Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

early access in waves is devastating for prelaunch guilds

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
early access in waves is devastating for prelaunch guilds

alrighto
12.13.2011 , 04:41 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Baizak View Post
Then the guilds should have been better at organizing when their members pre-ordered and entered the codes. The early access staggering method has been known since pre-orders have been available.

Guilds come and go. Why should folks in a guild get preferential treatment over those that are not?
What about members that join the guild after it was formed...
The problem isnt that guild should get preferential treatment... the problem is not all the servers are available at the start.. so the servers that are made available at launch are going to be overpopulated as all guilds HAVE to start on them

their idea of slowly opening up additional servers as they are needed are flawed in this regard ...

AesirValkyr
12.13.2011 , 04:47 PM | #12
For people worried about the server being full, you need to remember that the first few days of any new game, Early access and then Launch, people will be playing outside of their normal play time. This is whats filling up those servers, the people who are playing 12 straight hours or more every day for a week because its the new shiny.

I remember reading that server caps are set lower right now and will gradually rise as they get a feel for the stability of the servers.
The Trooper doesn't get tired, he just reloads.

Rizael
12.13.2011 , 04:54 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by AesirValkyr View Post
For people worried about the server being full, you need to remember that the first few days of any new game, Early access and then Launch, people will be playing outside of their normal play time. This is whats filling up those servers, the people who are playing 12 straight hours or more every day for a week because its the new shiny.

I remember reading that server caps are set lower right now and will gradually rise as they get a feel for the stability of the servers.
I just want to get in so I can max level a character before the next semester of university starts Who knows with how late I pre-ordered and the no grace period might just make that impossible.