UI - Recommendation Window & Altered Chat Window - NO THANKS!

Sarova

Just logged into the PTS and find you've added yet another forced item that I don't want on my UI. What is the point of the "Recommendation Window"? I don't need or want it BUT of course there's no option to disable it in the Interface window; it can only be reduced in size which for me is still useless. I can't even move it to an area of the UI where I won't see it. My UI is set with my character pane at the top because it helps me visually so adding this unremovable rubbish is not helpful.

EDIT:

Also why have you changed the chat window open/close icon? It's now at the top of the window so when I close mine I have the icon just hovering at the side of the instead of the bottom out of the way.

Pictures of my dissatisfaction:

Recommendation Window: https://imgur.com/a/aX71A94

Chat thing: https://imgur.com/a/CqPZdDS

Edited by Sarova

• 2 weeks later...

why "fix" something that isnt broken and worked perfectly for the past 8++ years?

if u wanna change something like this, i suggest to make it optional because from what ive seen id rather stick to the old chat window.

I can do without these new UI changes. It worked for 8+ years like this, don't just change it now on a whim. So far, all the UI changes over the years have generally done more harm than good. It's a waste of development time, not to mention that this new bar looks out of place and worse than all the other UI components.

• 4 weeks later...
Reading between the lines, I infer the dev team lost a resource who understood the original UI code. So, now they are afraid to touch it. That is all I can figure to explain why two separate UI features have now been introduced that are not integrated with the base UI and that are bothersome to almost all players.