Sith-Healer: how can that be?

TGaP_Andrey

Sith - fierce individualists and selfish. Consequently, it is unlikely that they healed someone on the battlefield, even their allies. As can be justified from the point of view of Lore, pumping Sith Inquisitor as a healer?

Sorry for my very bad English. :(

Edited by TGaP_Andrey

Being "evil" doesn't mean you're stupid. Healing can be entirely self-serving if you realize you can't achieve your own goals unless you support your team until you reach the objective.

What about pride? :D Mighty Dark Lord is somewhere behind the Warriors and modest treats them? Is that possible?

I asked not about healing myself, but about treatment for other. In fact the Sith as egotistical: he will cure himself, of course, but what about the allies?

In that video, Palpatine said:

"He had such a knowledge of the dark side he could even keep the ones he cared about from dying."

So it shows that it was other people and not himself. Even if you don't care for your subordinates on a personal level, you still care for them in the sense that you need them alive if they're going to serve you.

Being Sith isn't about being evil, though. The Sith lifestyle is to be passionate and feed into your emotions to bring out strength. It's just that the dark side of the force easily corrupts and plays off of violent emotions, and frankly I find emotion usually comes bundled with selfishness. That said, it's possible to take a talent like healing and see how a Sith could manipulate it. I can take great pleasure in the idea of manipulating life to my bidding; keeping soldiers alive well past their expiration date just to be my puppet.

When you look at characters like Darth Vader and Darth Maul, they're clearly not healers. But, at the same time, a strong will in the force is what kept them alive after being burned alive or cut in half respectively. Even as they become more machine than man they remain formidable opponents, all thanks to their self-heals buffs.

What about pride? :D Mighty Dark Lord is somewhere behind the Warriors and modest treats them? Is that possible?

The biggest example of a Sith we have is Palpatine, who preferred to do everything from behind the lines, in the shadows.

There is zero evidence that a Sith needs "battle glory".

Allies are allies because they're useful. A dead ally is useful for nothing. That being said, there's a fairly broad spectrum of sith in the game, especially if you include the light side of storylines in that equation. A sith might heal allies for just about any reason that one can imagine. Sith doesn't have to equal sociopathic lunatic. We see some who are quite reasonable.

Try a cynical take on the cowardly medic trope: Allies are meat shields. Why not have them do all the dirty work while you stand back keeping their corpses from stinking up the room and waiting for the loot to drop? If you could, say, keep a trio of attack droids whaling on your opponents, soaking up the damage and aggro, wouldn't you?

Sith - fierce individualists and selfish. Consequently, it is unlikely that they healed someone on the battlefield, even their allies. As can be justified from the point of view of Lore, pumping Sith Inquisitor as a healer?

Depends what era. Sith have different variations.

I look at it this way. Sith healers, now can exert influence over people they've healed.

I look at it as "I just saved your life, now you owe me, and I will collect. Don't do it, all that healing, i can turn it to a more deadly arty."

How i'd justify it. good sith giveth, good sith taketh away with extreme prejudice.

If a Sith Juggernaut is strong in combat, the healer can heal the juggernaut to the main goal, achieve the goal, and stab the juggernaut in the back. Personal gain is not stupidity, Sith often work together to achieve an ultimate goal. The issue in this debate is your believe/definition of Sith.

Logically, a selfish person still cares for those of use to him/her. It is a myth/lie that selfish people don't look out for others, even in every-day life.

I don't have difficulty seeing Sith healing people they need or people they want to manipulate. I have difficulty seeing Sith becoming dedicated healers, which is what Sorcerors are supposed to do in this game. I just can't see a Sith dedicating all of his training to keeping other people alive.

• 3 months later...
I look at it this way. Sith healers, now can exert influence over people they've healed.

I look at it as "I just saved your life, now you owe me, and I will collect. Don't do it, all that healing, i can turn it to a more deadly arty."

How i'd justify it. good sith giveth, good sith taketh away with extreme prejudice.

That works. I'm doing it more like a pleasure/pain thing—the healing is bliss and euphoria (and the endorphins that cause them), the damage is typical Sith lightning and flesh twisting. Sorry if that's TMI, but it makes sense to me.

rationalize all anyone likes, a Sith healer would not heal a strong Sith if there was a good calculated chance of that Sith being killed etc... possibly leaving the Sith weakened, alive just enough to finish the fight.

but story wise, Sith healers are taken from slave ranks, and feels like they're always meant to be a support class for warriors... obvious, YOUR healer rises above expectations, and succeeds... just my opinion.

rationalize all anyone likes, a Sith healer would not heal a strong Sith if there was a good calculated chance of that Sith being killed etc... possibly leaving the Sith weakened, alive just enough to finish the fight.

but story wise, Sith healers are taken from slave ranks, and feels like they're always meant to be a support class for warriors... obvious, YOUR healer rises above expectations, and succeeds... just my opinion.

You can't push your assumptions on other players and how they want to role their characters.

There are as many different kinds of sith as there are different kinds of jedi, because there are as many different kinds of people playing them.

Why can't people just accept that roles and stereotypes are boring and unrealistic?

Let's say a particular sith is, by your standards, an evil and selfish being.

Their selfishness can extend to the people they personally wish longevity for.

Their selfishness can betray one and assist another out of spite.

Their evil healing can be the result of having discovered a long lost profane power that should never have been awakened.

How ever someone wants to roll their roleplay is acceptable within the bounds of the established lore, and in this case Bioware established that sith can heal so who cares? :p

Edited by Jephthah