Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Get rid of subscription

denavin
06.24.2019 , 03:45 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by ThomasStarWars View Post
How did Guild Wars 2 or Elder Scrolls online pull it off?

SWTOR is the exact same.
One word....

Micro-Transactions. They nickel and dime you to death....
HK-55: "Do you think she passed her test?"
Z0-OM: "According to my sensors.... NO
."

denavin
06.24.2019 , 04:16 PM | #22
LOTRO did that a long time ago. I paid $399.00 for a life time subscription. Many other people did too before LOTRO killed it because they were loosing too much doing it.

ARE YOU going to pay $399.00 for a life time subscription then pay $50 to $160 for Expansions? You're already complaining about paying a mere $15.

No, it will not work even with Micro-Transactions.

Its funny, people won't pay $15 for a subscription because they say the game has no content and it's not OK to have to pay for getting nothing.

But they will spend hundreds of dollars to buy Cartel Coins only to Blow them all trying to get that ONE rare item. Then even after opening dozens of creates, and failing to get that ONE rare item they want, they are then literally paying for getting NOTHING.

But that is Ok?
HK-55: "Do you think she passed her test?"
Z0-OM: "According to my sensors.... NO
."

Phazonfreak
06.24.2019 , 04:27 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by denisdenizg View Post
Where did i mentioned ESO, GW2 or compared SWTOR with them, or even mentioned "spending nothing" LoL...? Do you have problems with reading?
You mentioned how a one-time purchase would supposedly be better from a player perspective, which would be the business model of GW2 and the likes, and I explained why it is not. Pretty straight-forward.

DarkTergon
06.24.2019 , 04:47 PM | #24
Not to mention, how many people buy offline games, pay $90 upwards for a game they complete in a couple of hours, then never play again? Look in to many gamers houses, and you see piles of unplayed games :/. At least if you sub, there's a chance you play a lot. At least I do. I've never had a problem subbing, I've gotten lots of content, and hours of fun on this game. There have been times I've been P'd off, but that happens in most games. Subbed since about 1.2, will be a sub till the shut the servers, and will hopefully be there like the last few mins of SWG
No Idea if people use these, but if so, here's my referral link
http://www.swtor.com/r/jFXFFQ

Rolodome
06.24.2019 , 05:43 PM | #25
It's a fascinating thought, but I would rather they put more positive reinforcement in subscribing, rather than relying so heavily on negative reinforcement. It's too little too late to do a purely F2P or B2P model. That ship sailed circa 2012. A model change that drastic at this stage would be a hail mary if they think the game is going to die otherwise.
Clicky referral link for freebies, read how referral works.

stockmks
06.24.2019 , 06:33 PM | #26
You guys haven't played ESO have you, because you're saying stuff about it just like the 'never tried it but I read' myths about preferred status for SWTOR. You can upgrade your bank storage for a reasonable (though significant when you start) amounts of in game currency, and there's an add-on you can use to simulate the same functionality as the subscriber crafting bank (when you come back from adventuring, go to the bank and it automatically deposits crafting mats, not one by one by hand). It feels pretty much the same. For ESO, you sub for the crowns and access to DLC.

Yeah their store is priced to double dip, just like SWTORS measly 500. Same effect, both companies are shooting for your stipend and a bonus spend every month.

I still think the high ground for SWTOR is to improve the sub value, get rid of the restrictions, so people like you guys in other games can't tell the same stories about SWTOR keeping people away. Given bioware Austin is solving all their other offices problems SWTOR won't be getting content enough to run like eso. Making the sub attractive is the best I say.

SaerethDL
06.24.2019 , 07:09 PM | #27
I agree this game should be buy 2 play... like eso and gw2 this would give the developers incentive to make NEW content on a REGULAR basis.. that way they get paid. New dlc, new expansions, new cash shop items.. things that people want to buy. Have the sub optional for those that don't want to or can't buy the new content outright.. with sub comes free dlc besides (new) expansions. Right now they basically give you little for your subscription because you repeat the same old content for years at a time. All they give you should be included with the box price. Maybe add some bonuses for those that would like to stay subscribed like cartel coins stipend, xp boost bonuses, % off cartel market, new pets and companions for subscriber rewards.. decos, etc. You can put VALUE back into the subscription and let those that want to pay once enjoy the game without restrictions! I think you would actually make more money in the long run, extend the life of the game, and bring more players back to the game while boosting new players with the new content and incentives.
Get a FREE server transfer, FREE 7 days subscription, FREE inventory slot upgrade and other FREE goodies! CLICK HERE update* if you use my referral link (as a returning subscriber) or decide to subscribe and are on Satele Shan send me a PM with the referral name you used and I will give you 5+ Million Credits or more to get you started!

ObsidianBones
06.24.2019 , 07:24 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by DarkTergon View Post
Not to mention, how many people buy offline games, pay $90 upwards for a game they complete in a couple of hours, then never play again? Look in to many gamers houses, and you see piles of unplayed games :/. At least if you sub, there's a chance you play a lot. At least I do. I've never had a problem subbing, I've gotten lots of content, and hours of fun on this game. There have been times I've been P'd off, but that happens in most games. Subbed since about 1.2, will be a sub till the shut the servers, and will hopefully be there like the last few mins of SWG
Same here, except I've been subscribed since about 5.0. Either way, I don't mind paying the $15/month for what I've gotten out of the game, and I'll be around until it goes offline, which hopefully, isn't anytime soon.

DenariusJay
06.24.2019 , 09:07 PM | #29
Think of it like Netflix, phone service, cable TV, etc.

This game is a service. My only gribe is the monthly sub is suppose to be for content and content is trickling slower then an old man peeing.
server: The Hot Prospect (10/4/2017 #NEVERFORGET)
Characters: Billie Eilish/Jessica Alba/Olivia Munn / Rashida Jones / Alicia Keys / Colin Kaepernick

OlBuzzard
06.24.2019 , 10:19 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by DenariusJay View Post
Think of it like Netflix, phone service, cable TV, etc.

This game is a service. My only gribe is the monthly sub is suppose to be for content and content is trickling slower then an old man peeing.
Hey ! Wait just a second ! About that old man peeing !!

Really ???

I'm sure you meant something else: more like trickling slower than gran pappy's ol' moonshine still !

(████████████████████████████]:|█[ioi]█[|||████]|█|