Dread Fortress & Dread Palace Progression

cammack

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Indeed.

If we're using this thread, the original rules about skipping bosses can be removed, since we now know the Lockouts will be seperate.

And wow, I didn't realize Force in Balance was on here, or I would have actually updated our kills months ago :eek:

Can I put in a suggestion?

Seeing as there is a large amount of APAC guilds that are pretty gimped with progression as the patch generally finishes past midnight then work etc we can't really start the instance until 12-18hrs after it drops.

My idea:

In addition to the overall server list, make a APAC only (something like GMT+5 and above or something IDK) list and APAC guilds are tracked in both. That way it's easier for the APAC guys to swing their e-peen around and let other unguilded APAC players know who raids.

A little extra work with the copy pasta so I understand if you don't want to do it but thought I'd throw the idea out there.

Seeing as there is a large amount of APAC guilds that are pretty gimped with progression as the patch generally finishes past midnight then work etc we can't really start the instance until 12-18hrs after it drops.

My idea:

In addition to the overall server list, make a APAC only (something like GMT+5 and above or something IDK) list and APAC guilds are tracked in both. That way it's easier for the APAC guys to swing their e-peen around and let other unguilded APAC players know who raids.

A little extra work with the copy pasta so I understand if you don't want to do it but thought I'd throw the idea out there.

Forgive me if I'm wrong here, because I'm currently in england, and well... **** timezones, but isn't Auzzie land only a couple of hours behind the Americans?

it's a Valid suggestion I guess, but I personally don't see a Gigantic need.

It's been on PTS anyway, so most big guilds will have it pretty decently on farm at launch.

I think a good compromise that would require the least amount of work is just to list NA-EAST, NA-WEST, EU, and APAC next to the guilds in the list if people want it that transparent.

Personally I don't care as it doesn't effect me how the guilds are listed as long as it's by who cleared first because that seems like the most desired way for progression lists to work.

I think a good compromise that would require the least amount of work is just to list NA-EAST, NA-WEST, EU, and APAC next to the guilds in the list if people want it that transparent.

Personally I don't care as it doesn't effect me how the guilds are listed as long as it's by who cleared first because that seems like the most desired way for progression lists to work.

To be honest, the people ranking the highest are the ones taking a break off of work. These guilds will be online the moment servers turn over.

To be honest, the people ranking the highest are the ones taking a break off of work. These guilds will be online the moment servers turn over.

Another good point.

Most guilds post here to say they've done it, any guilds that are posting for Server first will be taking time off Work etc to clear stuff.

I'm not sure how many people actually do that, but yeh, seperating time zones won't make a difference to them, and it won't make a huge difference to those wanting their guilds name on a shiny board.

Forgive me if I'm wrong here, because I'm currently in england, and well... **** timezones, but isn't Auzzie land only a couple of hours behind the Americans?

Depending on where you live in Aussie Land, we are 15-18 hours ahead. For example the 2.6.2 Patch downtime started at 5.30pm AEST for those on East Coast Aus as opposed to the 11.30pm PST. It's amazing being in the future :rak_03: but not for downtime.

That's probably the better option. Just curious, are there many EU guilds on Harb?

My idea wasn't in the thinking that APAC guilds will get world/server firsts, but that doesn't mean they aren't doing progression raiding.

Edited by AlphaBurjo

IMO, its not a question of Server first/region first, but many people/guilds use rankings like this as a platform for recruitment.

Harbs has the biggest community of APAC timezone players since the APAC servers were shutdown last june.

So some sort of indication of which guilds are APAC/EU/NA timezone would actually be beneficial in the long run, and wouldnt take that much effort to incorporate.

My idea:

• 2 weeks later...