Best RWZ teams post merger

Asunasan

1)Ascendency

2)We Haz Cookies, Dead Weight, Full Resolve

5)BlackJack

Okay the good news is all 5 teams are perfectly capable of beating every other team, and they quite regularly do so. The reason for 3 teams in two spot is because Full Resolve has a winning record against Cookies, but a losing record against Dead Weight(mostly due to hutball). Cookies has a winning record against Dead Weight, though looking at a more recent snap shot they have been even. I could supply more details, but basically the teams are in an ideal spot so close to each other that its difficult to untangle who really falls where. For now we will say that Ascendency is a pinch ahead of the group and BJ is a pinch behind. Not a large gap in either direction though

On a side note Ascendency it sounds like the Full Resolve is the only team that's seen you in the last 2?3? weeks. And that didn't go particularly well for you. If anyone else has played them in the last 2 weeks pls let me know. Otherwise Ascendency come defend your title I see plenty of challengers and the ques have been active.

As a further disclaimer there are other teams, but these could be considered the "major league" of pvp for our server. If any of these teams beat yours don't be discouraged, there are plenty of other teams out there that won't rip you to shreds like these do. If you beat one of these teams and you're not on the list Great Job! Now do it again the next day when they are on their mains :D

Edited by Asunasan

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i think these are off a bit..perhaps if we posted game records of some kind rather then how we feel based on playing people. I know as of late full resolve beat ascendency 4/6 last games and beat deadweight 1/3 with a coin flip and a tie going to ball carrier. I def would put deadweight in top 3. Ascendency and deadweight are both very good. I look forward to playing stranger danger sometime. I will admit we underestimated blackjack tonight in a hb and we lost 5-5 but they played a super game which we took a little too long adjusting to. Great last match tonight Blackjack.

-Rtrombone

Edited by dinothehutt

Since it's been mentioned, I think keeping win/loss stats would be pretty awesome -- like league standings. I record every ranked game Full Resolve plays. Here are our records since the merger so far:

vs Deadweight: overall 1-2 | HB 0-1 | CW 0-1 | VS 1-0 | NC 0-0

vs BlackJack: overall 5-1 | HB 0-1 | CW 3-0 | VS 0-0 | NC 2-0

vs RAWR: overall 2-0 | HB 2-0 | CW 0-0 | VS 0-0 | NC 0-0

vs Covenant Speed: overall 3-0 | HB 2-0 | CW 0-0 | VS 1-0 | NC 0-0

vs House Targaryen: overall 2-0 | HB 1-0 | CW 0-0 | VS 0-0 | NC 1-0

vs PUGs: overall 1-0 | HB 0-0 | CW 0-0 | VS 0-0 | NC 1-0

Totals: overall 14-3 | HB 7-2 | CW 3-1 | VS 2-0 | NC 2-0

As far as ranking goes, it's pretty hard to rank the guilds, as forming the optimal 8-man team is pretty tough. I think most teams would rather play without the top squad than not play at all. For example, I dont think we've played the top squad from all of the guilds mentioned. We havent played Stranger Danger yet at all.

Subjectively, if I had to rank the guilds, it would be like this:

1. Ascendancy

2. Deadweight

3. Full Resolve

4. Blackjack

5. Covenant Speed

6. RAWR

It sounds like Stranger Danger has a good team. They don't appear in my rankings because we havent played them. I hope to see them out there soon! And like Asuna says about his guild, I intend for Full Resolve to improve our rank too!

-Mega

(If anyone knows how to make a table [or fixed width font] in this forum, let me know so i can clean up that chart!)

This thread made me lol.

P.S. didn't we beat your team Asuna? How did you rank yourselves two spots higher?

I was definitely the least sure on where to place you guys, and no sleight was meant. Sounds like I need to bump you up. The only match we've had was a 7v8 from the beginning so not exactly a match that was controlling for placing you guys above us. That being the case we placed you based on a discussion with someone who has since recanted their statement. If Full Resolve places you above them and Ascendency agrees ur top tier I"ll throw you in the three spot with a note that a match hasn't yet happened between DW and Stranger. If an Ascendency players posts a loss to DW or DW posts a win over Ascendency I"ll move them to one spot.

Thanks for the feedback. More results means more adjustments.

No worries. We beat Ascendancy last night in Huttball (I'll see if any guildies have a screenshot). However, Ascendancy belongs in the #1 spot as they consistently have a ridiculously good team. Deadweight will always be competitive, but we try and form every night which inevitable leads to some nights we run with 8 consulars or other such shenanigans :) Edited by nellosmomishot

lol i think its funny that you all are saying each other should have top spot. Lots of modesty but I don't think anyone cares a ton one way or another which is cool and at least its not completely one sided to the point no one q's. Either way we have a lot more good rated teams all playing and I really enjoy facing off against so many super good players.

Rtrombone <Full Resolve>

Edited by dinothehutt

lol i think its funny that you all are saying each other should have top spot. Lots of modesty but I don't think anyone cares a ton one way or another which is cool and at least its not completely one sided to the point no one q's. Either way we have a lot more good rated teams all playing and I really enjoy facing off against so many super good players.

Rtrombone <Full Resolve>

Agreed it feels like every team listed is quite capable of causing upsets, which leads them all to be willing to que. Just hope it stays this way. From what I see it looks like the unlisted teams one teir down are also preforming rather close to one another keeping them queing as well. Good stuff.

Covenant Speed got its first win against Ascendancy tonight. I will keep up with the matches as well Starting tonight.

Ascendancy Vs. Covenant Speed Voidstar

The next game after we did loose. So 1 to 1 lol

However not sure We haz cookies or Rawr has ranked ques going.

When smurf doesn't dc:

http://imageshack.us/a/img196/107/screenshot2012092121072.jpg

He didnt DC the first match.... just sayin. Thats alot of deaths for a dc person. I know he was there for the cap on the door in the first 2 minutes of the fight.

Oh yes he did lolz...just sayin, for the second game I didn't DC though, I was just surfing the web at snow :(

Edited by Dierdrea

He didnt DC the first match.... just sayin. Thats alot of deaths for a dc person. I know he was there for the cap on the door in the first 2 minutes of the fight.

He DC'd at the start of our attack phase. Can't dispute you capped us in the first two minutes but it also took you another three to get the bridge. Without Smurf's DPS we never had a chance to come back in our attack phase but then again we've always had awful luck in Voidstar.

He DC'd at the start of our attack phase. Can't dispute you capped us in the first two minutes but it also took you another three to get the bridge. Without Smurf's DPS we never had a chance to come back in our attack phase but then again we've always had awful luck in Voidstar.

ahh damn i forgot to tell you guys we had 3 people on the grass dc our second match. woops my bad and this is what happens when they dont Click Me

Edited by Abbrachmann