Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Medicine / Sawbones Set Bonuses and Tactical Items

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Scoundrel / Operative
Medicine / Sawbones Set Bonuses and Tactical Items
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

sthmnky
05.30.2019 , 08:43 PM | #21
There are many on this thread with amazing ideas and a much greater technical understanding of the class. That said, as one who uses Op/Scoundrel heals as a secondary healer my main issue with the class is entirely tied to Kolto Probes/Slow Release Medpacks. My greatest wish for an item to alter that mechanic would be to greatly lengthen the time they are up on the target. Ideally, I would like the time to be comparable to Commando/Merc's Kolto Shell/Trauma Probe. Again, only in time on target, not healing strength or stack sizes.

As it exists now, I do not enjoy trying to keep two probes up on anyone other than the tanks. Turning my attention to a dps means reapplying those probes on the tank, taking time that might be the difference between life and death. A tactical item or set bonus that mitigates that would be well worth it.
Average Brown Wookiee...

Shirvington
06.10.2019 , 01:54 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by sthmnky View Post
There are many on this thread with amazing ideas and a much greater technical understanding of the class. That said, as one who uses Op/Scoundrel heals as a secondary healer my main issue with the class is entirely tied to Kolto Probes/Slow Release Medpacks. My greatest wish for an item to alter that mechanic would be to greatly lengthen the time they are up on the target. Ideally, I would like the time to be comparable to Commando/Merc's Kolto Shell/Trauma Probe. Again, only in time on target, not healing strength or stack sizes.

As it exists now, I do not enjoy trying to keep two probes up on anyone other than the tanks. Turning my attention to a dps means reapplying those probes on the tank, taking time that might be the difference between life and death. A tactical item or set bonus that mitigates that would be well worth it.
Along this line, a tactical for Kolto Probe that makes managing it easier on multiple targets:

Kolto Probe now leaves a residual effect on the target for 6 secs after it expires. During the 6 secs, Kolto Probe does not do any healing but can be refreshed (with Surgical Probe or another application of Kolto Probe) as if it had the current number of stacks.

This tactical would make Kolto Probe behave like the current Virulence Sniper dots. They do damage for their duration, then linger as a ghost debuff that still triggers Cull even after they stop doing damage. But in this case, KP could be refreshed at the current value while in the ghost buff form.