Does Arcann even want to catch us?

SoloThreat

After playing ch 1-11 again for the third time, I'm starting to wonder why the hell Arcann hasn't caught us yet.

We've travelled to Zakuul over half a dozen times already either recruiting new characters (Yuun and Scorpio) or staring in priority missions against certain buildings (Kaliyo and Jorgan missions).

All they would need to freaking do is set up a entry/exit checkpoint on zakuul. Probelm solved, outlander apprehended. End of KotFE. Or at least make the connection.

Zakuul Knight 1: "hmm this ship always comes by before one of our buildings is vandalized or taken over."

Zakuul Knight 2: "It must be a coincidence. It's not worth looking in to."

Also, does anyone else feel like the end of chapter 12 is a huge cliffhanger moment that will probably be resolved off screen and in like 1 sentence by Lana explaining what "happened"?

And does anyone else feel like Ch 12 was super rushed compared to Ch 10-11?

Also why is Vaylin's model sooo bad compared to Arcann, Valkorian, Senya, and every other character model in the game. It's like they added her in last minute.

Other than that, the game is just amazing, keep up the work.

Edited by SoloThreat

After playing ch 1-11 again for the third time, I'm starting to wonder why the hell Arcann hasn't caught us yet.

We've travelled to Zakuul over half a dozen times already either recruiting new characters (Yuun and Scorpio) or staring in priority missions against certain buildings (Kaliyo and Jorgan missions).

All they would need to freaking do is set up a entry/exit checkpoint on zakuul. Probelm solved, outlander apprehended. End of KotFE. Or at least make the connection.

Zakuul Knight 1: "hmm this ship always comes by before one of our buildings is vandalized or taken over."

Zakuul Knight 2: "It must be a coincidence. It's not worth looking in to."

Also, does anyone else feel like the end of chapter 12 is a huge cliffhanger moment that will probably be resolved off screen and in like 1 sentence by Lana explaining what "happened"?

And does anyone else feel like Ch 12 was super rushed compared to Ch 10-11?

Also why is Vaylin's model sooo bad compared to Arcann, Valkorian, Senya, and every other character model in the game. It's like they added her in last minute.

Other than that, the game is just amazing, keep up the work.

The point of Kaliyo / Jorgan in the chapter was to clear a path for the Commander, aka you. Something tells me you'll end up having to go after them, or, something else will happen and you'll need to deal with that and then you deal with those guys at the end.

I also just realized, this whole Eternal Championship thing is taking place on Zakuul right?

I guess either Arcann doesn't want to catch us, or the Outlander is just so far above Arcann and his reach that the whole 12 chapters (where we build an alliance in secret and do these small missions) are pretty much pointless.

Why are we publicly advertising our presence on Zakuul by entering a tournament, that will likely be "televised" by many Zakuulans.

Anyways,

This game is fun to play, but the story is just one hot mess after another and I have trouble immersing myself in a story filled with these kinds of unnecessary plot holes.

It is impossible to completely seal a country's borders. Even North Korea, one of the most oppressive police states in the world, has had plenty of people illegally cross it's borders, from refugees fleeing and South Korean journalists sneaking in.

I would imagine a planet would be even harder to lock down. The Outlander getting in and out of Zakuul does not strike as being too implausible.

Part of the reason why Arcann hasn't captured the Outlander yet also is that he completely underestimates him/her at first. He did not see the Alliance coming, and probably didn't take it too seriously until the Star Fortresses started blowing up.

Edited by Aeneas_Falco

It is impossible to completely seal a country's borders. Even North Korea, one of the most oppressive police states in the world, has had plenty of people illegally cross it's borders, from refugees fleeing and South Korean journalists sneaking in.

I would imagine a planet would be even harder to lock down. The Outlander getting in and out of Zakuul does not strike as being too implausible.

Part of the reason why Arcann hasn't captured the Outlander yet also is that he completely underestimates him/her at first. He did not see the Alliance coming, and probably didn't take it too seriously until the Star Fortresses started blowing up.

pretty much this.

Zakuul is pretty much the galactic hub right now, there will be a LOT of traffic going in and out, making it practically impossible to monitor every coming and going.

I was going to suggest that with the tech level of SW it would be possible to keep an eye on all that ships... And then I remembered Gravestone. Yeh, totally possible that Zakuul space control missed Outlander's ship.

BUT. How the Eternal Championship will not be interrupted by a 50 Zakull Knights 5 min after Outlander steps into arena? Some socialite was able to recognize and rat out Outlander. Of course we can always put glasses on all and call ourselves Clark Kent.

I wounder what happened with Valyn's amazing tracking powers? Is she and her brother take turns on villain ball?

I still do not think Arcann takes Outlander seriously after SF incidents. The nerve of that bastard.

As former specialized military, I've been in countries that my home country isn't allowed more times than I can count with no one being the wiser. It really isn't that hard, especially if you have superior or on par technology and the proper training.

Guys lets put it this way. it's like a body trying to track a virus in it's own body. until you know it's there, sometimes you just don't know when to start looking.

Though I do think Arcann is quite inept at hunting if you ask me.

I was going to suggest that with the tech level of SW it would be possible to keep an eye on all that ships... And then I remembered Gravestone. Yeh, totally possible that Zakuul space control missed Outlander's ship.

BUT. How the Eternal Championship will not be interrupted by a 50 Zakull Knights 5 min after Outlander steps into arena? Some socialite was able to recognize and rat out Outlander. Of course we can always put glasses on all and call ourselves Clark Kent.

Isn't the Eternal Championship an Underworld Event? The underworld of Zakuul that we basically control with Scorpio on our side. Plus, we're going under a stage name. And I assume that Zakuul just think all Imp/Reps look alike :D

I wounder what happened with Valyn's amazing tracking powers? Is she and her brother take turns on villain ball?

She had amazing tracking powers? When?

I still do not think Arcann takes Outlander seriously after SF incidents. The nerve of that bastard.

He doesn't care THAT much about the Outlander, but I think he's actually scared of the man inside our head. Everything after chapter 9 pertaining to Arcann shows him monologuing to Vayin about how he'll do anything o find us.

True...the Eternal Championship is completely stupid from a lore perspective. Not only should the Outlander be recognized, but it would be completely mad for the Outlander to even consider risking the fate of the entire Alliance just to engage in some ridiculous Zakuulan blood sport.

I think this might be one of those instances where you just to take it as gameplay and lore segregation. It may be fan wanking, but I just chalk up the Eternal Championship as being non-canon and not part of the actual story.

Zakuul doesn't require as much gameplay/story segregation when you realize how few of their population do anything. Kaliyo - who is a semi-approved terrorist - talks a lot about this. They barely have laws, let alone crime, let alone war. The Knights seriously try to arrest the Outlander when they escape with Lana in Chapter III. Both that they thought that was a good idea and that they went "Stop, police!" says a great deal. Hell, the survivor is offput that a Sith murders someone.

These people have absolutely no idea how the real world works, let alone what the rest of the galaxy is. It probably is not very hard for underworld, commando or Force-using characters to get on and off Zakuul.

Zakuul doesn't require as much gameplay/story segregation when you realize how few of their population do anything. Kaliyo - who is a semi-approved terrorist - talks a lot about this. They barely have laws, let alone crime, let alone war. The Knights seriously try to arrest the Outlander when they escape with Lana in Chapter III. Both that they thought that was a good idea and that they went "Stop, police!" says a great deal. Hell, the survivor is offput that a Sith murders someone.

These people have absolutely no idea how the real world works, let alone what the rest of the galaxy is. It probably is not very hard for underworld, commando or Force-using characters to get on and off Zakuul.

While it is true that the oddities of Zakuul maybe explain how the Outlander gets away with participating in the arena, there are still issues with it from a lore perspective...

While bounty hunters and smugglers, and maybe greedy Sith, would make a certain degree of sense as participants in a blood sport, Jedi, Republic Commandos, and Imperial Intelligence Agents would not.

The characters that might otherwise participate in a blood sport for cash also are still putting at risk the fate of the Alliance just to participate. It's impulsive and strategically foolish to participate, even if the character might be otherwise inclined to do so.

It's honestly easier to just fan w@nk it as being non-canon than to come up with plausible reasons why and how it could actually exist in the story. Similar problems exist for Hutt Ball.

Edited by Aeneas_Falco

Ehhh, idk. Maybe if Eternal Championship would be somehow beneficial to Alliance we will have to do it? As for staying low – we can ask Scorpio to digitally give Outlander a pair of glasses and thick mustache on all sefies Zakuul socialites will do.

Obviously, Agent have an ultimate disguise (courtesy of Watcher X). Imagine it...

“Once upon a time there was a man who enjoyed programming droids with interesting personalities and additional subroutines. His legacy leaves on in never ending HK series! But what is you do not know yet, that HK was not the only brainchild of this genius! He also tinkered with his coffee machine!

Ladies, gentleman's and gentlebeings! We proudly present you our new contender for the title of a GRAND Champion of Eternal Championship! It may look harmless, it may tidy up a house of its soon to be desisted current master during a day, but at night it slices, it dices, it tags them and bags them! It's also makes a wonderful cappuccino with a perfect balance of light cream and dark coffee! MEET THE BEENBOT!”

Edited by RandomName_Ru

Obviously, Agent have an ultimate disguise (courtesy of Watcher X). Imagine it...

It always bothered me that the Agent did the carbonite thing to get up the lift on Belsavis to hide her life signs. It seemed the story remembered that Watcher X did the implant, but not what it was for.

More on-topic, I think the arena will be fun from a gameplay perspective. If my Jedi has to do it it'll probably be in the same way that she "can't afford to not" recruit Kaliyo. Sure, if you say so :rolleyes:.

Actually, he might not want to. Consider the Lady of Sorrows chapter, when he totally knows the Outlander's on the planet, and even where s/he is, and seems content to simply be a hassle. And if the Outlander surrenders at Asylum, he's content with that, until Valkie starts instigating. In fact, in some ways, the Outlander is actually kind of useful to him. S/he provides a public enemy, that he can use to justify his oppression of the rest of the galaxy...

While it is true that the oddities of Zakuul maybe explain how the Outlander gets away with participating in the arena, there are still issues with it from a lore perspective...

While bounty hunters and smugglers, and maybe greedy Sith, would make a certain degree of sense as participants in a blood sport, Jedi, Republic Commandos, and Imperial Intelligence Agents would not.

The characters that might otherwise participate in a blood sport for cash also are still putting at risk the fate of the Alliance just to participate. It's impulsive and strategically foolish to participate, even if the character might be otherwise inclined to do so.

It's honestly easier to just fan w@nk it as being non-canon than to come up with plausible reasons why and how it could actually exist in the story. Similar problems exist for Hutt Ball.

Is the arena something you have to do to advance the story or is it a side quest? If it is a side quest then just don't do it with your character if you feel it would be OOC to do it.