Add Copying Personal Decorations

Korithras

We have the ability to donate copies of our decorations to a guild stronghold or starship, there's no reason why we shouldn't be able to make copies of them for ourselves as well. Some of them, namely ones from the cartel market packs, are quite old and incredibly rare. Rolling your dice on the random decoration loot boxes isn't an appealing proposition either. If you know what you want, you should be able to get what you want. Simple as that.

The simplest solution I can think of is this, borrow from your own outfit designer system so that each copy of a decoration you make costs incrementally more credits. So for example, the Imperial Ceiling Light decoration. Highly in demand, and something you'd want a lot of to light up your stronghold with, but not many floating around in circulation anymore and the prices on the GTN for them are so only a very few could afford them anyways.

But say you found one and bought it, and wanted to make copies of it. The system could work like this for example:

Copy 1 - 10,000 credits

Copy 2 - 20,000 credits

Copy 3 - 35,000 credits

Copy 4 - 50,000 credits

Copy 5 - 75,000 credits

Copy 6 - 100,000 credits

And so on.

With this sort of a system in place, you'd give players a means to obtain more copies of a particular decoration they needed from the cartel market without a mind-numbing grind for credits that might burn players out. On the flip side, the increasing price to make copies means that the price of the decorations on the market would drop, yes. But at some point a player is going to find that buying one from the GTN would be less costly than making another copy if they needed it.

This would create a balance of allowing players easily access to a cartel market decoration in bulk if needed but not eliminate the need for these decorations to be bought from the cartel market and then sold to other players on the GTN altogether.

Personally, I would like a slightly different system.

I would like to see all the decorations available for each stronghold. Pets, vehicles, and companions already work this way. When placed in one stronghold, they can still be placed in another stronghold.

This would also allow them to add a system where they save our decoration layouts. There would be no problem reloading a layout in the future, because you wouldn't have to worry that some pieces weren't available from being placed in another stronghold.

I would like to see all the decorations available for each stronghold. Pets, vehicles, and companions already work this way. When placed in one stronghold, they can still be placed in another stronghold.

This would also allow them to add a system where they save our decoration layouts. There would be no problem reloading a layout in the future, because you wouldn't have to worry that some pieces weren't available from being placed in another stronghold.

An excellent idea. Same goes for OP.

I would love it if we had all our decorations available for each SH. Instead of one pool of decorations spread across what eight SH's now?

Also being able to save layouts would be the single greatest thing they could do for SH's (in my opinion). Once you finish a SH and have it perfect it would be nice to be able to load it up on another server. That way you could always have your home with you.