Mercenary Class Representative

EricMusco

Because I'm not english speaking native, my experiences (for exemple my dedicated blog to mercenary here http://weenea.wordpress.com/) would not be enough or 100% representative - And quite nobody here (on US forum), knows me ^^

So, for me, the best voice should be odawgg ; his work for the community is priceless.

PS : Aerro do very good staff too :p

Edited by Felmorian

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Odawgg.

But it doesn't matter if the right questions are asked, which are simple enough and come down to:

- Bodyguard?

- Pyrotech?

- Fusion Missile cost?

Each followed by the question: "Are you kidding me?"

I really like the ideas a few of you guys have mentioned in this thread. Like many have said, the rep just presents the compiled questions/concerns of the community, and acts only as a messenger. I think this is a great opportunity to get the Merc/Mandos community discussing our class, and hopefully forge a relationship/understanding between PvE and PvP Mercenaries.

I'm excited to take part in the coming discussions, since I love talking Merc :D

There should be different representatives for PvE and PvP. There's no way anyone prefers PvE and PvP to the exact same degree. Everyone has one mode that they prefer.

I'm a PvP'er and could not properly represent PvE. I am concerned that the rep will be a PvE'er and not be able to properly represent PvP. I am not thinking of anyone in particular, I'm just guessing that the person will be a hardcore PvE guy.

There should be different representatives for PvE and PvP. There's no way anyone prefers PvE and PvP to the exact same degree. Everyone has one mode that they prefer.

I'm a PvP'er and could not properly represent PvE. I am concerned that the rep will be a PvE'er and not be able to properly represent PvP. I am not thinking of anyone in particular, I'm just guessing that the person will be a hardcore PvE guy.

This I agree with you on.

IMO the first rep for any class should be a proven pvper with a minimum valor rank and be proven in pve with a minimum ammount of NiM content (just an EC kephess kill pre2.0 would be fine with me)

Edited by Rambeezy

The elected representative doesn't necessarily need to be an expert in all aspects of the AC, what's important is the rep be the 'voice of the community' and represent the most common questions the community puts forth. And although they can & should participate in discussions, their primary role should be to 'listen' and when it comes to selecting the questions to ask the Devs, it needs to be a completely unbiased decision based on the feedback from everyone.

Shout out to those who have put my name in the box, love you all and humbled. If I ever somehow end up in that role, I'll do my best to represent!

This mades me feel pretty confident that we will have a good representative with odawgg for all aspects of the mercenary class, regardless which field he is an expert (or not :p).

Aerro is a good choice aswell.

Glad to see that already the nomination goes in the right direction and that we have such strong candidates.

Looking forward to the 'real' voting xD

Edited by Leylea

• 2 weeks later...

I put in my vote for Odawgg, as I feel he would be the better candidate of the three. As of right now, I feel I gave up that position since I chose to represent myself over at MMO-Champion. With the moderation of the SWTOR forums there, I don't feel I have enough time to justify holding a position of that caliber. Maybe in the future, but as of now Odawgg is very involved over here- which is 100% what is needed.

I wish you the best of luck, Odawgg, and I look forward to theorycrafting with ya more over on MMO-C!

Edited by Aerro

I put in my vote for Odawgg, as I feel he would be the better candidate of the three. As of right now, I feel I gave up that position since I chose to represent myself over at MMO-Champion. With the moderation of the SWTOR forums there, I don't feel I have enough time to justify holding a position of that caliber. Maybe in the future, but as of now Odawgg is very involved over here- which is 100% what is needed.

I wish you the best of luck, Odawgg, and I look forward to theorycrafting with ya more over on MMO-C!

Thanks Bud! I voted for ya too ;) I can't believe I've gotten so many votes already! Don't stray too far, we need ya next election!

• 2 months later...

Yeah ... electing a class rep., elaborate 3 questions, waiting for answers ... and then, getting nothing with 2.5 than another 'coming soon' promise.

This turns out to be a nice forum game ... nothing more. Woohoo !

But wait ... we should have known, they told us:

[*]Attaching feedback to your top 3 in no way guarantees that it will be feedback that is actionable. The purpose is to allow a set dialog between our Combat Team and you here on the forums. Just because something appears in the top 3 provided by a representative does not mean it is feedback that will garner special treatment.

So true ... so true, bro.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
If there is a rep based on class type within the class such as merc heals or merc dps I would like to nominate Pfomo as a merc healer.

Sorry but I haven't seen you make any contributions to the Merc community, I refuse to nominate you or even consider your name amongst the possible candidates.

Speaking of candidates, I would like to nominate a few at this point in time.

CS_Zoltan (I may not always completely agree with you but I know that you're thorough and would be able to handle this job.)

Lalainnia (Arguably the best pvp merc healer from my server and should be considered for the job.)

Keyboardninja (same reasons as CS_Zoltan)

Valican ( Arguably one of the best all around players on my server and a solid merc Dps, definitely worthy of consideration.)

NeNiMel (anyone who keeps up with their class guide on a regular basis deserves consideration IMO.)

Cashogy_Reborn (anyone who serves as class representative for the mirror class should be considered. Not only this but I do believe he came in second for mercs last time around.)

I'm sure there will be time to discuss these guys/girls more but as for now I think this is plenty good enough for starters. Please feel free to introduce or talk about yourself if I've nominated you as a candidate.

Thank you.

Edited by Rambeezy

• 1 month later...

We need to make sure we have a representative that has played all the spec's a considerable amount.

Damage wise I think we are fine, but I feel we need some of survival skills looked at. I'm still hoping for a disengage ability but I don't see that coming any time soon. I'd like to see either the cooldown reduced or the duration of Electro net increased. The speed boost on hydraulic overrides could also be increased to allow us to put some distance between ourselves and the melee opponent.

odawgg and cashogy are doing a fine job. Arsenal is definetely not fine atm.

^^^ Arsenal needs some QoL love, free rail shot back is all I want... It would give the QoL and dps boosts needed . There's PvP issues too but not my area :)