be the northbridge chipset for your motherboard. I personaly had an issue on a windows 7 computer where the northbridge updated and my monitor wasn't getting a signal at all. I would check this one last as it is so uncommon and would effect all your computers graphics output and not just 1 game.

JediQuaker
06.27.2019 , 11:21 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by The_Wulff View Post
2) does your moniter support 1080 for it's resolution (this is the top end of the game output)
More to the point, have you (OP) somehow accidentally set your SWTOR in-game rez or refresh rate, to something your monitor can't handle?
There are ways to fix this, but I'm not sure what they are. One way involves some Key combo that switches the game to windowed mode. This allows you to change the in-game rez/refresh and then go back to fullscreen. (I'll leave the Googling to the OP )
Hold water, a sieve may not, but hold another sieve, it will - Yoda..

Referral code - http://www.swtor.com/r/dZ8wSV