Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

force management as a seer

Khevar
01.24.2013 , 05:59 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by theborch View Post

EDIT: This is what I am running right now. torhead link
That's the same one I run with. I still like it.

-Sirus-
01.24.2013 , 07:00 PM | #12
There is a subtle "wha" sound effect right when you pick up the Resplendence buff. Not seeing or hearing anything after that.

happysister
01.24.2013 , 07:48 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by theborch View Post
EDIT: This is what I am running right now. torhead link
that's pretty much what my skill tree will look like once i hit 50.
The Kipplar Legacy ~ Proud Founder of The Old Republic
The Heroes of The Republic/Empire

NoFishing
01.28.2013 , 11:56 AM | #14
Others have already given good answers, I'll add a couple of points for your level.

First, make sure you get mental longevity (+100 to force pool) and inner strength from the telekinetics tree. 20% more force means 20% more regen from noble sacrifice when you use it, and making force attacks 9% less expensive speaks for itself. If you have to lose salvation and clairvoyance to get these, do so. Salvation is less useful in most FPs anyway, and is always major investment of force. It can be quite awesome when used appropriately, but if nobody stands in it, it just turns into a huge waste.

Never use benevolence. It has a use as an emergency heal (or even as a main heal in PvP), but in most cases it isn't going to help anyway. It is too little healing for too much force.

If you need to put out some major healing, don't forget about force potency. It will nearly guarantee criticals from your next two skills (probably deliverance).

Finally, be wary of overhealing. If everyone is above 90%, feel free to stand there and do nothing while force regens, or for rejuvenate or healing trance to come off cooldown.

When you get to 50, the 4-set bonus from your Tionese gear should give you an extra 50 force and reduce the cool down on healing trance. Both of these make force management much easier, since healing trance is both very efficient and can proc resplendence. And again, extra force means more returns from noble sacrifice.

Tromador
02.06.2013 , 11:07 AM | #15
Nice thread, thanks posters

All the above reinforces a lot I've already read - and reminds me to use Force Potency (I keep forgetting).

Following what's up there, I've not run out of force power yet and that's without the 4 set bonus. (The day I do run out is the day I start wearing that ugly armour set).

And I'm running that build as well - I can't see how it could be improved upon.

Khevar
02.06.2013 , 11:27 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Tromador View Post
... (The day I do run out is the day I start wearing that ugly armour set). ...
If you can get enough Black Hole comms to buy Campaign armoring for your set bonus, you can do this:

1. Head piece with set bonus (hidden so you don't look like a peacock)
2. Chest piece of your choice (with Campaign armoring for set bonus)
3. Leg piece with set bonus (color matched to Chest piece)
4. Gloves of your choice (so you're not wearing oven mittens)
5. Boots with set bonus (color matched to Chest piece)

This will give you the full 4-piece set bonus, and you can still have your look.

-Sirus-
02.06.2013 , 12:34 PM | #17
A fair amount of the bh pieces have the endurance heavy armorings. So, you might as well buy the campaign armorings to correct your stats. You'll pick up the set bonus in the process.

Cleet_Xia
02.07.2013 , 06:43 AM | #18
This is the spec I use.. It's a little less standard.
http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#600GhdRrdrzGzZf0bM.2

1. I no longer take Will of the Jedi from the Balance Tree because my augments offset that much willpower. I was in the endgame long before a "full house" of augmented gear was normal. (Keep in mind that +6% Willpower if you're stacking 1400 Willpower is only +84 ~ augments give you +252)

2. I dropped Wisdom because 2% of a 5K heal is 100 health.... I'm stacking so much presence from alts the +6% to presence is lost in the crowd. This talent is "Cast 49 Deliverances & get the 50th FREE". Properly using the Conveyance proc gives you a free Deliverance every 3.33 casts. .............the Wisdom talent is basically worthless.

3. I've got 2 points in Confound because the ranged slow can mitigate a hit or two from melee mob & give me some room to kite. It's great for PvP. (This is where my Will of The Jedi Points went)

4. I traded my 2 points in Serenity for 2 in Egress because root immunity during speed ends up having much greater utility when I'm already stacking a healthy amount of crit.

5. The bizarre part of my heal spec is the 2 points in Concentration over in the TK tree. I find that by keeping a 3 stack of The proc from Disturbance & confining myself to dpsing mostly with TK Throw ~ my rate of force depletion drops low enough that Noble Sac & the Resplendence proc are not needed nearly so much.
~Master Telagtun Telag of Lord Calypho~

-Sirus-
02.07.2013 , 08:21 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Cleet_Xia View Post
This is the spec I use.. It's a little less standard.
http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#600GhdRrdrzGzZf0bM.2

1. I no longer take Will of the Jedi from the Balance Tree because my augments offset that much willpower. I was in the endgame long before a "full house" of augmented gear was normal. (Keep in mind that +6% Willpower if you're stacking 1400 Willpower is only +84 ~ augments give you +252)

2. I dropped Wisdom because 2% of a 5K heal is 100 health.... I'm stacking so much presence from alts the +6% to presence is lost in the crowd. This talent is "Cast 49 Deliverances & get the 50th FREE". Properly using the Conveyance proc gives you a free Deliverance every 3.33 casts. .............the Wisdom talent is basically worthless.

3. I've got 2 points in Confound because the ranged slow can mitigate a hit or two from melee mob & give me some room to kite. It's great for PvP. (This is where my Will of The Jedi Points went)

4. I traded my 2 points in Serenity for 2 in Egress because root immunity during speed ends up having much greater utility when I'm already stacking a healthy amount of crit.

5. The bizarre part of my heal spec is the 2 points in Concentration over in the TK tree. I find that by keeping a 3 stack of The proc from Disturbance & confining myself to dpsing mostly with TK Throw ~ my rate of force depletion drops low enough that Noble Sac & the Resplendence proc are not needed nearly so much.
This advice is terrifble for operation or even flashpoints healing. You're basically dropping 6 points from talents that will increase the effectiveness of all of your heals to put into talents that do little to nothing for you as an ops healer. You're not going to get rooted, you won't be getting attacked enough let alone dpsing enough to worry about pushback on attacks, and the only targets you bother to weaken mind are bosses and they are immune to the slow. The force regen from confound might sound like a benifit, but you just won't have the GCDs to maintain it for progression level content. I also suspect that you still spend more on disturbance than the buff returns in increased force regen. Having all of your heals hit harder/crit more just gives you more

This seems like a perfectly fine build for pvp though and I don't want to discourage people from trying it there or for solo content. I still think I'd prefer to take will of the jedi over concentration though.

Aurojiin
02.07.2013 , 02:06 PM | #20
A couple of points for consideration.

1. You can't have Conveyance up for everything; the cooldown on Rejuvenate is too high. Salvation is your top priority for using the proc; otherwise, save it for Healing Trance.

2. Rejuvenate actually does very good healing for the force cost; it just doesn't do much healing in absolute terms, so in practice you're mainly using it for the proc.

3. The issue with Force Armor is actually not that it's innefficient or expensive: quite the opposite, in fact. What's problematic is that with no cooldown you can burn through your force pool very quickly splashing bubbles around too liberally. Always maintain it on the tank, and don't be afraid that use it on DPS - just try to be sure they're going to take damage. It can be a reactive measure, but it's better to be proactive with it.

4. One can debate the finer points of resource management as a Sage until the cows come home, but ultimately it boils down to using Noble Sacrifice with enthusiasm. Got Resplendence, and you're not about to die? Use it.
Aisev -:- Seer Sage Si'ki -:- Darkness Assassin