2.4+ DPS Leaderboard

ohto

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thinking about making a thread for 2.5 because of all the new changes that affect dps. What do you guys think?

I think people are thinking what they thought when they were thinking about talking about not having you do the thread since you take forever to update. Just my thoughts on this.

Edited by Classicks

Thinking about making a thread for 2.5 because of all the new changes that affect dps. What do you guys think?

Probably a good idea. We should probably discuss and agree to some parameters before moving to the new thread. I suggest 1,000,000 health and armor debuff: race to kill. We can measure by DPS and/or TTK. As much as I'd like to say that parses over five minutes (sadly, my current parses) could be trimmed, I don't think this would be fair; so we measure Ds (dps) by undoctored/un trimmed parses that end with a kill.

Probably a good idea. We should probably discuss and agree to some parameters before moving to the new thread. I suggest 1,000,000 health and armor debuff: race to kill. We can measure by DPS and/or TTK. As much as I'd like to say that parses over five minutes (sadly, my current parses) could be trimmed, I don't think this would be fair; so we measure Ds (dps) by undoctored/un trimmed parses that end with a kill.

That favors specs with larger openers I think it should just be 1 ill or 1.5 mill hp dummy with armor debuff and no cutting of parses. If you want to do a ttk you can do a 500k burst category.

Edited by emania

It needs to be a 1.5m dummy if we're going to have accurate parses. Remember that this is the leaderboard, not a bunch of randoms. The best DPS on the server are going to be putting up +3300 numbers with that armor debuff and execute range (depending on spec of course). Anything above around 3300 is going to generate a lower fight time than 5 minutes. Just because we now have a set amount of health to take does not mean the fight could or should be less than 5 minutes. Remember that the DPS leaderboard exists to be a guage of true, sustained DPS, not a measure of how lucky your burst was.

• 5 months later...