Same gender relationships clarifications?

elexier

Nice to see Bioware spending a bunch of time for SGR instead a new flashpoint, raid or warzone.

Later you guys who wants SGR (I'm not against), will complain "there's no new content? No new flashpoint? No new raid? whadahell BW?".

People will complain, regardless. Not exactly news here.

I'm in favor of SGR, but 2% of the players will enjoy that.

New flashpoints 98% of the players will enjoy that, 2% just pvp.

Please provide a proof of your statistics, else they can easily be mistaken as having been randomly rolled on a D100.

See, it's so much time spent for something useless compared to new FP, WZ and raids.

'Useless'.

Must be some new definition of the word.

Gays deserve your space in the game, I respect that but the community wants and needs new contents who EVERYBODY will enjoy.

And exactly how long should they wait for this content that was already promised almost a year ago? And please do not speak for me when you say 'EVERYBODY'. I am not gay, have no plans to play SGR content, and yet I also don't play FPs, WZs, and Raids. Every other single update to the game since launch has BEEN FPs, WZs, and Raids. Why the hell should /this/ content which appeals to /this/ group have to wait even longer than the folks who only play FPs, WZs, and Raids. EVERYONE gets a turn, not just certain people. It just so happens that it's FINALLY the SGRA turn. Deal with it. You'll still get the content you want anyway, so what's the big problem?

You /don't/ respect the community if you believe that these folks should have to /continue/ to wait after everyone else gets their preferred content updated MULTIPLE times. It's not fair, and it's about time it was addressed.

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Despite some of my feelings about the way this whole thing has been handled, I really try to credit them with more taste than making SGR flirts only coming from the criminal side of the Hutt Cartel. There are days that my cynicism can get the better of me.

I don't know, making SGR Flirts available from only the "unsavoury" and criminal and alien portions of Makeb would probably be BW: Austin's bright-spark idea on how to make everyone "happy". LGB+allies get their [Flirt]s, trolls and detractors get the warm fuzzy feeling that we're not [Flirt]ing with "legitimate" individuals.

Ugh.

But since we've had the "Yay, you can [Flirt] now!" announcement, we aren't going to get any more information out of BW:Austin until they slap an escaped Belsavis prisoner on the Cash Shop and tell us that's our romance option.

(I see your cynicism and raise you.)

Nice to see Bioware spending a bunch of time for SGR instead a new flashpoint, raid or warzone.

Later you guys who wants SGR (I'm not against), will complain "there's no new content? No new flashpoint? No new raid? whadahell BW?".

See, it's so much time spent for something useless compared to new FP, WZ and raids.

Gays deserve your space in the game, I respect that but the community wants and needs new contents who EVERYBODY will enjoy.

And how many FPs, WZ and assorted other things have been added since launch and how much SGR content have we gotten since the same time?

Why is the only argument being bandied around now "Ohh, they should have other priorities." How long do we have to wait to get something. Honestly? Give us a time frame for when we are allowed to receive content that was promised before launch and is only now starting to trickle in.

I hate flashpoints and warzones. I haven't been on a single raid since I started playing. So, guess what, NOT EVERYONE ENJOYS those things.

Your argument is hereby invalid.

People who are against SGR *are* intolerant. Maybe not against what they may assume, but in some way, yes.

Honestly, I think every single companion should be able to be romanced, no matter whether it is malavai or khem val or scorpio or blizz. Who is Anyone else to say who I can fall in love with.

"Our love was never consomme-mated, but it was pure(ed)."

Honestly, I think every single companion should be able to be romanced, no matter whether it is malavai or khem val or scorpio or blizz. Who is Anyone else to say who I can fall in love with.

Er. And what if Blizz, or Khem Val, or Scorpio doesn't fall in love with your character? You know, romancing them agaisnt they will is kinda bad :D I think that having companions who can't be romanced is quite good. This is life, you don't always get what you want. Not every person you like will feel the same way about you.

I agree, I don't want to see every companion as a potential love interest. Some should just be able to be friends/colleagues/reluctant allies.

Particularly some like Khem Val, I think are best left as loyal servant/friend types. Particularly Khem Val, he's like two feet taller than my SI, if things are in proportion, ow...

I just read the state of the game update, what great news from BioWare :D Adding this content to a game like SWTOR is a major victory. I don't mind at all that they take it slow, I'm quite happy with a few flirt lines with NPC's. Looking forward to Makeb! :jawa_biggrin:

Well what this person says is true maybe not 2% but SGR will have very little appeal for alot of the community and the majority of players would want ops,warzones,class missions,etc before SGR. I'm not saying SGR are horrible and shouldn't be implanted in the game but it isn't very big update that we actually need right now.

...but it isn't very big update that we actually need right now.

Talk about yourself, please. I am not "we". Take note. Write it down if you have to, to remember.

I hate flashpoints and warzones. I haven't been on a single raid since I started playing. So, guess what, NOT EVERYONE ENJOYS those things.

This x 1000.

I wanna add that from now on everyone who comes here trolling (which includes concern trolling) will end up on my ignore list immediately. So don't be confused if I don't reply to you. It will be because I won't see any of what you wrote.

Thanks a lot.

Edited by Lent_San

I agree, I don't want to see every companion as a potential love interest. Some should just be able to be friends/colleagues/reluctant allies.

Particularly some like Khem Val, I think are best left as loyal servant/friend types. Particularly Khem Val, he's like two feet taller than my SI, if things are in proportion, ow...

Who would want a romantic relationship with a being that intends to go Hannibal Lector on them? :p

Read the post again.

Okay, have you read it?

The poster you quoted said 98% of the people would enjoy the stuff you said you wouldn't. Didn't say everyone. Sooo...you'd be part of the 2%

People who are against SGR *are* intolerant. Maybe not against what they may assume, but in some way, yes.

"Our love was never consomme-mated, but it was pure(ed)."

Who's to say every NPC is bi?

If he's like a gorilla. Then you're safe!

Read the post again.

Okay, have you read it?

The poster you quoted said 98% of the people would enjoy the stuff you said you wouldn't. Didn't say everyone. Sooo...you'd be part of the 2%

I recommend you reread the post given that the person in question said that he wanted them to concentrate on things that "everyone will enjoy".

Given that I do not like FP, WZ or raids, his argument falls apart at that point. You really should read the whole argument, you know.

Well what this person says is true maybe not 2% but SGR will have very little appeal for alot of the community and the majority of players would want ops,warzones,class missions,etc before SGR. I'm not saying SGR are horrible and shouldn't be implanted in the game but it isn't very big update that we actually need right now.

Who is this 'we' kemosabi?

The SGR content is in chat options in the new content. You know, the npcs involved in the storyline. Since they're not spending time going back and altering past content, and instead, just making it an option in the new content, they're not really spending extra time on the content.

So, that's at least new missions/new heroics (okay, very likely anyways), which I'd say those who advance purely through pvp/space missions is likely very small, and they're the only ones who would not be effected by this type of new content.

You know, these people who sat that EA/BW should concentrate on issues before or other than SGR's are not taking into account that when EA/BW says that this is what is about to happen, that the concentration part has already happened; and, they are too late for their arguement to gain traction.

I recommend you reread the post given that the person in question said that he wanted them to concentrate on things that "everyone will enjoy".

Given that I do not like FP, WZ or raids, his argument falls apart at that point. You really should read the whole argument, you know.

New content falls in line with missions/questing. If you don't enjoy that, yeah, why are you playing the game. In fact, if you don't enjoy pvp/fp/wz/raiding...basically anything that helps you level, outside of RPing, why would you be here?

The problem with the posters line of thinking, I already mentioned in a previous post.

You know, these people who sat that EA/BW should concentrate on issues before or other than SGR's are not taking into account that when EA/BW says that this is what is about to happen, that the concentration part has already happened; and, they are too late for their arguement to gain traction.

Plus, their way of thinking is interestingly rather selective. I don't see them arguing against "waste of time" when it comes to any other topic, or at least not those I can think of at the top of my head. SGR seems to be the topic of choice here, which is really quite fascinating, considering what small part of the game it's going to be. :rolleyes:

So since they already made the content without SGR, those who want it added in post launch in the past content, has lost traction since it's done with?

Plus, their way of thinking is interestingly rather selective. I don't see them arguing against "waste of time" when it comes to any other topic, or at least not those I can think of at the top of my head. SGR seems to be the topic of choice here, which is really quite fascinating, considering what small part of the game it's going to be. :rolleyes:

Well it is what the thread is about.

Make a new thread about adding more pvp, and you'll get people in the thread saying it's a waste of time to work on pvp.

There's some who say working on the cartel market is a waste of time.