pvp was more fun at lvl 55

elimatorxv

yup i said it i was there at lvl 55 when 180 rated oriconian gear was second best pve gear(if optimized with correct mods/enhancements) and i pvped with it on my commando and it was FUN cause none of the well over the top nonesense of today like all the reflects/second to triple lives/immunities/roots/snares/stuns/stuns/stuns/stuns/stuns and all that other mobility crap makes lvl 75 pvp just unfun its worse in arena.

or the ridiculous health pools

and oooooh boy when healers get involved if competent or semi competent NOTHING DIES!!

hell even bad healers tend to keep players alive but they also die fast due to being bad lol

on my sniper i once got 50 kills in a voidstar by sniping enemy at the doors cause they wanted to either cap or defuse (managed to plant a bomb once felt good about myself )

mind you that was what 42-74 pvp bracket but still alot of fun

then on my merc lvl 75 pvp i was once spawntrapped on a ****ball map. stupid *** sniper kept rolling to me, knocking me back to our goalline to keep me there, trying my best to either stun him ooh wait he had setbonus that allowed what seems to me unlimited entrench with 2 buddies that could heal and tank great experience, so i dont pvp at lvl 75 at all its nothing more then mere frustration and i dont pay a sub to get frustrated with 1 part of the game to ruin my enjoyment.

anyone else feeling like this?

For the pvp to be good you would need a very large population of good players, a good matchmaking system and be able to q a full 8.

The matches would be balanced, stuff would die.

However, lower population of pvpers, large percentage of bad players, guard, people who can't DPS , 5 steath on one team and the like plus an inability to make a group of 8 makes it a circus.

I don't think it's the class abilities or lack thereof etc that make it bad.

The PvP is good if you keep low expectations in mind while playing 👍

I been pvping over ten years across many games so I'm not talking out of my aszz. I don't need a medal for that so calm down people who think it's bragging of some type lol

I know how unpolitical it is to sound like you're bragging. I think people even get offended so easy if it even looks like your bragging.

They themselves create a fake modesty to fit in meanwhile they truly are full of pride that is cloaked. If you're telling someone about your true experiences, it's not bragging so calm your panties Bois.

Edited by AocaVII

Back then there was less desync and general technical issues.

There was no force bound, which I feel like somehow destroys the game now.

Imagine having a giant IWIN button, that's force bound.

You are completely overrating that set. I don't even use it anymore. Its too much of a dps loss.

The set isn't overrated. Just because you can do more "DPS" with descent doesn't block out the glaring factor that force bound completely shutdowns, certain classes, for 6-12 seconds.

Intimidating roar has a utility that's -15s. Making it 45s, with alacrity (high alacrity) it's 39s. This is just for non-carnage players. It can go further down 30s I IIRC.

For classes like Sorcerer/Sage/Operative/Scoundrel/Powertech and some abilities for others this set completely shuts them down unless they can cast heals. Taunts won't even land, like?? Why does this set exist?

The set needs to not be okayed by anyone in the community. If we say this set is fine, more things like force bound will come in as they will think it's balanced. Please don't support it or say 'we're overrating it.'

There are plenty of examples that I can show how strong it is, but think of this immortal is top because of force bound. Grit teeth is just the icing on the cake, it's got instant on-demand damage and relatively not terrible mobility while being also survivable.

The other tanks don't survive in general, there's too much damage they will legitimately die guarding someone super fast. Force bound alternatives wouldn't be the answer outside of making the game less fun and fewer classes being meta.

Edited by Beyrahl

Force bound is really only useful for Dps in solo ranked because you know the Jugg is going to be focused first. It’s a complete waste of dps out put to use it in regs.

You take a significant enough hit in dps using it that if you aren’t the main focus all match, you are actually dragging your team down by using it.

The only legitimate objective maps I would consider using it is Hutt ball and maybe odessen if I was solo guarding. In any other objective map, it’s a bad choice if you’re dps.

The set isn't overrated. Just because you can do more "DPS" with descent doesn't block out the glaring factor that force bound completely shutdowns, certain classes, for 6-12 seconds.

Intimidating roar has a utility that's -15s. Making it 45s, with alacrity (high alacrity) it's 39s. This is just for non-carnage players. It can go further down 30s I IIRC.

For classes like Sorcerer/Sage/Operative/Scoundrel/Powertech and some abilities for others this set completely shuts them down unless they can cast heals. Taunts won't even land, like?? Why does this set exist?

The set needs to not be okayed by anyone in the community. If we say this set is fine, more things like force bound will come in as they will think it's balanced. Please don't support it or say 'we're overrating it.'

There are plenty of examples that I can show how strong it is, but think of this immortal is top because of force bound. Grit teeth is just the icing on the cake, it's got instant on-demand damage and relatively not terrible mobility while being also survivable.

The other tanks don't survive in general, there's too much damage they will legitimately die guarding someone super fast. Force bound alternatives wouldn't be the answer outside of making the game less fun and fewer classes being meta.

Spread out....problem solved. The set is overrated for the dps specs, especially in arenas. Only tanks live long enough to make use of it.

I will go a step further. PvP was best at 50. All three healers where fairly balanced and every class was designed to do well in WZ.

They did three mistakes at the halt - end of Vanilla and this was Smash for Juggs and Maras, and the Sorc bubble which exploded on everyone. Apart that as Sniper/Op Fly-by was OP in 1.1 but was fixed in 1,2 very fast.

Also in around Vanilla everything even up to about 3.0 classes used to be fixed so fast. What has happened since 6.0 is that we have a bunch of extra stuff like Tacticals and Amplifers and a zillion sets and the Devs really do not know how to fix some classes. May be Swtor could have lived at 50 and just add content and some reworking of some classes over time.

Edited by limenutpen