Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Huttball is still popping way too much. Please address this.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Huttball is still popping way too much. Please address this.

TrixxieTriss
06.27.2019 , 11:17 PM | #1
Queue for 16 matches and 9 of them are a HB style map.
2 Vandin
4 Quesh
3 original

No Void Star
No Hypergates
1 nova coast
2 civil war
1 Yavin
3 Odessen (which I hate and leave straight away).

I used to love HB, now I flat out hate it. This over representation of HB pops is bad. No one plays the ball or to win. It’s either one team member score all 6 goals or no one does. It’s never a balanced game at all because no one tries.

Let’s add the extremely bad dysnc that mainly happens in HB or is much worse than in any other map type.
Why can’t this dysnc be fixed? If it’s too hard to fix, DONT MAKE HB MAPS and remove these ones from the rotation or at least make them pop less.

It’s a complete waste of time.

Zerileth
06.28.2019 , 01:16 AM | #2
I basically gave up pvp'ing because of this. I really enjoyed all the other maps, but night after night i was getting back to back HB. And when I'd get it, I'd get the sound drop bug and have to log out and back. Just not worth it anymore.
7.0 Return To Kashyyyk
IGN: "Bioware sees soaring profits with new SWTOR expansion, Return to Kashyyyk."

Spoloma
06.28.2019 , 01:41 AM | #3
Agreed, though it looks like you were a bit unlucky. Last time i played, out of 10 matches only 2 were HB. However, on a larger scale it is a issue. So much popping causes people to disdain the mode entirely, typically on HB i see 3-4 leave, more so on vandin.

Pirana
06.28.2019 , 04:42 AM | #4
Four out of six matches for me yesterday were Huttball, and that's just yesterday. As often as I PvP, I would say that well over 50% of the time it's Huttball. Not that it was ever a blast, but now it's getting to the point that I'm thinking about dropping when it pops, which I've never done. Something needs to be done, which it probably won't.
The Journey Is Often Greater Than The Destination

DavidAtkinson
06.29.2019 , 06:50 AM | #5
It's because they removed arenas from unranked que and they pop only when there aren't enough guys in que to make an 8 man map...

This was a very bad move and this is why we have so much Hutball.

But hey.. the casuals in unranked have fragile egos and feel intimidating by the thought of getting walked over in arenas and thus hate them...

Still... Huttball is the worst type of PVP ever created. It's pure trash and stupid and nowdays ruined by dsync and glitches...

Lhancelot
06.29.2019 , 07:39 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by DavidAtkinson View Post
It's because they removed arenas from unranked que and they pop only when there aren't enough guys in que to make an 8 man map...

This was a very bad move and this is why we have so much Hutball.

But hey.. the casuals in unranked have fragile egos and feel intimidating by the thought of getting walked over in arenas and thus hate them...

Still... Huttball is the worst type of PVP ever created. It's pure trash and stupid and nowdays ruined by dsync and glitches...
Aren’t they going to “fix” this issue along with bumping bolster to max level with the new expansion patch?

I wrote that ages ago btw, glad they finally used some sense and are going to bump bolster up, now they just need to renovate ranked scoring and change up the meta of power structure between the classes, or improve some of the weaker classes at least for the cherry on top.

Back to this topic, another bad facet to Huttball is many of the newer abilities (well “newer” is a stretch seeing they were mostly added to the game years ago) render the map obsolete.

Huttball was built around far less powerful movement abilities, and the map provided a far greater challenge to score early on. Now with predation, leaps, dashes, teleports, pulls, etc. it’s just too easy to score in many cases.

Huttball is a niche map, some players adore it, but many more seem to dislike it. I think it’s because the game mode is unique in that it is heavy objective oriented, so hardcore pvpers will either deathmatch it or just leave it, and PVE/RPers don’t enjoy getting deathmatched and/or don’t enjoy the heavy objective orientation of the map and how long it can last.

PVE/RPers don’t want a stressful and exceptionally long, glitchy, painful PVP map when they just want to finish their dailies in PVP as soon as possible.

These are just some issues with Huttball in my mind. Too bad they can’t create a Huttball league mode, where people that love objective Huttball can queue with others who also love to play Huttball objectively.

Sadly with the low pop now this might no longer be an option, but if swtor picks up subs maybe a Huttball league could be added to the game.
TRUE
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthSpuds View Post
RNG is counterproductive because it massively increases player dissatisfaction.
FALSE
Quote: Originally Posted by olagatonjedi View Post
As I detailed in another thread, RNG give the players more control over their gearing.